Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screamo?!

Default Screamo?!

I'm curious to see if anyone else likes Screamo on these forums...

If you do not know what Screamo is, then let me explain it for you. It is a music genre similar to punk and death metal.

People have many misconceptions about Screamo. Things like all of the lyrics are mainly about death and whiney Emo things.

But the truth is Screamo bands write more original lyrics than the bands they play on the radio these days.

Some Screamo bands write about Greek mythology! Not about love/money/cars/boobs/breakups or all of that unoriginal crap. Heck the 1st example... That song is about halo 2!!!

Other misconception people have about is that they think Screamo is satanic. Or as the momma from The Waterboy would say "Screamo is the devil!" haha Waterboy reference!

:1000 cool points added:

Anyways there are Christian Screamo bands out there like The Devil Wears Prada and their lyrics are bible based...

Here are some examples of Screamo songs

Escape the Fate- The Guillotine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm0hG1Afe_A

The Devil Wears Prada-Big Wiggly Style
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshsgfpHTbg

Alesana-Ambrosia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fVGNDdAeig

If you like Screamo post any other bands you may like... Or gimme your opinion on Screamo..
    Do you think it's good or just plain awful?!

no, i enjoy music where i can understand and hear the lyrics

I do like the Devil Wears Prada, and As I lay Dying(I don't consider them screamo but most of the people I know do.)

I used to be into screamo a bit (more hard rock), but recently I've lost interest... *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by DependsSuk View Post
    I'm curious to see if anyone else likes Screamo on these forums...
    Oh boy do they

But the truth is Screamo bands write more original lyrics than the bands they play on the radio these days.
    So does everyone, apparently!

Some Screamo bands write about Greek mythology! Not about love/money/cars/boobs/breakups or all of that unoriginal crap. Heck the 1st example... That song is about halo 2!!!
    Okay

YouTube - Escape The Fate ::: The Guillotine (Lyrics)

If you like Screamo post any other bands you may like... Or gimme your opinion on Screamo..
    Do you think it's good or just plain awful?!
    Lyrics: A JA LA BADA BUT DA GUM
    GUSH GRUSH GOO GRUH DUH LUH BUH GUUUUUUH
    JA WE WILL FIGHT BA NE REH JUH
    BWEE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Ok, well that's not very nice. But seriously, if used very seldom I can accept that sort of thing, but I don't understand how people can stand it for every song on every album. It just seems like they're trying too hard to be HXC. Adding someone with strep throat in the background to separate yourself from the a different genre - even if the lyrics aren't the same - seems sillay.

Some of it is alright but I'm more into industrial, punk, and Alt rock.

I understand people like the music they like, no need to be a dick to others because you don't like their music.

BTW AFI isn't screamo it was punk then goth then glam and now it's alternative.
    Davey havok writes some very poetic stuff as well as chaotic ramblings.

I am mainly a female fronted symphonic metal fan (Nightwish, Within Temptation) but there are some females that can scream just as good, if not better, than some of the guys can. I enjoy some songs by Arch Enemy, In This Moment, The Agonist, and even Iwrestledabearonce (I get a kick out of "Tastes Like Kevin Bacon"). If I find out that it's a male vocalist screaming his head off, I usually roll my eyes because male screamo vocalists all sound the same to me. However, I do enjoy some songs by Bullet for My Valentine, All That Remains (from their "Fall of Ideals" album only; he doesn't scream as much on the newer albums), and a couple songs from Killswitch Engage ("My Curse" and "The End of Heartache"). I dunno, I'm just gender biased. I love my females.

@Point Blach

Actually the first verse in that song by Escape the Fate is all screaming but the lyrics are

The battled starts adversaries
    We bathe in our blood
    The worst is yet to come
    We've reached the covenant
    To kill what we have started
    Kill the machines
    We've spawned to fight in the darkest hour

Just thought I would let ya know...

I completely agree bomb!
    There are some very talented female screamers out there

But I disagree on the statement all male screamers sound alike
    Because Austin Carlile from Of mice and men has an extremely recognizable scream!

But Dennis lee from alesana has that kind of pure raw scream
    Which most bands try to imitate...
    But I still enjoy it very much..