Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone from the UK or Europe have any detailed information about these nappies?

GoodJams1

Default Does anyone from the UK or Europe have any detailed information about these nappies?

I'm curious about two of the diapers(nappies) from the UK/Europe. One of them was Moltex Junior Plus and the other one was Peaudouce Junior Ultra. Both had a school age kid on the package.

I know that they have been discontinued for a long time, but does anyone have detailed info about them? Was there a commercial and/or magazine ad for them? Ever since I saw these two packages I wondered about them.

Peaudouce were avilable in the UK during the 80s and early 90s i dont rember the packs looking like that, i think the ones i rember had a baby crawling, i remember i could not figure out how to pronounce them, so i called them poo juice, it sounded right to me and was appropriate for a nappy! i can now pronounce the name and i even know what it means, skin soft.
    I actually have a Peaudouce nappy in my vintage nappy collection, im not sure when its from becuase although the pattern on the tape panel does have the little bird logo, the ones i remember the bird was only in blue, my peaudouce has pink and blue birds, and a green waistband, im sure i've aded a pic of my vintage nappy collection here so you can see it, if i havnt i shall do so! there is a UK peaudouce ad on youtube and several peaudouce ads here Ina.fr (also some other vintage nappy ads) cant help with the moltex sorry, i think those are from Germany

Peaudouce was a french brand. They still exist and produce nappies for France, Spain and a few other countries, but for babies only.

Peaudouce Junior, the teen nappies, are still around under the name "Libero Junior" on a yellow package, available in the same countries. I have bought one recently and will try to make a review. They're designed for older kids (+25 kg, roughly 55 lbs and more, so anything from the age of 8 till young adult).
    I'm 140 lbs and still fit in them, and so does my girlfriend. I don't know if that's allowed on adisc but I could post a few pictures of her in the Libero Junior.
    They're basically a smaller version of the Tena Slip diapers, plain white, very noisy and plastic backed, with tapes on the sides. Without doubt the most baby-ish teen diaper you could ever dream of. They are sold quite well in the few stores that sell them (Leclerc in France), and they're prefered over the pull-ups brands such as Drynites, as they hold a lot more.

Unfortunately we don't have anything like that in the UK, I've never understood why it is so hard to find any proper baby-like adult nappy, plastic backed, with tapes and a decent absorbency.

Peaudouce are now a cheaper alternative to Pampers and Huggies. They're abviously no longer plastic backed, and I think the blue and pink birds are now replaced by ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by ptisimba View Post
    Peaudouce was a french brand. They still exist and produce nappies for France, Spain and a few other countries, but for babies only.

Peaudouce Junior, the teen nappies, are still around under the name "Libero Junior" on a yellow package, available in the same countries. I have bought one recently and will try to make a review. They're designed for older kids (+25 kg, roughly 55 lbs and more, so anything from the age of 8 till young adult).
    I'm 140 lbs and still fit in them, and so does my girlfriend. I don't know if that's allowed on adisc but I could post a few pictures of her in the Libero Junior.
    They're basically a smaller version of the Tena Slip diapers, plain white, very noisy and plastic backed, with tapes on the sides. Without doubt the most baby-ish teen diaper you could ever dream of. They are sold quite well in the few stores that sell them (Leclerc in France), and they're prefered over the pull-ups brands such as Drynites, as they hold a lot more.

Unfortunately we don't have anything like that in the UK, I've never understood why it is so hard to find any proper baby-like adult nappy, plastic backed, with tapes and a decent absorbency.

Peaudouce are now a cheaper alternative to Pampers and Huggies. They're abviously no longer plastic backed, and I think the blue and pink birds are now replaced by ducks.
    I was going to post pretty much that. My ten year old brother wears the Libero ones (their cloth backed) and i can still fit them pretty good but yeah, there really babyish looking lol

GoodJams1

Are they the current Libero Junior Size 7?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodJams1 View Post
    Are they the current Libero Junior Size 7?
    those are really awesome lol
    Last edited by BabyNaruto; 04-Jan-2011 at 13:05.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDaniel View Post
    I was going to post pretty much that. My ten year old brother wears the Libero ones (their cloth backed) and i can still fit them pretty good but yeah, there really babyish looking lol
    I assume you're talking about the Libero size 7 (which are the same as Tescos size 7 I believe).
    The Libero Junior however are plastic backed and look more like a smaller version of adult diapers rather than a big size baby nappy.
    I'll post a review in the next few days.

GoodJams1

I can't wait to see your review ptisimba. Please include photos if possible. Thanks!

Also interested to see if anyone knows where to order Libero Night Comfort pullups online? Preferably someplace that will ship to the US...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Product-NightComfort-Medium-700x548.jpg 
Views:	5918 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	3531  

u will not find any online stores that will ship to the usa. libero made by the makers of tena(sca) has made it clear to its distributers/stores that they dont want libero to make it into the usa. i actually got this information from a tena international rep. the reason why the libero looks like a small adult diaper minus the print is cause its made by tena which manufactures adult diapers.

Find different TENA products for children

http://www.earlyyears.co.uk/assets/catalogueImages/standard/810383.jpg

also discovered they fit up to 65 centimeters which works out to roughly 26 inches and up to 30kg(66 lbs) keep in mind that the rating diapers get are based off testing on average kids this weight and waist size...my assumption is some people up to a 30 inch wait could possibly wear these with out tearing...
    Last edited by waslost1234abc; 05-Jan-2011 at 07:06. Reason: added pic