Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Depends hate

Default Depends hate

I'm just curious about why you all seem to hate on them all the time. I have used depends max fitted protection a few times including overnight last night with a couple normal wettings and I haven't had any real problems with them so far.

Not defending nor advocating them, just curious why they have such a bad rep.
    Last edited by kwisy; 03-Jan-2011 at 15:31.

the fitted max people seem to like. most of the rest people seem to find prone to leaking and very low capacity. But then the low end ones are more "dribble stoppers" than anything, so it's probably just people trying to get good capacity on the cheap with the expected result.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    the fitted max people seem to like. most of the rest people seem to find prone to leaking and very low capacity. But then the low end ones are more "dribble stoppers" than anything, so it's probably just people trying to get good capacity on the cheap with the expected result.
    Thanks for clearing that up
    They were working pretty well for me once I fixed how I was taping them so I wasn't sure why everyone was hating on them. Now I understand that the general brand is the problem and the fitted max seem to be an exception to the norm.

Dang, what do you call heavy wetting?
    I have a heavy wetting and I'll need at least two depends (even the fitted max protection)

Quote Originally Posted by 123alex321 View Post
    Dang, what do you call heavy wetting?
    I have a heavy wetting and I'll need at least two depends (even the fitted max protection)
    I should probably rephrase that to a "normal wetting" and it wasn't like I drank multiple liters of water every hour that day. I can see how that might be how some people fill up bambinos or stuff like that.

Can't say I hate the brand in general. :p Just a particular one that I wore was icky(don't remember which one exactly.)

I don't know about other people, but for me, I hate Depends brand. Every time I have worn them, they leak on the first wetting, even the fitted ones. However, this is probably because I am a bit overweight, and I sleep on my side. They gap really badly. The new women's pull ups are stretchy enough that they don't gap, but their absorbency is horrible. It says maximum but it's more like thick underwear.

SourMashKids

Just curious, have you tried any of the higher end brands.. or only Depends and store diapers?

Pulluplover

They look like Grandma diapers! I want babyish or youthful diapers at least.

In general, I think depends max are fine. I like them, and buy them because they are available almost everywhere and they have plastic cover instead of cloth-like (which I don't care for). Sure, they don't hold as much as some other products but they are also a little more discreet than other products if you are wearing in public. You can always add an extra pad in there if you want increased capacity.