Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Side wetting

Pulluplover

Default Back Side wetting

A problem from a rookie here. When I really do use diapers, which I typically do now when I wear, I can control any leakage with Pull Ups by controlling speed of whetting and Cushies are not a problem no matter what I do. But the Pull Ups will really leak up my back if they are soaked and I sit or lay down.(Plastic pants help) And last night with a well whetted Cushie it leaked up my back in bed a bit, leaving a slight wet mark on the sheets. I was kind of surprised. Always my backside, no other leaks. And the Cushies definitely go high enough.

Is this just too much volume for the diaper, or is there something I am missing? its certainly not the end of the world, I can change a little more often, and use plastic pants at night. But still, am a little surprised at where the leaking occurs.

if the cushies are the right size for you then i guess it would be due to not fastening it tight enough or just not properly. or that it is gone over its capacity...

Could it be some of the moisture getting pressed out due to pressure on the absorbent material while sitting?

I've never had that happen. :| I can understand pull ups but if Cushies are fastened right i dont get why that would happen. I'm kinda having trouble understanding what you really mean. Like you're sleeping upside down? Lol

daipe

I have been experiencing this with Goodnites recently: when you wet it to much, and the gel can no longer absorb any more liquid, it will just sit on top of it. If you're standing up right and not moving, nothing happens. But when you sit down - all of the exess liquid will come out the back. I haven't found any solution to this, apart from maybe doubling up. I am supposing that that using plastic would help, however I don't own any to confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by daipe View Post
    I have been experiencing this with Goodnites recently: when you wet it to much, and the gel can no longer absorb any more liquid, it will just sit on top of it. If you're standing up right and not moving, nothing happens. But when you sit down - all of the exess liquid will come out the back. I haven't found any solution to this, apart from maybe doubling up. I am supposing that that using plastic would help, however I don't own any to confirm this.
    If this were the case with the OP, it'd be a simple fix to just not wet so much? If I wore goodnites I wouldn't wet them for that reason.

Pulluplover

I agree its mostly just not wetting too much, but I I was surprised at how easily it happens at night, when i have to work hard at it with multiple floodings during the day.

This happens to me where pee comes out the top of the diaper, but to me it happens in the front (fyi: I'm not an idiot, I point it down).
    And I use mostly plastic backed diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by 123alex321 View Post
    This happens to me where pee comes out the top of the diaper, but to me it happens in the front (fyi: I'm not an idiot, I point it down).
    And I use mostly plastic backed diapers.
    yeah it makes sense for that to happen, but out of the back x_x ..

The only time this ever occurs to me is when the back padding of the diaper is soaked beyond capacity . If you are on your back then wetness can escape from the back of your diaper, especially if your leg gathers are doing a great job trapping moisture The wetness can pool around your butt and flow out the back. Also, if you are on your back the padding at the back of the diaper will have a lower capacity than at other times when your weight is not on it.