Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paci Use

Default Paci Use

___ this was meant to go into the Adult baby forum___

The thread I was going to post this into was already closed.

However

Has anyone gotten pacifier lip? Not sure what else to call it. Tried using a Nuk 3 (it was silicone with a sort of angled tip not the round one) and when I woke up my lip was a little deformed where it was pressed against my teeth, guess I sucked too hard while sleeping. My teeth also hurt a little (the front ones) where it seemed that the pacifier was pulling them forward. Since then I sorrowfully put the pacifiers back in their case and into my drawer and haven't used them since. Is it just that I need a bigger paci or am I doing this all wrong?
    Last edited by daddyb; 15-Dec-2010 at 12:54. Reason: put into wrong forum

This happens to a lot of people. The reason you get it is because your mouth isn't used to it, and since it's rather small for a grown mouth, it's going to hurt.

My advice would be to keep using it until you get used to it, or buy a different brand; one with a teardrop or bulb shaped tip.

Also, may I ask where you got a Nuk 3 made of silicone? I've been looking for one that size but all I can find is latex...

Chap stick helps, so does warm water.

If it becomes a problem exert some self control and don't use it for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jimini View Post
    This happens to a lot of people. The reason you get it is because your mouth isn't used to it, and since it's rather small for a grown mouth, it's going to hurt.

My advice would be to keep using it until you get used to it, or buy a different brand; one with a teardrop or bulb shaped tip.

Also, may I ask where you got a Nuk 3 made of silicone? I've been looking for one that size but all I can find is latex...
    I got one at Wal-Mart, I think. It's called the Nuk Genius. The nipple is a bit shorter than a regular Nuk 3, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jimini View Post

If Nuk 3 is like an 18+ mos size then I got mine at babies R Us. Tommee Tippee was the brand. I'm pretty sure it was silicone but could be wrong. I just choose something different than latex cause I hate the taste of latex. Didn't like them though cause there is a seam along the tip where your tongue rubs it. On a side note they have a great bottle. It's a breast feeding bottle so the nipple part is nice and big so you can get your whole mouth on it. With other regular bottles you only really get the tip. Expensive but well worth it IMHO.

Ok, I've heard a rumor that using a pacifier can give you an overbite? Or is that only for people who don't have all their permanent teeth? Just wondering. I have long lost all my deciduous teeth so hopefully there won't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanNibbler View Post
    Ok, I've heard a rumor that using a pacifier can give you an overbite? Or is that only for people who don't have all their permanent teeth? Just wondering. I have long lost all my deciduous teeth so hopefully there won't be a problem.
    I really think it would only affect people who are still getting their adult teeth or people who used it constantly.

Constantly as in literally 24/7 or as in a lot of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by EvanNibbler View Post
    Constantly as in literally 24/7 or as in a lot of the time?
    I would say 24/7 or a great amount of time like that. Braces work because there is constant pressure on the teeth, and I could see a pacifier working the same way to push the teeth out of alignment.

I get scared of getting buck teeth lol. My lip doesnt bother me. I had buck teeth that were fixed during early puberty..so i cant use a paci 24/7... :[