Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop and Shop no longer carrying Depend fitted max

Default Stop and Shop no longer carrying Depend fitted max

Yesterday when I was at my local Stop and Shop, I noticed the diaper aisle no longer had Depend fitted max. It had every other Depend product, but not fitted max. The sticker for the product was still on the self, though, with a big "Discontinued" mark scrawled over it in sharpie. What's up with this? Anyone else noticed this in their area?

The Depend website says they're still being made and listed a number of other places that are still carrying the product, so maybe it's just Stop and Shop. It's not the best of diapers, but it would be a shame if major chains stopped carrying them, since they're cheap, (otherwise) readily available, and still plastic-backed.

I know this is off topic, but what the hell is a stop and shop? I've never heard of that lol.

Anyways, I know that any pharmacy in the US will have them. Other big chain stores are always changing their inventory.

^LOL

I'm guessing a local medical supply. Or a small store or something, I dunno. Use Google, I'm too lazy.

You guys don't have Stop and Shop around you? Huh, I always thought it was a national chain. Maybe I'm mistaken. It's just a supermarket, like Shoprite or A&P.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    You guys don't have Stop and Shop around you? Huh, I always thought it was a national chain. Maybe I'm mistaken. It's just a supermarket, like Shoprite or A&P.
    I know Stop and Shop from when I lived in NH, but here in the South, it's Kroger, Food Lion, Wal-Mart, and what used to be Winn-Dixie.

Lotta chains are regional, not national.

(edit)

Apparently all the Stop & Shops are gone from up in NH as well - I did a quick zip code search and none within 100 miles of my old address.

PS: A&P and Shoprite are definitely NY regionals. Never been in an A&P in my life.

Walgreens had them when I got mine a few weeks ago. They also still carry pampers size 7 so it doesn't look like they are cutting back.

You guys don't have Stop and Shop around you? Huh, I always thought it was a national chain.
    Only seen them in the New England area, never anywhere else *shrugs*

mhhendu

Yesterday when I was at my local Stop and Shop, I noticed the diaper aisle no longer had Depend fitted max. It had every other Depend product, but not fitted max. The sticker for the product was still on the self, though, with a big "Discontinued" mark scrawled over it in sharpie. What's up with this? Anyone else noticed this in their area?
    They're disappearing from many stores. Rite Aid has them regularly and if you get one of their frequent shopper cards they're $11.99. Many times they give you a $3 store coupon for the next purchase too. They seem to replenish their stock, at least where I live.

Disappearing from many stores, you say? That's no good. I mean, they're not great, but if you're a TB and that's all you can get, they're a lot better than adult pull up diapers.

They will sell what sells, and I bet from their internal numbers they found the were not selling as well as the underware, so if I was a store owner with valabul space on the shelfs I would drop a low seller in favor of a higher seller, simple economics.