Thread: Any Spriters Around Here?

Default Any Spriters Around Here?

Anyone? Anyone?

Anyhow, I've been thinking of doing an animation, using sprites with an AB/DL theme. Now the sprites and characters exist officially, I know to give credit, and and say so-and-so belongs to so-and-so, all of that stuff...

but the PROBLEM is that I'm having trouble with editing the sprites for the AB/DL theme.

Also, if this is in the wrong place, I apologize, and, please move it if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
    Pixel art. Learn how to do it.
    This.

It's not hard, I made my avatar. 'Dolling' and 'Spriting' are just pixel art. There are probably thousands of tutorials on how to do it.

The reason it's just better if you learn yourself is because it's sometimes hard for another person to do the artwork just the way you want it.

Spriting isn't as easy as simple pixel art.

You still need to know basic art skills. Such as how the body - and character - will look before it is finished. Much like an artist envisions his work before painting.

Then again, pixel art is not as hard as painting. It's more-so a basic art skill.

But even the basics require practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshinori View Post
    Spriting isn't as easy as simple pixel art.

You still need to know basic art skills. Such as how the body - and character - will look before it is finished. Much like an artist envisions his work before painting.

Then again, pixel art is not as hard as painting. It's more-so a basic art skill.

But even the basics require practice.
    It's related.

That's why I mentioned all the tutorials that are out there that teach how to do things like that. I've done spriting before, and it's so incredibly similar, it's just more tedious because everything has to match across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    It's related.

That's why I mentioned all the tutorials that are out there that teach how to do things like that. I've done spriting before, and it's so incredibly similar, it's just more tedious because everything has to match across the board.
    Quick reply time! Yeah!

You basically need a lot of patience. The character needs to be the right size and all of that junk, which is all up to you to create and ensure that s/he - the sprite - actually comes out the size you like, or is required.

...I'm far too impatient for that..

alright guys... I'll see what I can do on my own. It's just that I've been trying for a while. I guess not long enough....

Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    alright guys... I'll see what I can do on my own. It's just that I've been trying for a while. I guess not long enough....
    If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to try and help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to try and help you out.
    Thanks. I'll find a tutorial or something first, before I start bothering you. lol