Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Alright, time to get that introduction thing out of the way.

To start, I work in the field of data and telecommunications networking. I am currently going to school in pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree in Science for Information Technology with a focus on internetworking technologies. So basically, knowing how networks work.

What brought me here was the knowledge base for *B/DL's specifically. I have come here a couple times looking to see what the community thought was good, bad, or ugly. Thought I could put my 2 cents in, and also have a couple questions. I consider myself to be a DL and a babyfur.

Some of my personal hobbies/interest are playing the piano, putting together jigsaw puzzles, model railroading, photographing trains, and shooting. I carry an M4 as part of my job, and will be getting a .45 in the next couple months. I've been playing the piano for more years then I'd like to count (15 maybe?).

Some things I hope to get from this site is the general insight and consensus from the community here, and it helps to pass the time. What are your questions?

Welcome to ADISC!

I feel like a complete opposite in the field in a sense... you work on keeping the internet going, while I'm one putting the junk up there. I'm a full time web-developer at the moment. ^_^

I would ask about why you need to carry a weapon on you while doing telecommunication, but then I might get killed. Sounds all secret service-y, and telecommunication is just a cover for international espionage. XD My family is pretty familiar with guns, being the son in a USMC family as well as my oldest brother is a collector, what type of firearm do you prefer and what's your favorite? Me, having fired and my brother owns one, a AK-47 is a nice and reliable weapon (if the world goes to hell, I'm keeping the AK), but however, I love the appeal of a Colt revolver though. It's got a nice iconic imagery to it, and its an easy weapon to maintain from what I heard.

And it looks like you love trains... I never been on one, but wonder if you have, and is it worth the experience?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyHeart View Post
    Welcome to ADISC!

I feel like a complete opposite in the field in a sense... you work on keeping the internet going, while I'm one putting the junk up there. I'm a full time web-developer at the moment. ^_^

I would ask about why you need to carry a weapon on you while doing telecommunication, but then I might get killed. Sounds all secret service-y, and telecommunication is just a cover for international espionage. XD My family is pretty familiar with guns, being the son in a USMC family as well as my oldest brother is a collector, what type of firearm do you prefer and what's your favorite? Me, having fired and my brother owns one, a AK-47 is a nice and reliable weapon (if the world goes to hell, I'm keeping the AK), but however, I love the appeal of a Colt revolver though. It's got a nice iconic imagery to it, and its an easy weapon to maintain from what I heard.

And it looks like you love trains... I never been on one, but wonder if you have, and is it worth the experience?
    Well, my work requires me to carry a weapon. My job is networking though. I really haven't shot a whole lot of weapons, just my M4 and a couple pistols. I really like shooting the M4. The 5.56 NATO or .223 is a fun round to shoot. The .45 I'm getting is a custom from Para-USA.

Trains. When it comes to trains I'm what's called a "rail fan". That means I enjoy sitting in a parking lot all day watching trains to by, just so I can snap that perfect shot. As for riding trains, I think it's fun. Took the Amtrak to Chicago once. It was worth it. I think better than flying. I mean, you may not get there as quick, but the ride is worth it. It's a smooth ride. Also, most offer great service. I hope that answers your question.