Thread: So the Abena M4's came in last night...

Default So the Abena M4's came in last night...

I tried one on this morning for the heck of it, and WOW. There really is no comparison to those infernal Depend Max. I feel like I'm sitting on a pillow right now.

I'm not fond of the tapes - although perhaps I'm doing something wrong there - the ends of the tapes have no glue on them and, as a result, they're slipping out of place when I shift.

Other than that, and readjusting to being forcibly bowl-legged again for the first time in 30-odd years, these were definitely worth the premium. Thanks for the tip! Can't wait to get the wifey into one tonight!

darn it all.. that darn reply to thread button.. i type in the box then hit it instead of post quick reply.. and away goes my writing... will try again...

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    Can't wait to get the wifey into one tonight!
    That made me giggle!

abena M4's are wonderful, and big as you have discovered. the only bigger one i have so-far tried is Dry 24/7, so you would probably like those as well (haven't got my bambinos yet, so cant comment on those)..

as for the tapes, haven't run into any issues myself. currently sitting in an M3 (my usual daily wear diaper, when i wear), and the tapes hold quite securly. Usually i give them a good little rub once i am happy with the placment, which seems to help set the glue.
    if the problem is your clothes are 'peeling' the tapes, you could try just using the white tapes (remove the blue ones all together), but then of course, you will only be able to apply once, and no taking it off again without destroying the diaper (not that that is generally required)..

in any case, have fun!

Yeah, same experience after wearing crappy Depends for so long...

My problem with the tapes is actually the opposite, even the blue part of it, once they are on, even just a slight touch, they do NOT move again, ever, without completely destroying the diaper.

M-4s are my all time currently available faverite. Rub the tapes a few times so they warm up a bit. You'll rip the plastic backing before they part again.

I can't help but feel that "Abena M4" sounds like some sort of gun. That or a sponsored motorway.

Wow. So, I did something last night that I rarely, rarely, rarely ever do. Normally I just wear for fun, but the diaper was already on...and I had to pee, and I'd taken off the blue tapes because I was feeling a bit more babyish (usually I feel more on the DL side of things) so I couldn't take it off and back on...so, I wet my diaper. I was able to go to bed in a wet diaper because my skin felt dry. Never was able to do that with Depends.

Woke up a bit too early this morning, was able to wet again. No leaks, and my skin still feels reasonably dry. I can see why incontinent people love these.

Understand this is a pretty big step for me, I grew up wetting the bed until about age 15, and I hated every last second of it, so there's some severe negative mental stigma that has prevented me from doing this before. I can't help but wonder if I was wearing these diapers if I'd mind so much. I wore Depends, and woke up to wet pajamas and wet sheets every single morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewNo2 View Post
    I can't help but feel that "Abena M4" sounds like some sort of gun. That or a sponsored motorway.
    You are quite right, that is exactly what I was thinking too and there is an assault rifle called the M4 carbine actually or M4 for short, I should know, I own an M4 carbine paintball marker lol. I wonder... did or will they make a "C4 Abena"? lmao

But all jokes aside, these sound like something I must try when I get the chance, it's on my list now.
    Last edited by FlyinTyiger; 22-Dec-2010 at 09:54.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinTyiger View Post
    You are quite right, that is exactly what I was thinking too and there is an assault rifle called the M4 carbine actually or M4 for short, I should know, I own an M4 carbine paintball marker lol. I wonder... did or will they make a "C4 Abena"? lmao

But all jokes aside, these sound like something I must try when I get the chance, it's on my list now.
    No C4, but they do have an L4.

All they're doing is applying a straightforward numbering convention to their product line:

Plus = 1
    Super = 2
    Extra = 3
    X-Plus = 4

Size is the letter component - S, M, L, though they don't use this system on the XL.