Thread: Just another example of police incompetence...

Exclamation Just another example of police incompetence...

The Telegram - Standoff in Bay Bulls Comes to an end, in a way no one expected.

Just another example of the police not paying attention to what they're doing. The people in my High School class have more sense then this.

i dont see your point... oh sure he got away but its not like it would be smart to check the house

this guy had fired at the police before and no one wants to loose life of any sort
    if the kids in your class were calling the shots im sure they would have ordered them to bust down the door but without knowing the his exact location or even his mental status it could very well end in injury or worse... and in the article it made that scene sound crazy and hectic and escaping not all that difficult

What I meant was, he got away through a tunnel leading from his house to his shed. The perimeter was incomplete. They should have been watching the ENTIRE area

I hope the RCMP is on the hook for ruining the house and everything in it be pumping water into it. That just doesn't make any sense. What were they trying to do? drown him?

Also, I don't see what he actually did. From what the article says, he is being charged with crimes relating to his arrest, but not what they were actually there to arrest him for in the first place. i see it says he uttered threats against his sister, but is that worth a swarm of cops? Ah well.

Personally think they didn't need to go to such extreme lengths to get him out of the house (never heard of a SWAT standoff here involving watering the house, flashbanging constantly etc.) but they apparently really sucked at securing their perimeter. Could understand them not knowing about the tunnel, but was there entire perimeter just the front door or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hal0ispwnd View Post
    What I meant was, he got away through a tunnel leading from his house to his shed. The perimeter was incomplete. They should have been watching the ENTIRE area
    That is easier said then done. Plus, if they did not know about the tunnel, why would they bother watching a shed? Think about it for a bit.

Also, I find it is best to assume that the people who do this sort of thing for a living have a bit more expertise then a 15 year old high school student .