Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How not to apply a diaper

Default How not to apply a diaper

If you put on a diaper as half ass as they show in this how to video, it is no wonder why people have issues with leaks

From the US supplier of Molicare diapers
    Incontinence Application Videos | Medline Industries, Inc.

Luckily I can apply my own diaper, as I don't think the person applying it would be as meticulous as I am!

Right there with you. :/ I trust myself over anyone else diapering me.

My mommy does a good job. Sometimes I have to go and tighten it just a bit more.

Ok judging by the fact that nothing jumped out at me I think I was correct in my guess that I am bad at using tape diapers. Anyone wanna give me some pointers?

How loose. Haha good thing we can diaper ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    Ok judging by the fact that nothing jumped out at me I think I was correct in my guess that I am bad at using tape diapers. Anyone wanna give me some pointers?
    make sure the leg elastic is pulled up to the fold were your leg attaches to your body, and that it folds over following the contour. You wouldn't want the outer plastic actually touching your legs/skin.
    Make sure it is pulled up snug, and make sure the bottom tapes pulls the front of the diaper tight, not just tight around the legs. If it is only tight around the legs and loose in the front, your doing it wrong.
    When you apply to top tapes, dont go straight across the top of the diaper, as that would cause it to really sag and leak. Instead, point the tapes with a downward slant, holding the diaper up.
    If your putting on the diaper standing up, place the back of the diaper between you and a wall inorder to hold it while you tape the front (using a closed door instead of a wall works really well)

I always put mine on standing against a door, and pull on the top corners to get the leg guards tight, and pulled up tight before I place the top tapes, then the bottom ones usually fall in place to make it tight across the front

I didn't see much wrong with it either to be honest. I'd maybe do the tapes up a little tighter myself but I'm pretty active, not so important for a bedridden patient or someone with limited mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    Bottom tapes first, and work up from there is the most basic step that I follow. Then just make sure it seems snug when you pull over to do the top tapes. I've never had any problems with leaks, just maybe tightness in the leg elastics.

Also, remember that the top tapes always go on better then the bottoms.