Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snowflakes landing on the morning grass... (Introductory Post)

Default Snowflakes landing on the morning grass... (Introductory Post)

Hihihi! I'm new here, call me Bunny!

A friend told me that I had a lot in common with bunnies, like burrowing up in places and acting timid. The name stuck, so that's what close friends call me. I love animals in general too, and enjoy reading about them all the time. ^^

At work I design video games, usually for portable devices like phones. I love being creative, and also keep lots of art and music supplies at home. I also like learning new languages, and find it interesting to learn about how each one is unique and special.

My favorite hobby to do is lucid dreaming. I have as many favorite friends and places in my dreams as waking life, and I love to visit them all. If I'm not around, I'm probably dreaming. ^^

Other than that I'm also a fan of anime, manga, light novels, adventure games, and anything like that!

I see the most ideal version of myself as someone young and little. The age varies from infant to about five years old, but I would be happy staying that way forever, like some fantasy characters do. Imagining it makes me feel comfy, happy, and just right.

Sadly I'm really shy about it, even when alone. ;_; I've never used online-order diaper brands and I don't have nice soft baby clothes, but I'd love to have the courage to try them. My biggest goal is to be more shameless and come out of my shell, hihihi.

Hope to get to know you all better, and hope to also make some friends! Have a happy holiday, and please also have a nice day!

Welcome to ADISC Bunny from another Rabbit! (There are quite a few of us on here). Great intro. You'll find a lot of creative artistic types (artists and musician) in the community, so you should feel right at home.

I'm on the other end of the age continuum here; I'm retired (teaching and counseling) and build and play multiple instruments.

Welcome to our support community - looking forward to your contributions to the site.

welcome, curious (as someone with little programing knowledge) what d oyou feel is a major difference in programming games for a phone compared to say a computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered Rabbit View Post
    Welcome to ADISC Bunny from another Rabbit! (There are quite a few of us on here).
    Hihihi, I noticed! There seem to be many bunnies and rabbits. Glad for the company!

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered Rabbit View Post
    I'm on the other end of the age continuum here; I'm retired (teaching and counseling) and build and play multiple instruments.
    Ooo, you build them? That sounds like fun. What kinds?

A friend of mine got a custom-made viol once. It was expensive, but it had beautiful patterns etched into it and looked really special. I might be able to build an electronic one that way, but an acoustic one sounds really daunting.

My mom worked as a teacher for as long as I can remember. By coincidence she always wound up teaching at the school I was at, which was neat sometimes. I had to stay until evening some days when she was working on lesson plans, but I learned more from that than the actual classes I think.

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to bringing cheer to everyone, if I can!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    welcome, curious (as someone with little programing knowledge) what do you feel is a major difference in programming games for a phone compared to say a computer?
    Actually, there are some big differences! For PC, you can choose what programming language to write something in (PCs usually have many), what OS to make it for (like Mac or Windows), and how to sell it (online or at the store).

You can also pick if you want it to be for new machines only, with lots of pretty graphics, or you can tone it down and make sure it runs on old ones too. You can pick if it's for keyboard, mouse, or game pad. You have many, many choices.

On phones (and many video game systems), there is none of this. Usually only one programing language, only one way to sell what you make, only one way to control the game (like number pad or touch screen), and graphics capabilities are always the same.

Instead of picking what you want to do, you have to fit the mold the phone/game company has created for you. There's a lot less choices and freedom, but on the bright side, you also don't have to worry about system requirements and things like that. Usually you can just make your game and feel sure it will run.

Hope this helps, and thank you for the welcome!
    Last edited by Trevor; 27-Dec-2010 at 04:59. Reason: merging posts.

Ohhh I envy you you lucid dreamer... I've tried but can't seem to do it, even when I try a lot of the tricks.

Wow bunny u can lucid dream that's awesome!! I wish i could. Oh well I still have my diapers!!

I used to lucid dream, it was extremely entertaining. I would enter that space between falling asleep and being asleep, when dreaming was a "removed" process, like watching a movie you have no control over; during lucid dreaming though I could partially direct, and even got the handle of "rewinding" if I didn't like the direction the dream was taking. (For some reason I felt I had to "stop, rewind, stop, and start on the next "take" in the new direction, instead of simply making a "jump-cut."

Great intro indeed; I will stay tuned to this channel...

Oh yeAH, we do indeed have many great bunnies of note; glad to see you swell their ranks...

Quote Originally Posted by Huddles View Post
    I've tried but can't seem to do it, even when I try a lot of the tricks.
    Ahhh, that's sad to hear ;_; Sometimes when someone says that, I try to help them if I think I can. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes not, but it's always worth a try. Did you know of the different methods for getting into lucid dreams? Some of them use very different states of consciousness, so one might work where another doesn't.

I wouldn't be able to do the DILD type (falling asleep, dreaming, and realizing you are dreaming) no matter how hard I tried. But WILD, which is more like "meditating until you fall asleep", was easier to learn. Since you're controlling it yourself consciously instead of leaving it to chance, you're less likely to fail. Even if you do, you'll probably learn something useful for the next time.

By the way, your quote made me happy. ^^ Yay, a Doctor!

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    I used to lucid dream, it was extremely entertaining. I would enter that space between falling asleep and being asleep, when dreaming was a "removed" process, like watching a movie you have no control over
    Oh, neat! Someone else I know likes doing that one, too. What kind of things did you dream about, if it's okay to ask? Some people dream of very distant fantasies, others dream of their own lives, or something else entirely. It's always nice to me to hear what they find interesting