Thread: Ahoy!!!!

Default Ahoy!!!!

ahoy there people nice to meet you

im matt, an AB from the UK. i was brought here by a friend but unfortunately i forgot the URL. he sent me back. i signed in only to get a message saying ive become a lurker. but apparently if i post on here that should be back to how it was in an hour. i promise to make this one of my visited sites.

CYAS

matt

Quote Originally Posted by matty0807 View Post
    ahoy there people nice to meet you

im matt, an AB from the UK. i was brought here by a friend but unfortunately i forgot the URL. he sent me back. i signed in only to get a message saying ive become a lurker. but apparently if i post on here that should be back to how it was in an hour. i promise to make this one of my visited sites.

CYAS

matt
    So you're only posting so you won't be a lurker?

In that case I'm only posting to tell you to read this and try again.

Nah just kidding! But seriously, you need to tell us more than that for that to be an introduction. E.g. Who is your friend? What are your outside interests? Why do you want to belong to ADISC?

Default ok so maybe this is a better intro

Hi there people

My name is matt, im 20 years old, currently living in Manchester in the UK. ive been an AB for as long as i can remember even from when i was really young. i have ADHD but have been able to keep it under control without the use of medication for about a year now. im at university studying Media and hope to become a director in the future. my main interests are Games, films, and chatting to my friends, also music. i hope i get to know alot of you as my friends and i hope to be an active member of this community.

Thanks alot

Matty0807

you could have edited your other one lol >.< maybe a mod can merge this?

Anyways thats a better intro, welcome to adisc!!! again lol
    Last edited by BabyNaruto; 04-Jan-2011 at 11:05.

Quote Originally Posted by matty0807 View Post
    Hi there people

My name is matt, im 20 years old, currently living in Manchester in the UK. ive been an AB for as long as i can remember even from when i was really young. i have ADHD but have been able to keep it under control without the use of medication for about a year now. im at university studying Media and hope to become a director in the future. my main interests are Games, films, and chatting to my friends, also music. i hope i get to know alot of you as my friends and i hope to be an active member of this community.

Thanks alot

Matty0807
    Hey there Matty0807, welcome to ADISC!

What sort of music do you like?

I guess since you want to be a director you'll have lots of interesting opinions on films! What's your favourite movie?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDaniel View Post
    you could have edited your other one lol >.<
    It's no biggie, the point is that he's now posted a great intro. Are you going to respond to it properly?

i guess i could do:P. i do have alot of favourite movies, mostly this revolves around Lord of the Rings, anything by Danny Boyle, and the matrix trilogy. im a big sci fi geek really. music, now thats a bit different, i like the more contemporary music choices that arent really mainstream, but usually i like anything with a good beat

Welcome! But as the person above me mentioned I'd like to here more about you as a person! xD

Welcome to ADISC Matty!

I'm one of the oldies here in the community.

Glad to hear you have relief and a solution for your ADHD. Although this was not an identified condition when I was a child, I'm sure I've had a severe case of it my entire life. I am an amazing creative person but ADHD/ADD has been a hindering factor in many life areas. Interpersonal relationships can be difficult but my wife is very understanding and kind (regarding my distractability and AB/DL tendencies).

Your University studies sound awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed my undergraduate and graduate studies, (Started as a Commercial/Graphic Arts Major but transfered to Elementary and Special Education after volunteering with blind children). I worked as a teacher and school counselor (Elementary and Secondary) for over 25 years.

I'm also fond of SciFi (both in books and Movies) and like you have very eclectic musical tastes.

Hope to read more of your contributions to the forums in the future.