Thread: Hi everyone

Default Hi everyone

I'm a DL in my 50s who has secretly been wearing diapers on occasion for the last 15 years or so. I am a volunteer fire fighter, volunteer EMT and currently looking for work.

I worked for a major corporation for more than 23 years before being laid off permanently and have worked at a number of odd jobs since then. The opportunity to enjoy being diapered was done mainly at work and for no other reason other than the secure feeling and ability to not have to interrupt what I was doing.

I've been working with and programming computers since 1978, yes ... before the Internet existed and personal computers had not even been considered, and enjoy the challenges of technology in general.

I'm here to talk with and share experiences with other like minded people. There are a lot more of us out there than people realize but it isn't something one goes shouting from the rooftop so to speak.

Hey there, welcome to ADISC! Great intro!

What sorts of hobbies and interests do you have, or do you not have time for any with all your volunteering work?

Always nice to have older members out here. Some wisdom for us teens/twenty-something to chew on ^^.

As a CS student, its also always nice to talk to those that have been in the IT industry for a long time. Things change a lot, for sure, but there is always things to learn from the people that have been at it for a long time, hear how things used to be and how they adapted to changes (it also always makes me happy that I avoided punch cards...).

Anyway, I hope to see you around.

Rathernotsay-

I like the name you picked. Would have picked it myself if I'd been clever enough. (Wasn't even going to read the thread, but wanted to see what Rathernotsay had to say.) Thanks for posting, and welcome. At a minimum, I am sure you'll benefit from being able to see first hand how many like-minded folks are out there, and from hearing their success stories or encouragement. I sure have.

I don't post much these days, but hope to see you around the forum.

Again, welcome, and we look forward to your thoughts & input.

-PostTenebrasLux

Welcome to ADISC Rathernotsay,

Another oldie here. Like PostT, I was intrigued by your user name; I was just hoping I wasn't going to read " I was blocked from further access the forums and am forced to write an intro...but i'd rather not say anything" (Actually read a greeting like that in the last couple of weeks).

We are a support community that really differs from other *B/DL sites, as we serve 13+year olds and up. Originally (Prior to ADISC this was TBDL and served teens exclusively, so we (Adults) are actually the guests here although numerous adult members here started in their teens on TBDL.

Looking forward to getting to know more about you and reading your posts in the future. Welcome again.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    What sorts of hobbies and interests do you have, or do you not have time for any with all your volunteering work?
    Well programming and computer "stuff" in general is pretty much a hobby at the moment. The volunteer work does take up a LOT of time and at this time of year I may get to see my family only 1 or 2 nights a week (which is OK and my wife is cool with it).

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Always nice to have older members out here.
    Old is a state of mind and in my mind I'm in my mid 20s

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    As a CS student, its also always nice to talk to those that have been in the IT industry for a long time. Things change a lot, for sure, but there is always things to learn from the people that have been at it for a long time, hear how things used to be and how they adapted to changes (it also always makes me happy that I avoided punch cards...).
    I actually started my career fixing key punch machines before discovering that software was a lot more interesting and challenging. I'm not the most mechanical person in the world so it was a logical choice. The computer industry has changed quite a bit since 1978 to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered Rabbit View Post
    Another oldie here. Like PostT, I was intrigued by your user name; I was just hoping I wasn't going to read " I was blocked from further access the forums and am forced to write an intro...but i'd rather not say anything"
    I can't afford to have anyone know who I am or that I enjoy being an occasional DL so I picked a name that wouldn't give anything away I've actually been using it as my last name several other places for more than a decade (I've had one of my many e-mail addresses for over 12 years now).
    Last edited by Trevor; 21-Dec-2010 at 16:26. Reason: merging posts.