Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milk

5 14.71%
  • Dark

6 17.65%
  • White

3 8.82%
  • Extra Dark (meaning mostly unsweetened)

6 17.65%
  • High-grade European

1 2.94%
  • Low-grade American

0 0%
  • With nuts

0 0%
  • With fruit

0 0%
  • With coffee

0 0%
  • Chocolate chips

1 2.94%
  • In cookies

2 5.88%
  • In cake

0 0%
  • Ice cream! YaY!

1 2.94%
  • Chocolate covered ants

0 0%
  • Chocolate milk

1 2.94%
  • Other things not mentioned.

0 0%
  • I'm not picky - I'll take it any way.

7 20.59%
  • I don't like chocolate.

0 0%
  • No, really, I don't like chocolate.

0 0%
  • Who comes up with these polls, anyway?

1 2.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate - food of the gods!

Default Chocolate - food of the gods!

It's a divine gift.

Often mistreated by the likes of Hershey's.

Chocolate. For me, the darker it is, the better it is. I love the 90% cocoa bars they sell at the local market.

What chocolate does it for you? Vote for your favorite, let's see what wins!

York Peppermints, to be exact. I do about anything for a York.

And I prefer darker chocolates as well. ^_^

Dark chocolate is so much better that all that "chocolate" you find in corner stores. Still, I eat too much of it. Why must it be fattening?

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Dark chocolate is so much better that all that "chocolate" you find in corner stores. Still, I eat too much of it. Why must it be fattening?
    The darker the chocolate, the more antioxidants it contains.

Really dark chocolate has health benefits that you won't find in a Hershey's bar.

Then again, many doctors say the same thing about red wine, and we all know where too much of that can lead a person.

I prefer white but I'm a choco-holic so I'm not really fussy. Cadbury's and Galaxy are awesome and love their caramel bars soooo much. Praline is gorgeous, really hard to stop when I start.

I'll take it any way, but my favourite way is either the dark chocolate-raspberry or white chocolate-hazelnut-blueberry combo. I mean, it's great alone, but even better with fruits and nuts!

I'm not too picky. Milk chocolate items are probably my favorite though. I will eat dark chocolate as well, but it's not my absolute favorites.

And for me there are different methods to eating different qualities of chocolates...for cheap chocolate it's alright to nibble at while distracted, like watching a movie. But for the fine, quality stuff, it needs to have full attention in order to really enjoy it.

And may I ask why there aren't 'fine American' and 'low quality European' options? I'm sure there are some dismal chocolate offerings from every country on Earth and equally good ones, too.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    And may I ask why there aren't 'fine American' and 'low quality European' options? I'm sure there are some dismal chocolate offerings from every country on Earth and equally good ones, too.
    Do not question my snobbery. You'll win the argument, and I'll be embarrassed. :P

"with nuts"
    "that's what she said"
    No, I don't like nuts in chocolate, but couldent resist. I like York peppermint patties.

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    Do not question my snobbery. You'll win the argument, and I'll be embarrassed. :P
    Then I won't. I just wondered if maybe you forgot was all.

I don't prefer one type or origin over another, if it's delicious, delicious chocolate, I'll try some.

I'm now reminded of an episode of Spongebob Squarepants...where the one guy chases Spongebob and Patrick by popping up randomly all through the episode screaming "CHOCOLAAAAAATE!"