Thread: Relationship Help

Default Relationship Help

Okay so these names have been changed, but anyways, I have a really good friend named Marie, who I've had a crush on for quite a while. She told me that this other girl, Kerry liked me. Well, in an effort to be polite I started talking to her, perhaps a little too much, and now I guess we are kinda in a relationship, when truthfully I think of her (Kerry) as more of a friend. I still do have feelings for Marie, but she's good friend with Kerry, so I am pretty much screwed out of any chance at Marie unless Kerry breaks up with me (which I can't forsee happening). I also don't really have the heart to break up with her. I've tried in the past to go after Marie to no avail. When Marie had boy problems (with someone she liked), I willingly helped her out, despite the fact that I had a huge crush on her. Marie is also extremely hard to win over and is very particular about who she likes but I am starting to see that she notices that I will pretty much do anything for her and always be there for her....I don't know what to do right now.

Note: seeing as relationship advce varies with age, I am a junior in high school, 17 years old.

Well even though she understands your a good friend to her, it doesn't mean she sees you as anything more than just that. As far as the other girl goes if you're with her and don't have feelings for her you shouldn't stay with her. Not saying you are because I can tell you aren't meaning to, but stringing her along for the sake of being polite isn't going to make her happy in the long run. :| I'd advise breaking it off with the girl and explain to her why you got into a relationship. Then if you really feel there could be something more with Maria, then pursue it. If it's meant to be then it is, if not, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Coritou View Post
    Well even though she understands your a good friend to her, it doesn't mean she sees you as anything more than just that. As far as the other girl goes if you're with her and don't have feelings for her you shouldn't stay with her. Not saying you are because I can tell you aren't meaning to, but stringing her along for the sake of being polite isn't going to make her happy in the long run. :| I'd advise breaking it off with the girl and explain to her why you got into a relationship. Then if you really feel there could be something more with Maria, then pursue it. If it's meant to be then it is, if not, it's not.
    I see what you are saying...I mean it's a really complex situation right now and I mean it may be a bit weird to break up, but idk I may be viewed as shallow in that way...I mean I highly doubt I have any chance with her but haha today she was telling me how emotional she got when reading "Dear John". My email was open and I had received an email from college and it opened "Dear John" as are all my other letters :P...and she said jokingly "i wanna marry you" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Azninvazn View Post
    I see what you are saying...I mean it's a really complex situation right now and I mean it may be a bit weird to break up, but idk I may be viewed as shallow in that way...I mean I highly doubt I have any chance with her but haha today she was telling me how emotional she got when reading "Dear John". My email was open and I had received an email from college and it opened "Dear John" as are all my other letters :P...and she said jokingly "i wanna marry you" :P
    :/ yeah it does sound like quite a predicament, but for the sake of the other girl It'd be the right thing to do. Anyways, I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do. :p

Tell it to her. As to which her--both.
    I think your gf would understand that you rushed into a relationship when you feel like just friends and the girl you like would think it to be romantic...maybe.

Things like this either go real well, or blow up in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by 123alex321 View Post
    Tell it to her. As to which her--both.
    I think your gf would understand that you rushed into a relationship when you feel like just friends and the girl you like would think it to be romantic...maybe.

Things like this either go real well, or blow up in your face.
    I of course would hope for the latter were I to decide to do it. Im still really stuck and I am a terrible decision maker when it comes to things like this :/.

Quote Originally Posted by 123alex321 View Post
    I think you mean the former lol.
    Yeah I did lol. Sorry I'm just really tired from my first day back. And how does a break up go early in a relationship? I mean idk what the heck I'm doing. :/

I wouldn't know. Sorry. But I believe the longer it foes on, the more emotionally attached she will become, the worse it will be.
    And the great thing with honesty over schemes is you don't have to know what you are doing, just do you.

I mean she's a really nice girl but things don't feel right. I may go to Marie on this one cuz she may be able to help me.