Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's a small, small world...

Default It's a small, small world...

I was just wondering how many of you have seen someone you know unexpectedly while you were out of town or something.
    One time we saw our next door neighbors on a ski trip and ended up having lunch with them. And recently over thanksgiving break my friends mom sat next to a lady on the plane who she hired years ago.

Have you ever seen anyone you know while you were out of town?

Yeah we were skiing in colorado and about to go on a popular slope. So we get in the gondala to go up the mountain and who else would be next to us but our neighbor who couldn't room with us because they were staying in another village. To say the least we didn't split the rest of the trip xD. Well not until we had to go to our respective cabins xD
    I have so many of these stories...seeing old Pre-K teachers in a supermarket, seeing my old 5-7th grade PE coach/teacher in a cross country meet (albeit it was right next to my old school, but it was saturday xD)

I saw a friend I hadn't talk to after having a falling out at a store in town. It was weird mainly because they moved away 2 years before, and the town was small and not much reason to be there. Basically it was incredibly odd seeing them there.

I hate bumping into people..because...

Usually it means ..its the day i look like crap. hair not done..wearing sweats and Tshirt...possibly doing laundry. I mean. Its just never a win with bumping into people i know. The day before I could have looked like a super model.

BLAH. lol Usually they look great or something and im like * oh uh... hehe...HI* *burry face in laundry*

I hate bumping into people too... for the same reason I don't like going to big family events (I love my family but it's so boring)... sure it's nice to see them but it would be better to have a real conversation instead of talking about the weather. (I HATE talking about the weather.)

My only problem is bumping into people I haven't seen in a long time. Saw cousins etc. lately I hadn't seen in over 4 years, it was umm...a challenge to think of anything to talk about xD. It just felt kind of weird being around people you should know, but can barely remember who the hell they even are :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    My only problem is bumping into people I haven't seen in a long time. Saw cousins etc. lately I hadn't seen in over 4 years, it was umm...a challenge to think of anything to talk about xD. It just felt kind of weird being around people you should know, but can barely remember who the hell they even are :/.
    that is pretty much exactly how i feel....

I hate bumping into people myself. Most of the time I don't even recognize who just approached me and I feel so embarrassed because I have no idea who they are.

I was in New York boarding the 6 train when my friend from school hops on and sits down in the next car( i saw him through the window as I was looking out.
    I went into the car he was in and we talked a bit, had lunch at Wo-hop, and went our seperate ways (I was alone in the city, as was he.) Pretty funny seeing him though.

A few months ago I went on a solo motorcycle ride to Cherokee North Carolina to do some gambling. I got to my hotel and walked up to the counter to check in. Standing in line was my best friend from high school. A few months after we graduated he moved away to go to collage and we lost contact. It ended up he had moved back to Ga and had gotten married and was on his honeymoon. We ended up eating dinner together and I meet his wife. We went our own way and haven't talked since.

I was over 100miles from my house and ran into someone I haven't seen in over 8 years.