Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Republicans lol and inhumane

Talking Republicans lol and inhumane

I don't know if it's key republican figures that make mistakes to make one question their intelligence. Micheal steel recently said in a recent debate
    Questionire: favorite book?
    Steel: war and peace
    Steel: it was the best of times it was the worst of times
    For those of you who know literature you know the book a war of two cities
    That was funny but the audacity of the republican majority to refuse to pass the health care bills for Firefighters and others who were the first ones in the blaze during the 9-11 attacks until their bush tax cuts were extended. That's where morals come into play and I feel like nobody knows or cares about that happening. Greed triumphed over heroes. I'm not trying to spawn a political debate here on Stances just pointing out some things that have gone by.

I still hate Obama for not putting his foot down and being like "WIMIN! IF YOU DON'T PASS THIS SHIT THERE WILL BE SOME BLACK SHIT GOING DOWN IN THIS SHIT!". The only two things I liked about bush was that he made fun of himself so the comedians didn't have to do so much work and two, when he wanted to do shit, he did it. It was usually stupid shit, but he did it. Obama is being a pussy. The republicans are out to make sure he is known as the president who didn't do jack shit. They're stopping *good* bills because they're angry at him.

Since we're on the topic of dumb things that conservatives say, google "tea party jesus." It's normally good stuff. Personally I'm tired of both sides of the coin trying to come out on top. But luckily we still have the right to make fun of any politicians that we don't agree with. Once we lose the ability to have that sense of humor, then we are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by iPampers View Post
    For those of you who know literature you know the book a war of two cities
    I am no fan of republicans, but you got it wrong too. The line is from A Tale of Two Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by iPampers View Post
    That was funny but the audacity of the republican majority to refuse to pass the health care bills for Firefighters and others who were the first ones in the blaze during the 9-11 attacks until their bush tax cuts were extended. That's where morals come into play and I feel like nobody knows or cares about that happening. Greed triumphed over heroes. I'm not trying to spawn a political debate here on Stances just pointing out some things that have gone by.
    While the Republicans in the Senate (not the House--the House passed the bill) stonewalled the 9/11 First Responder's Bill, it's worth noting two things. 1. The bill did eventually pass, although far later than it should have. 2. The Democrats had a majority in both house at this point, used procedures that required bipartisan support (instead of simply ramming them through with their majorities), and failed abjectly in politicising the issue.

Michael Steele's comments on War and Peace, and conflation of it with A Tale of Two Cities (unless meant ironically--which is possible), remind me of the scene in the Wire where Clay Davis is doing a perp walk and refers to "Askileus" (Aeschylus) and simply reads the blurb on the courthouse steps. It's obvious he hasn't read the book.

Butterfly Mage

The thing to understand about Republican leaders (not necessarily all individual Republicans) is that they serve the extremely wealthy FIRST, fundamentalist Christians second, and nobody comes in third. They also make it a habit of restricting civil liberties by scaremongering. "War on drugs" and "war on terror" are really both wars on freedom and privacy. They also like to scapegoat. For example, they blame gays for the decrepitude if marriage in rhrhe straight community and they blame union workers for the bad economy instead of the billionaire kleptocratic bankers.

Dwhite

Um... Its sounds like you are suggesting that there are politicians in general that arent idiots. Regardless of there parties.

And anyways with the tax cuts for the small rich population, they still pay more than 60% of the taxes in the country. They had a point to them and it didnt work they should have gone away but they didnt. The 9/11 thing...Yeah there is a problem with that. My two main issues with health care was that it required you to buy it, though its dumb not to have it you cant force it on someone, and the fact that it would be run by the government. And they make a mess of everything.

At least Bush was realistic with his goals. Bush said "we would be 70% off foreign oil by the year 2020." While the 8 presidents before him were like "We will be completely off foreign oil by the year this "year""

Say what you want about that man, But at least he is realistic.

Look, I'm sure we can all agree on two points here.

-Politics are dumb.
    -Politicians, regardless of whom it happens to be, are dumb.

Butterfly Mage

Don't forget "self-absorbed" and "self-serving". A normal person doesn't feel a compelling need to cultivate the adulation of the masses. There is something broken in the psyches of career politicians.