Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a bit about me and how I found myself here

Default a bit about me and how I found myself here

Hello,

There is not much really to tell about me except that I am 21, live at home with my parents, don't have a girlfriend and am unemployed. The good news is that I have a degree. I am a recent convert to being an AB but I am not sure if that is good or bad news yet. Before my conversion I just had a fetish for the clothing my favourite being my screen name along with feety pj's. However, I suppose within the last year feelings have grown stronger for my AB side and it wasn't too long ago that I bough some diaper's among other stuff. The diapers were a little small and I still have lots left but they are great none the less. I even tried double diapering which I believe some of you? find a bit pointless - which I can understand but the bulkiness is fantastic.

I have felt ashamed of myself ever since I hit puberty and started regularly entertaining my fetish. 8/9 years later and I am almost ready to accept myself. the more I read the more I feel comfortable about accepting the AB I seem to be. To be honest I have avoided chatting girls up because of my fetish I mean how could I expect someone else to understand and accept it, if I can't even do that myself. The negative side to all this means that I feel I have missed out on 'fun relationships' during my teen years and now anything I enter into will probably be heading towards more commitment. Not that this really bothers me but I suppose I am just jealous of those who were more comfortable with themselves during the teenage years.

I don't really want to get too deep as this is just an intro but I felt that it was necessary to give you a summary up till now.

Hey there, Can understand having a degree and unemployed (apparently an AAS means shit :/). What are some of your hobbie/interest/etc. outside of ab/dl/fetishes?

hey, thanks for replying - i didn't mean to go too much into the other side. I suppose I am the same as most, I love reading though it must be a tangible book none of those e-books. You can't beat physically turning the page of a book, not to mention you don't have to turn some device on before you can even read. I suppose I like factual books or reading about real life experiences. I am currently reading Danny Wallace - Friends like these. He is the guy who wrote the book called yes man which was later turned to form the basis of the Jim Carey movie of the same name. I also like music - who doesn't it is difficult to describe a specific genre that I like I just have to take it song by song. I doubt that you would catch me listening to punk/heavy metal but maybe if the right song came along. This was probably a better introduction but I guess now you have both you have a more complete picture.

The first introduction was fine as well, just we like to know more about people outside of the tb/dl type stuff :P. Didn't do anything wrong though so no worries! . Agree on physical books being better, though easier to lose xD. Don't know if you like sports, but Inverting the Pyramid is a great factual book on Football (soccer) tactics throughout the years and how it involved etc.

I use to like football/soccer in that I played it for a while but that interest vanished, I would only watch the world cup now.

Dungarees, don't ever be hard on yourself about this. Diapers are a great thing to like. It's the obsession of anything that'll make anything turn bad.

I am 27, I live with Dad. I have had girlfriends. What is your degree in? Diapers, like anything can be good or bad, it depends on you. Just be aware that not everyone likes diapers, so yes try to maintain other hobbies too. My story of how I got into it is long and sort of funny, but a little embarrassing.

Don't let your love of diapers block you from relationships, girls and friends. I like what you typed, think about what you typed and use that for more motivation for actual change.

Hey Matthew1983 I had a look through some of your old posts to see what the story was you refer to I am presuming it is the one where you say about ruining a mattress in the process which I though was a rather amusing line. I think you are right in the sense that obsessions that control you are not a good thing. I am still undecided as to whether AB is good or bad as you only have to look around this forum to find people who have struck the right balance with a loving partner showing that it can be good. Yet you can also see the anxiety that people suffer from having this. Is it all worth it? Well it all comes down to the individual, so for me, I guess only time will tell.

Welcome to ADISC Dungaree.

I can related in some respects. Only the past few months I finally got a job with my degree, and still feel it not what its worth. College loans have been a real bummer as of late. -_- And I agree, I read little, but I do find a much better attraction to a physical hard copy of a book that a e-version of one. Currently reading a hard copy version of complete collection of the Hitchhiker's Guide.

On the AB concern, I've just been introduced to it. I do feel a bit shame and anxiety from having such a fascination, but it provides me with a real cozy comfort. It gives me a sense of security whenever I regress, and get comfortable with a bottle and blanket, but I have to keep my ears open to besure no one walks in on me when I'm in such a state. But AB isn't the only interest that I have to balance the anxiety and excitement, being a BDSM practitioner, they is always a side that I keep quiet from the majority of my friends.

And I have to admit, like you say, time will tell if its worth it. But right now, I suggest enjoying the ride. ^_^

Thanks guys for all the responses you have made me feel very welcome.

Hey dungarees,

Welcome to ADISC, the 'feel good' *BDL site.

Quote Originally Posted by dungarees View Post
    I have felt ashamed of myself ever since I hit puberty and started regularly entertaining my fetish. 8/9 years later and I am almost ready to accept myself. the more I read the more I feel comfortable about accepting the AB I seem to be. To be honest I have avoided chatting girls up because of my fetish I mean how could I expect someone else to understand and accept it, if I can't even do that myself. The negative side to all this means that I feel I have missed out on 'fun relationships' during my teen years and now anything I enter into will probably be heading towards more commitment. Not that this really bothers me but I suppose I am just jealous of those who were more comfortable with themselves during the teenage years.
    I have chosen to quote this paragraph for sheer awesomeness.
    This is exactly what this place is all about, people who are looking for acceptance and trying to find it in the most important place - themselves! Before I came here I did not accept myself for my interests, I really didn't. In fact, I was just sharing with a friend of mine a post I made elsewhere a couple years ago in which I emphatically declared I was not an AB (deniiiaaall ). It took finding a home with level-headed human beings (ADISC) to get my mind change on the subject, and to accept myself as a part of the community.

I hope this site proves to be what you are looking for and more, and that you really enjoy your stay here.
    If you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask.