Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not going to be a stranger anymore!

Red face I'm not going to be a stranger anymore!

Greetings to all the members of ADISC,

I've been watching the forums here as guest for a few months now, and now it's my turn to join in and be part of the community.

I am your stereo-typical nerd/geek, if it's tech related I am all over it as long as it's not an Apple product, I just really don't like Steve Jobs. Sorry all of you who have iProducts, I'm a Microsoft fan. I'm currently in school to get a degree in Network Administration/Analysis. So if you need help with your home network I can throw a few ideas your way, but I won't make any promises on getting your problem fixed, it's technology after all sometimes it just doesn't work.

My interests are vast and I can get behind most things. I love 80's and 90's music, and most current music aside from rap and country. Television wise: I've watched every episode of Star Trek ever! I love me some good SciFi and CSI's. Game wise I love non-WoW MMO's or try to (money allowing)... I have played City of Heroes for 5 years. Other genre's I like are RPG's, RTS, TBS, and any original FPS or 3rd person shooter; So I rarely play any of the major popular titles, just the quality ones .

I've been a DL for as long as I can remember, so I know the difficulties of having that secret all thru the teen years. I just days ago shared my secret with my fiancée, and for such a different lifestyle choice, she took it better then I could have ever expected. We are still talking about it as I try to help her better understand my preference of diapers over more conventional undergarments. But she's not freaking out about it and even more important not leaving me. I couldn't love her more for her willingness to understand me better, and I'm happy to be patient while she tries. But I now have completely open communication with her, and I don't think anything could be more rewarding then sharing my last secret with her.

And as a personal message to anyone who hasn't told a significant other, sooner is better then later, but immediately on the start of a relationship will probably end the relationship. I waited 8 years, which was far too long, and I should have shared my secret before I proposed, but I got lucky I guess.

Any who, I'm glad finally to join everyone on ADISC, and looking forward to learning from other people's experience now that I am more free to be myself.

-Amaranth

tl;dr: Sup, and I'm apparently long-winded compared to other people intro's.
    Last edited by Amaranth; 28-Dec-2010 at 10:57. Reason: edited to change sig due to name change

Welcome to the forum! Your intro was well written and informative, something everyone likes to see.

I'm kinda the same when it comes to Apple stuff, I'm not a hater, I just think it's overrated. Good to have more geeky people on here who know about tech stuff, gaming and love star trek, you are definitely not alone in those departments. ;D I'm curious, what RTS, FPS and 3rd person shooters do you play? I have too many favorite games that come to mind but a few 3rd person shooters I like are Splinter Cell, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed, all classics.

Also, glad to hear the good news about your fiancée, telling someone is really tough and being accepted even more so, you are a very lucky person, congrats!
    Last edited by FlyinTyiger; 28-Dec-2010 at 10:29. Reason: spelling

Thank you for your warm welcome FlyinTyiger,

I just started playing Mass Effect I picked it and it's sequel up on steam the other day when they were $10 a piece. And I am greatly enjoying it so far. RTS wise I am a strong follower of blizzard, but was disappointing in the multiplayer in SC2. My favorite RTS has to be Total Annihilation though, it's just perfect in every way.

Shooter wise, I like the older shooters of the 90's and early 2000's better then these new military shooter clones, SO... anything by id, Big fan of the Unreals, but I don't own them... Borderlands was a blast and I wish I could afford the DLC's because more Borderlands = more fun. Also from the 30% of Just Cause 2 that I've played I loved that too but I realized I needed a xbox 360 controller to be able to control planes in that game so I set it aside for now.

Just as a heads up I'll probably be changing my username within the next few days, just one of those things that takes forever to come up with something I really want to be called, yah know?

edit: There changed my name to something better in my opinion.
    Last edited by Amaranth; 28-Dec-2010 at 10:59.

Excellent intro, Amaranth! Welcome to ADISC.

And as a personal message to anyone who hasn't told a significant other, sooner is better then later, but immediately on the start of a relationship will probably end the relationship. I waited 8 years, which was far too long, and I should have shared my secret before I proposed, but I got lucky I guess.

Great advice regarding disclosure to your significant others, in my book that already makes you a significant ADISC contributor! This is the heart of our support community. I'm looking forward to your future contributions to the site. Glad to hear that sharing your secret with your life partner went so well for you, even after 8 years.

I'm fairly tech disabled (Most of the 13-14 yo here can outdo me on computer matters, hands down). I am certainly not going to get into any pissing matches with you over Mac/PC debates. I run a G5 Mac because I prefer the format and capabilities for use in music production.

Enjoy your time here and welcome again.

Welcome. I know what it's like to be looking in from the outside of this community and even after I made an account I didn't post much for awhile after my introduction. You've probably read somewhere by now that this is first and foremost a support group and in my opinion it is by far the best one out there when it comes to AB/TB/DL/etc ones. The members are all really mature and polite for the most part which is a rarity for me when posting on forums.

Great intro...

I'm a Microsoft hater...but still use it quite a bit...but all my servers are either custom os or centos Linux.

I'm a geek too...even thought I try to not admit it...

I'm also in Minnesota..north of the cities ... Anyhow I'm currently typing on my iPad....but that is just because it fits a need here at my house...I'm 100% automated here and the iPads are my remote controls and I use for surfing from time to time as well...my main systems are microsoft windows 7 for desktop and laptops..

I've been a network engineer and consultant for well too many years now to even think about it...

Pm me if you ever have a question...don't want to bore the whole group with terabyte talk...

B

Thanks for saying Hi Diapered Rabbit, Couritou, and Bigbabybret; It's always nice being acknowledged. And Bret, looks like we have more then just a handful of things in common.

OmegaOne

Welcome to ADISC! I'm the same in my dislike for apple products like the overpriced and overrated iPod range, with the exception of the touch, which I really like. I can't stand Mac OS either.
    OmegaOne

EmLamby

Good intro! Welcome to ADISC. Most everyone is nice here~ Here's hoping you feel welcomed! *gives hot chocolate and a warm blanket*

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaOne View Post
    Welcome to ADISC! I'm the same in my dislike for apple products like the overpriced and overrated iPod range, with the exception of the touch, which I really like. I can't stand Mac OS either.
    OmegaOne
    My first laptop was a Mac and I was so use to Windows it was a painful 6 months of being stuck on one. I couldn't do anything. =(