Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the scene, looking to meet some new people!

Default New to the scene, looking to meet some new people!

Hey there! =3 New to the Diaper lover scene, not so interested in the Adult baby side, but to each their own!

I love writing and doodling, the first being my strong point. If anyone is familiar with NaNoWriMo, I participate each year and haven't finished yet. =( I enjoy just relaxing and watching anime, movies, and playing video games.

I'm currently a student, kinda puts a damper on the diaper thing but I take what I got. I'm going for a degree in Narrative Video Game Design. If you want to talk video games go ahead and send me a message, I can talk for hours on different aspects. xD

I ran into this site through searching for a place for ABDL. =P Looking for people with similar interests and be a little more informed on the ins-and-outs of this side of things. =) A question that is biting at me....not sure if I'm making a mistake but here it goes!

Isn't it difficult to find someone who you see as a friend/more that agrees with your "Diaper" side? I know for some this may be a larger thing, but I just think about it and it seems impossible! D=

Thanks for reading!

Welcome! ;D

Video game design huh? Awesome!

what kinda games do you play?

hope to see you around

Snaps

"Isn't it difficult to find someone who you see as a friend/more that agrees with your "Diaper" side?"

Yeah, I'd say so! Its very difficult because you can't just go around asking everyone you like if they are cool with you and diapers (unless you can, in which case you have more cajones than I do).

And that's cool. I like videogames, when I was in middle school I would honestly play them like 6-8 hours a day.

Welcome, Starilo!

You'll have lots of fun here, I assure it.

As Snaps had asked above, what kind of games do you play?

Considering you're into Game Design, I would imagine you have a diverse field of play based in that area.

I used to want to get into Game Design when I was younger.. it was always fun to dream about.

Isn't it difficult to find someone who you see as a friend/more that agrees with your "Diaper" side? I know for some this may be a larger thing, but I just think about it and it seems impossible! D=
    Well, yes and no... On here I know many people and a few are close friends; I have started to be in the live local (off-Adisc) meetup scene and while no fireworks yet locally I have some very good out of town friends. I am lucky not to have an achy breaky heart and dream, as a younger me did, of finding a padded girlfriend.

I'm currently a student, kinda puts a damper on the diaper thing but I take what I got. I'm going for a degree in Narrative Video Game Design. If you want to talk video games go ahead and send me a message, I can talk for hours on different aspects. xD
    Right there you have genesis of getting lots of friends.

Glad you are here, looks like this site was tailor made for you.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 04-Jan-2011 at 05:12.

Hey, Welcome to the site. First person I can think of from South Dakota I've seen anywhere on the net xD. Since Snaps stole the video game question :P, what genre of movies do you usually like to watch?

Welcome to ADISC!

It's good to see someone with interest in game-design. I hope I actually get a job with a company, but currently at a media desk job web developing and working on my portfolio in the spare time.

Since other stole the video game, which is something the majority of us here enjoy... its surprising how often you'll hear "Spending my weekend in my diapers and playing *insert new game title here*." XD

So, how about board games? Any particular boardgames you've enjoyed recently, and what genra of boardgame do you like?

Also, what aspect of game design do you admire most? Story writing, concept designing, gameplay, animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Starilo View Post
    Hey there! =3 ........Looking for people with similar interests and be a little more informed on the ins-and-outs of this side of things. =) A question that is biting at me....not sure if I'm making a mistake but here it goes!

Thanks for reading!
    Welcome to ADISC! If you have read the various stickies on this (Greetings/Introductions) forum page, you probably have an idea that this is not the typical *B/DL site, as we are a support community that serves 13+ and up. Great intro by the way - covered all aspects of yourself gave us a glimpse of you and your world.

In answer to your question above. I have had no difficulty having a full range of friendships throughout my life. Regarding friendships that are AB/DL related, I maintain those only on line and only through ADISC (I don't visit or participate in any other AB/DL sites or forums). I feel the culture, authenticity and balance of ADISC suits my sensibilities and I jealously guard (as do the majority of ADISC members, established, distinguished, top contributors and ADISC staff) the trust and safety of this site for all it's members.

Regarding your question as it applies to my most intimate relationship (My marriage), as my friend, she is aware of my AB/DL side and we are comfortable with each other regarding it. Outside of this relationship no one else really needs to know IRL.

(I'm fairly tech retarded, so I'm trying out dial up internet on this site as my phone provider tripled the monthly cost of my DSL). Other than not having an ability to watch you tube there should be little hiderance being off DSL. I live very rurally and DSL was not available to me until December of 2009. When I called to disconnect the service, the phone company rep (Frontier) stated that my DSL service was operating very slowly. (And for this they were charging me out the ass!) Pheeew!

Great to hear about your current educational pursuits. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and that you'll be a welcome addition to the community. Welcome again.

Holy cow! =O Thanks for the interest everyone! I honestly went through alot of ghost forums to find this jewel!

What kind of Video Games do I play? I do have a VERY wide array of games I play. FPS, Dungeon crawler, puzzle, basic adventure, MMORPG, JRPG, Indpendent, arcade, and we can never forget Survival Horror! I recently fell in absolute love with Dead Space. The game is so well designed I could choke myself with it! I'm currently in a topics class breaking down survival horror and it carries the right amount of "Jump" scare and ambience. The developers choke you with ambience as the ship clunks and groans around you, keeping the player on edge to enhance those jump moments. Then, they take everything away. It get deathly quiet and, yet again, the player is on edge on wondering what's around the corner.

Another aspect to look at is light. We constantly see horror films that have shadows flitting across the walls and behind us. In Deadspace they use the cliche, but then they also rip it asunder. You often find yourself in rooms full of flashing lights or moving shadows that are cast on an opposing wall while a giant piece of rock is being mined and drowns all possibility of hearing something. It's truly a rush.

Dead Space 2, with the demo coming out recently just perfected the formula. They've added antoehr element into the scare factor. Isaac (The main character) now hallucinates at random moments. Barely a minute into the demo you are ripped into an alternate surrounding with screeching noise and things attacking you but you can't do anything. Ther player has a flight or fight response and can do nothing, so the body panics. I needed to pause the game and step back after that one. xD

Despite that I grew up on Zelda, Nintendo has a special place in my heart as I'm sure it does any classic or old school gamer. I may be 19, but I still know the oldies. Atari, Sega genesis, NES, and my all time favorite the SNES. Some other titles I love are Metroid, Resident Evil (although the titles after 4 kinda....let's not go there.), Fable, Halo, Gears of War, Bioshock, Resistance, Killzone, Elder scrolls, Final Fantasy, Donkey Kong Country, and Tetris are a few.

Now, on to movies! The last movie I watched was Tron Legacy. I could talk for hours on that, but I will say I love the movie and I think it did an excellent job of bringing the name to this generation. I enjoy action films, psychological thrillers, deep movies that make you think. Inception is a good title for that. When I watch a good movie, I tend to want to know every single little detail of its story/background. The same thing goes for videogames, I will spend hours on the internet or in a book that goes with the story JUSt to figure out more about the underlying peices of the story. I kind of have too, Narrative Design is story production. I think people will hate me when I get into the field because I am a huge perfectionist. I'll delve into details that the player doesn't even see just so the story will make sense or hold together completely.

Speaking of that, I actually have games that I've designed saved in a notebook. Storyline, characters, combat, key features, scenery, theme, everything is written in this notebook. =)

KittyHeart, A portfolio is so amazingly important I wish I could think of a possible representation to show you. The big bang would be close....but god is a close second. With "Fine art" degrees declining in actual usefullness, a portfolio has become the main key to show that you have the mind and ability to your employer. We've had students that are in the field talk to us who have majored in art and the first thing the employer does is ask for portfolio. "Hi, welcome, so your here for the Developmental and Concept artist?" Scans over high Art credits and degree, tosses it aside. "Okay, lets see that porfolio." Is a common occurence.

Board games, Not so much I'm afraid. A professor of mine actually specializes in board/card game design. I've played a game that's called like Knights of the camelot or something. You draw a knight card that show what knight you are. One of them is the black knight and he has to sabotage the missions without being caught. It was so fun, we almost hated each other after it. xD

I assumed finding a particular mate/interest would be suprisingly difficult with a special side to you. I consider myself a furry as well, but I try to stay away from the sexual aspect of it, so that's always fun to try and weasel in to someone. I would have to say finding an actual community though would help wonders, creating venues and connections and what not.

have you ever watch memento? I think that would fit into the type of movies you like (and was written/directed by the same guy who did Inception). As for survival horror, you should check out Amnesia: The Dark Descent, everything I hear about it is that it is one of the scariest games in the genre (right now).