Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *Vintage* Baby Products

Default *Vintage* Baby Products

So theres this store thats like...a few blocks away from my house,
    and its like the wierdest store ever. They have things hanging from the cieling...clothes ontop of eachother..and like...the guy that runs it practically NEVER renews the stock. Most people would enter and say ...okay im leaving..

But me >;3 I said *WOOO BABY PRODUCTS WERE CUTER IN THE 80'S AND 90'S!*

sooooo.

:3

I got this glass bottle there that I saw on "Look Who's Talking too" So it must be from the 90's
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/oreo_ana/aventglass-Copy.jpg

Im probably not gonna use the nipples from these bottles because they're like..from 1989. LOL but...Im gonna sterilize the bottles and wash everything else.. they are just sooo cute.
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/oreo_ana/yellowvintage.jpg
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/oreo_ana/pinkvintage-Copy.jpg
    And this flinstones rattle is cute :3
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/oreo_ana/rattletoy-Copy.jpg
    More bottle, and some colored nipples xD (never seen those before)
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/oreo_ana/newbottow2-Copy.jpg

I also stocked up on latex bottle nipples.. because im not a huge fan of silicone, even though every now and then ill use silicone.

I just know latex is gonna disappear >.<

1990 or 89 (not sure) paci- http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/oreo_ana/vy5gfd.jpg This paci I got a long time ago

SOOO, what are your favorite *old* baby products?
    What attracts you to them?
    Or do you like the newer products better?

Are there certain comercials or a certain aspect(lots of people mention liking the prints on diapers in the 90's more than the diapers now)

For me, I miss when bottles were latex mostly, and when bottles had cute prints on them..if you go to Babies R Us now, theres like..no prints on the baby bottles, its not as cute! I just miss the cutesy stuff

I know. I was searching all over for cute printed baby bottles and they're so hard to find!

I can find sippers with pictures just fine, but not bottles. It's like all of a sudden everything has to be 'modern and clean'. I miss seeing cute little designs on the bottles to be honest.

That glass bottles is adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    I know. I was searching all over for cute printed baby bottles and they're so hard to find!

I can find sippers with pictures just fine, but not bottles. It's like all of a sudden everything has to be 'modern and clean'. I miss seeing cute little designs on the bottles to be honest.

That glass bottles is adorable!

I know its rediculous. Theres not even like...a teddy bear on the bottles anymore. I even remember when I was two years old..staring at the little prints on my bottle...it actually even soothed me. I mean..now its just. so plain -_-..

even some diaper bags are plain...they are plain white or brown or navy blue. Before they were pastel colors with bears or little bottles and rattle prints.

:\ I dont like modernity...too much.

And the new products like diaper bags have tags that say things like...not for carrying children...

I remember when I was a kid the bottles were cute and glass not plastic...and high chairs were metal and built like a sherman tank...

Off topic...but does anyone know when the car seat was invented or started to be used...I know when I was a kid I didn't have one...

I just has to put one in my BMW for gf little one...they are not easy to install at all....really it was like rocket science...lots or straps and options to install...way to complicated...

B

Awwww, now i wanna go check out some thrift stores for this kind of thing

Yeah sometimes for printed/cute baby products you have to go hunting. I was tempted to buy the whole baby section of the store, because he also had diaper bags from the 1990's REALLY AWESOMELY CUTE. and it came with a rattle too...but I was like ok..*calm down shopoholic*

He has baby diapers there from the 80's 90's too!.
    ALSO theres a site that CLAIMS to have an *adult sized bottle* with a nuk5 nipple..now..im not sure if this is true but anyway..its printed bottle.....so heres the link
    Cuddlz ABDL Adult Nappy Diapers Store

as for the carseat bigbabyberet...I have no clue sorry

also if you liek printed baby bottles, and dont feel like searching thrift stores..or stores that dont renew stock lol

This site has printed baby bottles still...they are for babies though..chronological babies hehee: http://www.babyking.com/baby-king/51-1/Bottles.html

I love the glass bottle. Ive never drank from a glass bottle ..I will try it tonight

I'm actually more a fan of the modern bottle designs, for example:

The stuff you got is cute, I will admit (gotta love stores with old stock), but... I guess it's a little too cutesy for my taste. Go figure--it seems like it would make more sense to like the style from when one was a chronological baby. Although, I remember being a little bit older (maybe 5), looking at the graphic designs on baby stuff, and not really liking the cutesy figures and (mostly) pastel colors. I was more a fan of vibrant colors; I do like prints, but I like them to be more modern in design (like these: Bumkins waterproof superbib for babies and toddlers). Anyhow, congrats on the find .

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    Awwww, now i wanna go check out some thrift stores for this kind of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    I'm actually more a fan of the modern bottle designs, for example:

The stuff you got is cute, I will admit (gotta love stores with old stock), but... I guess it's a little too cutesy for my taste. Go figure--it seems like it would make more sense to like the style from when one was a chronological baby. Although, I remember being a little bit older (maybe 5), looking at the graphic designs on baby stuff, and not really liking the cutesy figures and (mostly) pastel colors. I was more a fan of vibrant colors; I do like prints, but I like them to be more modern in design (like these: Bumkins waterproof superbib for babies and toddlers). Anyhow, congrats on the find .

actually ..those are pretty darn cute!. They are colorful =D

We had an early car seat and it was a death trap. It had two metal tubing hooks that went over the front seat. Nothing attached or buckled and belted. There was a tray in front that had a plastic steering wheel. Fortunately I was a good driver and never got into an accident.