Thread: Asking someone to prom

Default Asking someone to prom

Well so what are some stellar ideas for asking someone to prom? I have this girl in mind that I wanna ask to the Prom in May, and would like a plethora of ideas to think on.

Thanks in advance for your help.

*giggles* Well... from a female perspective...

It's all about how you compose your self. I am a very shy, passive, subby type of girl so i would never approach anyone with anything pretty much. That being said if somebody approached me with something like that i think self confidence is the way to go.

Honnestly... it depends on the girl... and also i never been to public school before so i dont understand all that cliquey stuff too well so idk how that stuff plays in.

I would suggest using the words 'would you like to go to the prom with me, [insert name here]'. I am assuming that you are already reasonably friendly and on first name terms.

If you are NOT already reasonably friendly and on first name terms, you have two options:

1/. Become reasonably friendly and on first name terms with all possible speed, and then use the simple phrase above
    2/. Choose another date, with whom you are already reasonably friendly etc etc

This sounds sarcastic but it's not meant to be. My point is, asking someone to the prom that you don't really know yet will cause awkwardness and you will likely be rejected*; asking someone you DO know is much more comfortable, and doesn't really require any tricks or tips ...

*that is if, like me when I was your age, you are awkward, spotty etc, resembling a Greek God only in the trouser department

It really depends on the girl. If she's a already friend and/or you're almost 100% positive she would say yes to you, you could pretty much do anything. Otherwise, your method is sort of a "first impression" of you towards her. I always tried to be as creative as possible.

For my senior ball, I bought a beach ball and wrote on it with sharpie: "Will you go to [this] with me?" To build up suspense, I posted a video on Facebook for all my friends to see presenting this ball. Then when I brought it school, I called out her name in the hallway and threw it towards her.

In the end, she said no. Not because of me, but because of some complicated issues with someone else. She did like the presentation though.

So wacky stuff like that works.

Just ask, be upfront, strong, and affirmative. Maybe Comment on how you really like her, then go for it.

JDdl

all that i have to say is get creative, you could do many things like such as what misterD, do you know some of her favorite things? do you know her favorite flower maybe? if you know her favorite flower you could take a small piece of paper write "will to go to prom with me" and tuck it into the petals, or maybe you could put one of the flowers a day into her locker and then try the note thing. do you know any other of her favorite things? do you know her favorite song? if you do then maybe you couldquote the song at different times of the day around her, maybe her favorite song is raise your glass (im just using this as an example) then maybe one way that you could quote it is by saying "raise your glass to the prom" or maybe "raise your glass to[insert her name]" and when you mention her name ask her. or if her favorite song is Toes (it's a better song than the name sounds) then you could say "[her anme] and palm tress, they danced in my head, i was still in the bagage line" then ask. vlentines day is coming up, i recomend that you ask then, but make it early in the day, before anyone else does, because im sure other people are planning on asking on valentines day. oh and if you don't know any of her favorite thing, ask friends that are close to her, im sure that they would be glad to help out.

those were just ideas off of the top of my head imagine what you could do in just a week. just remember be friendly, comfident, and sweet. and don't forget to treat her nice not only to help get her to like you, but to show her that you like her, don't just tell her, show her. and if you don't i will hunt you down and kick your a*s if her father hasn't already done it for me, thats not a threat thats a promise. but seriously treat her nice.

Get to know the person well. Unless you're a playa (which I doubt), it's not common for other people to ask others out on a first date at the prom, or so I've seen.

Anyways, you have to be confident, assertive, and be ready to take a 'no'. It's just one of those risks that may be worth it...

I've been rejected twice for homecoming and I go to a small private school. She is also one of my good friends, but idk how she feels abt going to prom. My friend gave her a hypothetical situation and apparently (for the homecoming dance in October) she thought it would be awkward to go with me...but maybe things have/will change.

I may be way off-base here, but if you've already asked her twice and she's already said 'no' twice, you might be barking up the wrong tree on this one.

Since she's also a friend of yours, I would seriously consider whether you want to jeopardize that friendship by continuing to ask her to dances. She obviously knows you're interested in her - maybe it's time to just ease up and let her make the next move (if there is to be any). Of course, there is no reward without risk, so...

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Azninvazn View Post
    I've been rejected twice for homecoming and I go to a small private school. She is also one of my good friends, but idk how she feels abt going to prom. My friend gave her a hypothetical situation and apparently (for the homecoming dance in October) she thought it would be awkward to go with me...but maybe things have/will change.
    You need to wake up and smell the roses here. You do not have what she said, only what 'your-friend-said-she-said'. Between friends, all is fair in love and war. Keep your other friends (male and female) out of the loop. I know rejection is hard, suck it up. Wear your heart on your sleeve, in a private moment, ask this girl yourself.