Thread: Losing a day

Default Losing a day

Don't you hate it when you lose a day? It happens to me around the holidays usually when there is a lot of time off and nothing reeally scheduled to do.

I am supposed to fly to Colorado on Friday, and for some reason I kept thinking yesterday was Wednesday all day. I guess it is kind of cool that I, in all actuality, "gained" a day, but I was really looking forward to leaving and getting up to the cold weather (it was 82F here yesterday!)

Any thoughts on this?

Butterfly Mage

I used to lose time quite frequently when my dissociative disorder was less controlled. I think I've only had one "missing day" in the past three years. Yay! But it's an eerie thing to suddenly become aware and have no idea what has transpired for the past several hours. In a previous job -- when I had to drive out of state on business a lot -- I would lose time when driving and suddenly realize 2-3 hours had passed and I had no idea where I was or how I got there. It was before the advent of the GPS too. It was actually one of the reasons I changed careers so that I could work just in Baltimore.

I had this in reverse. And... Accidentally forgot to go to school one day. I only figured out that it was Monday rather than Sunday was kinda when my mom came into my room with the biggest WTF look on her face anybody could posture... God you shoulda seen how fast I ran XD
    (to school i mean... Not from my mom... Although I did that anyway )

Lol^

I have this happen to me alot. One instance when I was young, I remember being very sick and just getting into the rocket HQ in Pokemon red ((Nerd)) and I took a nap. When I got up I swore to everyone that it was the next day, and no one could convince me otherwise.

But I suppose this is actually nothing like what you're talking about, and just me being a kid. :|

EmLamby

Quote Originally Posted by closet dl View Post
    Don't you hate it when you lose a day? It happens to me around the holidays usually when there is a lot of time off and nothing reeally scheduled to do.

I am supposed to fly to Colorado on Friday, and for some reason I kept thinking yesterday was Wednesday all day. I guess it is kind of cool that I, in all actuality, "gained" a day, but I was really looking forward to leaving and getting up to the cold weather (it was 82F here yesterday!)

Any thoughts on this?
    My gosh yes... I feel like I'm wasting my whole vacation because I literally have nothing to do... all... freakin... day.

On days like that I like to play video games or read a book, but considering those are normal days in my case.. yeah. <_>

Also there's rarely anything good on TV during daytime hours even on the weekends to save for sports.

Peachy

I've been losing hours to the snow and traffic chaos here, so I welcome any free time where I don't have to sit for hours in delayed trains or shovel snow.

Finally the snow is melting in Northern Germany. The end of the ice period!