Thread: Baby New Year

Default Baby New Year

Did anyone else ever get to play Baby New Year? Years ago I belonged to a square dance club and we had a New Years Eve party and seeming as I was the youngest male I was chosen to be Baby New Year and got to run around diapered all evening. Little did they know...

Could you please explain the whole baby new year thing to me? It's unheard of in my area ( north of the UK)

Once, downtown Chicago, my parents saw me on TV, and according to my brother made some rather disparaging comments not knowing (and to this day not knowing....) it was me.

I just got home from a new years party were my friend was baby new year. every one there was either an ab or dl. it was great I was old man winter.
    I did how ever get to sleep in one of his cribs in my thick diaper and sleeper so nice I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPurple View Post
    Could you please explain the whole baby new year thing to me? It's unheard of in my area ( north of the UK)
    Father Time, generally an old man with a long white beard, would turn into Baby New Year at midnight thus ushering in a fresh new year. Father Time was often shown wearing a long robe while Baby New Year was dressed in just a diaper with a sash across his chest with the new year's date upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by BooniesboyDL View Post
    Father Time, generally an old man with a long white beard, would turn into Baby New Year at midnight thus ushering in a fresh new year. Father Time was often shown wearing a long robe while Baby New Year was dressed in just a diaper with a sash across his chest with the new year's date upon it.
    oh right. thanks for that mate

The way i remember it wasn't the old man turning into the baby, but that the old man represented the past year, and the baby represented the new year, and so the world was basically handed over from the old man to the baby. It's common for the two to have their respective years in large numbers on a sash they both wear. So the old man would be wearing a 2010 sash and the baby would be wearing a 2011 sash.

The old man is usually as aged as they can make him look, in the stereotypical way. Extremely long white beard (often to the floor and then some), bald, usually in a flowing white or grey robe, usually with a gnarly cane/walking stick, with a very aged face.

I really wanted to this year, but I wasn't exactly in the right company to do so. I'm hoping I can hit up a DL party at the end of this year so I can play the baby new year. owo;