Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So close, but just failed

Default So close, but just failed

I went to Goodwill today to scout for items, clothes, or sometimes diapers. I went to where Goodwill keeps the diapers, and got super excited. They had no less than 40 packs of Tena diapers. I picked one up to check the size, and was sad to see it was an XL. I checked the other packs, and they were all XL. Even at $3 a pack they would just not be worth it for me. Usually mediums are a little big on me, so the XL was not going to happen.
    So there are still 40 something packs of Tena diapers on the shelf at goodwill

Anybody else had experience with thinking they were gonna get an awesome diaper deal, only to have it not happen?

YES not necessariy with diapers but Ive had those with other baby items. WHERE I HAVE IT SET IN MY MIND IM GONNA GET SOMETHING and when i get there....its not there .

No worries *this too shall pass* hehe. it sucks!

Well I kinda have a story like that. I went to get a paci a few days ago and i convinced my mom to get me to walgreens. I got excited and when we got there, I told her I would get (besides the thing i said i got there for and what i told her i went there for - school stuff) whatever we needed in and around the house. She told me a few things, but as I was walking off, she said that she might as well help me out. I was devastated. I couldn't get a paci! But after we checked out I told her that i forgot to get something (pretty much, i told her i wanted to grab something for someone) and she said ok, meet me at the car. I got in and got the pacis. XP But i almost got foiled. I got foiled as far as getting a bottle as well. Same story, but I couldn't get the bottle b/c it would be too bulky to hide in my sweatshirt's pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanNibbler View Post
    Well I kinda have a story like that. I went to get a paci a few days ago and i convinced my mom to get me to walgreens. I got excited and when we got there, I told her I would get (besides the thing i said i got there for and what i told her i went there for - school stuff) whatever we needed in and around the house. She told me a few things, but as I was walking off, she said that she might as well help me out. I was devastated. I couldn't get a paci! But after we checked out I told her that i forgot to get something (pretty much, i told her i wanted to grab something for someone) and she said ok, meet me at the car. I got in and got the pacis. XP But i almost got foiled. I got foiled as far as getting a bottle as well. Same story, but I couldn't get the bottle b/c it would be too bulky to hide in my sweatshirt's pouch.
    I failed once. It was pretty funny XD. I went to Hertford (like last year now I live in Stevenage), I went to an aada to get goodnites. I picked a pack up and walked across an isle. stopped in my tracks to see one of my best friends with his mom. I threw the diaper over the isle shelf and into the next isle. Oh my god the funnyest thing in the world when one of the store workers said "WHAT THE..". I laughed my head off. It didnt hit no one so I was lucky XD. (I did not intend for any harm, lucky none done, I prolly gave the store worker a good day, it's not everyday you see a pack of diapers fly past you XD)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyboy135 View Post
    I failed once. It was pretty funny XD. I went to Hertford (like last year now I live in Stevenage), I went to an aada to get goodnites. I picked a pack up and walked across an isle. stopped in my tracks to see one of my best friends with his mom. I threw the diaper over the isle shelf and into the next isle. Oh my god the funnyest thing in the world when one of the store workers said "WHAT THE..". I laughed my head off. It didnt hit no one so I was lucky XD. (I did not intend for any harm, lucky none done, I prolly gave the store worker a good day, it's not everyday you see a pack of diapers fly past you XD)
    LOL! Mysterious flying diapers! I wonder if they've started making them like they do the pads with -wings-? That might explain the flying. ;D

I once saw a couple of kids playing volleyball with one of those small playground balls. They were knocking it back and forth across a shelf with one in one aisle and the other kid in another. It was kind of funny, but they ran off when they saw me.

I had one of those fail moments but not with diapers...I saw the cutest Hello Kitty pullover sweatshirts with hoods that had ears and her big red bow. I wanted one so badly, but even the biggest one wouldn't fit me even though it was an XL which I can usually wear. The sizes must have run really small for them. I couldn't get it past my chest.

This hobby does get expensive. Getting a good deal makes you to totally justify the purchase. But sorry they weren't the size you wanted.

I was at a medical near a place I was taking a class and decided where I was early I would just see what they had for diapers. I scored 4 packs of vitage attends medium for 8 dollars a pack, 2 packs in size Regular and 2 packs of Large all the old plastic classic style 70 dollars well spent. I wish the good wills around here had diapers I have checked no luck so far.

I had no clue Good Will sold diapers, where do they get them from?

My wife was going to buy a pair of shortalls for me on Big Baby Boutique, but the bidding went up to $170.00. I said, don't you dare. We'll wait for another pair. My problem is that I'm relatively thin and 5' 8".

I was just hitting up a Rescue Mission in my home town today. Over thanksgiving break they had tons and tons of unmarked pastel blue diapers, they were very bulky, but cheap looking. Anyway when I was there I was with my girlfriend's family and couldn't buy them then. I however thought it was Saturday, not Sunday today, and they were closed. So I ended up at Walmart splurging on some Goonites and disposable bed liners, which also make very fluffy stuffers.