Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essential Diaper supplies?

Default Essential Diaper supplies?

Alright So I'm in diapers for the long haul so I'm wondering what diaper supply is essential and babyish ones for fun. So far I'm using powdered to avoid rashes and minimize the smell if pee. I have thick toddler wipes for changes and when I mess. I'm sure I'm not in a messy diaper for more then 30 mins. I have incense for the smell and ziplock bags to keep dirty diapers in until I can toss them. Since I'm not changing In public or wetting In public I'm simply using diapers as a toilet if that makes any sense. Anyways I want babyish supplis So any ideas or suggestions?

Maybe a changing pad if you're really into it. Pastic pants too, especially if you have cloth diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coritou View Post
    Maybe a changing pad if you're really into it.
    yeah you mostly mentioned evrything already except the changing pad...

Yeah I think I killed the topic...fail...but yeah I can't find any plastic pants...

don't forget the rash cream, or any thick barrier cream, like vaseline (you can get it in baby scent)

For plastic pants (I dont use them to often), I use Priva brand, as they are around $10 for a 3 pair pack (but far from babyish). If you want baby print, in my opinion the best brand is Gary, and can be bought on ebay for under $15 a pair, or other online stores for $20+ a pair.

angelabauer

Each of us has a different diaper situation. I have worn either diapers or trainers my entire life. As a kid from 4-11 because of my small over-active bladder my Mom would nicely ask me to wear a pinned gauze diaper with Gerber vinyl panties instead of just cotton trainers without plastic panties when we were going on a long trip or to a special event. At puberty I reverted to bedwetting, so I pinned on my own diapers every night. All through high school I wore trainers instead of ordinary panties. Nobody cared.

The basics of keeping your skin healthy when diapered starts with careful cleaning at every change. You have the right idea to change as soon as possible after messing your diapers. I suggest you make every effort to take a shower after wiping off mess.

Contrary to myth, baby powder will not help prevent diaper rash. At the best it might reduce prickly heat in hot humid weather. Using baby powder is often suggested for tourists visiting your country. However, normally residents of such climates develop resistance to prickly heat. Only for the first few minutes will baby powder reduce diaper odor. Even a totally urinary incontinent person will not wet enough in such a short time odor control is needed.

Especially with folks who have control and thus wear diapers for emotional support, your own sweat is a bigger source of rash than your urine. Thus when it is extra hot and/or humid, you might need to change more often to avoid sweat irritation. Baby powder will not reduce sweat.

Baby lotion can be good for your skin, but only after your skin is really clean and only when you rub the lotion into your skin completely.

Buy a changing pad if you want, but that is not essential.

In your climate ordinary plastic pants over disposable diapers can and do create more problems than they solve. If you do decide to try plastic pants, you should cover your disposable with ordinary cotton undies and then cover the undies with the plastic pants. The undies will absorb your sweat and any leaks from the disposable. The plastic pants keep the undies from staining your clothing and furniture.

Best wishes for happy diapering.

Quote Originally Posted by angelabauer View Post
    Each of us has a different diaper situation. I have worn either diapers or trainers my entire life. As a kid from 4-11 because of my small over-active bladder my Mom would nicely ask me to wear a pinned gauze diaper with Gerber vinyl panties instead of just cotton trainers without plastic panties when we were going on a long trip or to a special event. At puberty I reverted to bedwetting, so I pinned on my own diapers every night. All through high school I wore trainers instead of ordinary panties. Nobody cared.

The basics of keeping your skin healthy when diapered starts with careful cleaning at every change. You have the right idea to change as soon as possible after messing your diapers. I suggest you make every effort to take a shower after wiping off mess.

Contrary to myth, baby powder will not help prevent diaper rash. At the best it might reduce prickly heat in hot humid weather. Using baby powder is often suggested for tourists visiting your country. However, normally residents of such climates develop resistance to prickly heat. Only for the first few minutes will baby powder reduce diaper odor. Even a totally urinary incontinent person will not wet enough in such a short time odor control is needed.

Especially with folks who have control and thus wear diapers for emotional support, your own sweat is a bigger source of rash than your urine. Thus when it is extra hot and/or humid, you might need to change more often to avoid sweat irritation. Baby powder will not reduce sweat.

Baby lotion can be good for your skin, but only after your skin is really clean and only when you rub the lotion into your skin completely.

Buy a changing pad if you want, but that is not essential.

In your climate ordinary plastic pants over disposable diapers can and do create more problems than they solve. If you do decide to try plastic pants, you should cover your disposable with ordinary cotton undies and then cover the undies with the plastic pants. The undies will absorb your sweat and any leaks from the disposable. The plastic pants keep the undies from staining your clothing and furniture.

Best wishes for happy diapering.
    Haha Thanks I figured plastic pants where a bad ideas. Currently it's pretty cool. I mean I've worn diapers thick too with 100+ but right now it's around 70 to 65... enough for me to not need an air conditioner XD But yeah I usually wear undies over my diapers to minimize crinkling and hold them up better (diapers tend to sag too much Y_Y and undies help keep that sag upright) So yeah I mostly use the baby powered cuz of the babyish feel and it does actually do something with the scent. In my experience at least. I mean it seems like diluted baby powered... but I do use a shitload! I put it on the diaper itself and then some on myself. XD So I go trough powder quickly. Oh and by cleaning I always take showers in between changes. I can't stand not too. And Showers after a mess is what I meant by clean up. I do the wipes flush them down the toilet( Flushable wipes FTW) and then take a shower.

There is something odd about my skin tough... I've been wearing diapers for 5 years now right? I've had days where I was in a wet and soggy diaper for a long time. At times it's been 24 hours... but never once have I had a rash.... Which is weird since it's so hot here. That's me without using protection (no powder,lotion or oil)

Oh BTW what's the opinon on baby oil? I mean whats is meant to do originally moisturize the skin?

Anoter good thing you may want do if sleeping in a night just put small about diaper rash cream on at night to provent diaper rash from all not use .

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Oh BTW what's the opinon on baby oil? I mean whats is meant to do originally moisturize the skin?
    Watch out with any oil, it takes very little of it to foul a tape. If you get oil on your hands, then wash off your hands, then handle your diaper where the tapes are going, if there was ANY oil left on your hands (and it's hard to wash off, use lots of soap and scrub it) then it'll transfer to the diaper and you may get an unpleasant 'tape pop surprise' at some point later in the day.

And one a tape has come off from that, you'll never get it to stick again, you're going to have to change.