Thread: creation of pacifiers

Default creation of pacifiers

I know that pacifiers get brought up a bunch... but this is my deal... I have been using Nuk 5s for nearly a year now.

I am tired of them because they are soooo expensive and one paci usually only lasts me a month until the latex gets nasty.

I just bought a soothie and a ma'am package of pacifiers. I like the ma'am so far.

I plan to buy other types too.

But they are so little in my mouth. Is there anyway to find silicone that will conform to the image of a nuk 5 or make a ma'am bigger so that it will be more comfortable? Any ideas?

Tell me what your ideas are and if you have tried it and had success with it.

I was (Iīm) a man of a lot of jobs and one of that was about models. To create paci is the most difficult make a nipple. But isnīt impossible, I try to write something like a maual:

First search for some paci which you can separate old nipple. Later make a nipple of some hard material, which respect the nipple hole of the basic part. Then make something to create a mole of the nipple in form of the hole, but smaller (2,5 mm as minimal.) This is the first part.

Now with all preparated take gypsum and take a model of the hard nipple for up and down. Once it get hard, is necesary to connect both parts cutting all what is out of object as itīll be in the form of the whole nipple. And later charge this gypsum of the silicon, put inside the block the ensure the hole and wait. GOOD LUCK !!!

Quote Originally Posted by maddie212 View Post
    I know that pacifiers get brought up a bunch... but this is my deal... I have been using Nuk 5s for nearly a year now.

I am tired of them because they are soooo expensive and one paci usually only lasts me a month until the latex gets nasty.

I just bought a soothie and a ma'am package of pacifiers. I like the ma'am so far.

I plan to buy other types too.

But they are so little in my mouth. Is there anyway to find silicone that will conform to the image of a nuk 5 or make a ma'am bigger so that it will be more comfortable? Any ideas?

Tell me what your ideas are and if you have tried it and had success with it.
    What do you think of the soothies? They seem really small...
    But yeah, MAMs rock!!

thanks... i may just stick with my nuk 5s!

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

I was looking for a larger silicone paci.. but I couldn't do all the work as stated above.. I'd never get it right....

and the small ones are just that... too small... they hurt my teeth... some of the guards are great but what's a guard without a good fitting paci?

If you want to try the things on the wiki but for with silicone you might want to check out some of these although I don't know how safe these are for the human condition

has looked at pacifersrus.com again and decided that if i get money this month... i am going to get the ma'am teethers... but i am chewing all over this soothie.. if it was only a little longer!

I think you're right, casting it yourself from silicon and using a store bought pacifier base, would probably be the best method. Plus silicon lasts much much longer than latex