Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Further Confusion

ToasterKitten

Default Further Confusion

Looks like the other Further Confusion thread got closed? I didn't pick out a reason why but I'm sure they have their reasons. I don't want to break any rules and I know asking to meet people is against them, but I would hope it's okay just to be curious who will be going to Further Confusion 2011? This one will be my first one and I don't know anyone who's going and my room host appears to be babyfur friendly, though not one himself. I hear most of the fun is to be had if you do actually know other babyfurs attending as I guess a lot of the cub activities are kept kinda quiet and are by invitation only. It's pretty hard to make any sort of connections here when we're not allowed to contact one another though. :\
    Last edited by ToasterKitten; 20-Dec-2010 at 16:15.

For most cons excluding Midwest Furfest and Anthrocon, you won't really see any babyfur related activities in the open. MFF has the milk and cookies panel, whilst AC has the cub cub. As for FC, I live 40 minutes away so I may attend, but most babyfur activities at cons are going to usually be enjoyed in hotel rooms and parties that are babyfur friendly, or if you are attending/know other babyfurs.

Con wise, your first con is always going to be pretty awkward at first, then you'll love it. The only bad part is the post con depression afterwards XD. FC is the second largest con next to AC, and averages 2.5k+ attendees a year, and with an aussie theme, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. As for babyfur activities, best to keep it in the hotel room and stuff since most people look down on it in public at a pretty frightening level.

There is the Cub hub that someone runs sometimes at the con I will have to look in my bookmarks to find it but it is open to all. Someone will probably post about it before the con.

But i think you should enjoy the con first before looking around for cubby things witch is just in someones room. There lots to do and see since this is your first con .

ToasterKitten

I found that site but it doesn't look like it has been updated since AC. I'll be there Thursday through Monday so I'll have plenty of time for it all methinks.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterKitten View Post
    Looks like the other Further Confusion thread got closed? I didn't pick out a reason why but I'm sure they have their reasons.
    Threads get closed automatically after 2 months of inactivity. You can always request a thread to be reopened if you have a reason. Just use the Requests forum

Ya they don't update that site until a week or the first day of the con when they can confirm what room they have.

I'll be attending FC. I was thinking of maybe doing a babyfur-friendly pajama party if someone else hasn't already beat me to the punch.

ToasterKitten

Quote Originally Posted by Ashland View Post
    I'll be attending FC. I was thinking of maybe doing a babyfur-friendly pajama party if someone else hasn't already beat me to the punch.
    That would be awesome! I've heard there are various babyfur parties and cub rooms, but of all the mentions of "there might be" by everyone, I have yet to find any actual details. :P

If ya wanna chat me up regarding FC, here's my contact infos:
    [no contact info on the public forum - Peachy]

I also have an FC, RUPadded and DiaperSpace profile you can lookup as well.
    Last edited by Peachy; 26-Dec-2010 at 17:35. Reason: removing contact info

the mentions of "there might be" by everyone, I have yet to find any actual details.
    You'd likely have to find the loop of people that you know that might going and find out if there is a private thing going on. There are tons of other people to meet at cons. I actually went with non-babyfurs, had an absolute blast, and met a lot of people that I'm sure were all over the spectrum as to their particular interests. I didn't get into that with most but there's a million other geeky things to talk about as well. I did ask around the bfs I know prior to the con and nobody I really knew was going, next time I know of a few better places to ask but ultimately it really didn't mess up the weekend or anything. It was still totally worth it regardless.

I didn't really flaunt babyfur at all but nobody was really offended by anything I said or did. There were other groups there that brought a bit of negative attention to themselves with costumes that were clearly "over 18" on the main floor of the con. There's a limit to what's okay in the public areas. I would just note that there are actually children there too.

There is a baby fur group on LiveJournal.com they post if there is going to be a cub hub going on at the cons.There is a set of rules on how to act at the cons.
    1 no open pamper wearing out in public or diaper showing if you would not do it at grandmothers house do not do it.
    2 take your diaper out to the dumpster out side dubble bag them to cut down on the smell do not leve a mess for the cleaning staff and tip them well
    3 pooping in public is a no no and looked down on
    There is more but slips my mind the main point is the cubs are trying to be a good part of the fandom and not be banded from the cons they go to.
    Last edited by foxkits; 28-Dec-2010 at 12:27.