Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tis the season for snowfall... UGH

Default Tis the season for snowfall... UGH

Twenty-four hours ago it was raining when I went into work for the Sunday Brunch shift and it turned... turned to snow and wind and lake-effect snow. As of right now, I probably have five inches of snow on the ground and more on the way all day! UGH.

We're expecting nothing but snow for the next two days here. At least for my birthday blowout- the snow will be leaving us.

WildThing121675

You know what's funny? No snow here at all, just bucket-loads of rain. And Americans say Canada is cold...

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    You know what's funny? No snow here at all, just bucket-loads of rain. And Americans say Canada is cold...
    You guys are lucky. Right now, it's -14°C over here and there's snow everywhere.

I don't even want the snow- this will probably cost me money and it just did... I just got called off work as I was typing this. LOL. Oh well. I am just glad I don't have to go out in the snow at all. Where I work is closed for the night. Sigh. At least I can watch Monday Night Football and have a few cold, cold beers and hope my power does not go out.

WildThing121675

Was mid 70s summer like weather in here in LA...

*runs away*

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    Twenty-four hours ago it was raining when I went into work for the Sunday Brunch shift and it turned... turned to snow and wind and lake-effect snow. As of right now, I probably have five inches of snow on the ground and more on the way all day! UGH.

We're expecting nothing but snow for the next two days here. At least for my birthday blowout- the snow will be leaving us.

WildThing121675
    At least you live in a county where they expect snow once in a while. Imagine going from living in Franklin County (where they refused to declare snow emergencies because of all the state agencies downtown) to a county in rural Virginia, where 1/8th of an inch of snow is an emergency. And no, NO ONE here knows how to drive in snow. They all think that their big ol' douche-trucks will protect them from ice.

Crazymaze

This is just a crazy year with el niņo. Here in Colorado we have gotten like an inch this entire winter and two days ago we were having 60 degree weather!

As I speak, flakes of whiteness are drifting down outside.

I'm kind of glad I don't have to go out anytime soon. And I've noticed that thing with Franklin county. Everyone around them is at a level 3 and they'll hang onto a level 1 or level 2 so that people can still drive, even if it's absolutely unsafe to do so!

FINALLY snowing here again xD, last year it snowed like crazy, this year it has barely all year. No idea if anyone of it is sticking right now, probably only a couple inches at most but still awesome (til tonight when I actually have to drive in it xD)

We're gettting our first snow of the season today. It's only supposed to be about 1-3" by about 9PM tonight, so not something we'll have to dig out from...not like last year's snowstorms! But, the Winter season is still young in the mid-Atlantic area, so who knows what we'll get in the next couple months.

At least my heart is in better condition this Winter for snow shoveling, and I'm not on the verge of a major heart attack as I was last year, digging out from 20" of snow and not realizing how bad of a physical condition I was actually in.

~Pramrider