Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If I had to, could I quit cold turkey?

Default If I had to, could I quit cold turkey?

Here's a question I've been pondering lately.

Right now I'm single and live alone so I can indulge in any type of diaper play that I desire. I have been wondering if I met some one to date and possibly marry (chances are they wouldn't be into ABDL), would it be possible for me to just quit this aspect of my life? I'm interested in hearing what people in this forum think.

You could, but it would take a lot of self restraint. I find something that helps, is to have a hobby of some kind.

Definitely think it's possible. I notice I tend to think about diaper-related stuff when I'm distracted with something else (a hobby, friends, schoolwork, etc.). If I keep these "distractions" consistent enough, I'm sure eventually I'd lose interest in diapers.

most people have found that its more than a little difficult to quit something so deeply ingrained....i would wait to cross this road when and if you find your self having to cross....work on trying to find some one you can share this with before giving up a big piece of you. i guess im assuming that this is an important part of you as it is for all of us....

I know from experience that I can go long periods without acting on the desire if I really need to or want to. That didn't make the desire go away. I think functionally that it's possible but considering it is a harmless kink, I would say you're better off accepting it within yourself and finding someone who will as well.

Personally I don't think I could. :| But also don't see myself ever being in a position where I'd have to.

You won't be able to ignore for long. the best way to get rid of any negative influence is (forgive the term) baby steps. Wean yourself off gradually, a little bit at a time. Beware though, it'll always be in the back of your mind.

You might be better off finding someone more open minded because usually the more restricted one's fetish is subdued or restrained, the more it wants to come out and play. It's not hard and you'd be better off having a partner you can fully confide in.

I've become accustomed to going long periods without diapers when it's inconvenient because it's usually inconvenient. The desires are there; I just don't act on them with actual diapers present.

If it were necessary, I could go without them just fine, as they're just a sexual kink rather than something that controls my day-to-day life. I would not, however, willingly put myself into a situation where it's necessary for a very long period of time. Frankly, if you were going to settle down with someone for the rest of your life, you have a right to expect that they at least be willing to let you enjoy diapers privately - it's part of who you are, and it doesn't significantly affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by dl819 View Post
    Here's a question I've been pondering lately.

Right now I'm single and live alone so I can indulge in any type of diaper play that I desire. I have been wondering if I met some one to date and possibly marry (chances are they wouldn't be into ABDL), would it be possible for me to just quit this aspect of my life? I'm interested in hearing what people in this forum think.
    You can quit doing anything if the stakes are high enough.

If, for example, you are told that your child will instantly die a gruesome death (let's say implanted explosives going off) if you smoked ever again, and that you'd be monitored 24/7, you would probably quit. Or at least you'd just have one cigarette, see they were serious, and then quit for the sake of kid #2.

Question: Can I quit wearing diapers?
    Suggestion for sticky answer-base answer: Yes.

Awesome.