Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids clothes for adults

Default Kids clothes for adults

So it's 5am and thanks to work this is my current time to be awake so I thought I'd make a quick thread since I haven't... well I've barely been active at all on Adisc.

So first of all yeah I buy my clothes from the kids section when I want a cool shirt I really want, for instance the last item of clothing that was kiddy was a red Ben 10 Alien Force shirt and I also have Ben 10 Alien Force briefs which at 10-11 do fit. They're not the best fit in the world but I can wear them all day without discomfort.

But then of course there's the really really awesome stuff. Ages 3-10 always seem to get the best stuff, where I can wear 11+ clothing (Well depends what it is) the younger items I of course can not.

Ben 10 Briefs

Pokemon Briefs

Pokemon Pajamas

Now the Ben 10 briefs I would love but those Pokemon Underoos I would love even more just because of the really awesome design. I have a pair of the white Pokemon Pajamas but at size 8, those litrually are tight but fit, except my tummy shows way too much so I doubt I'll wear it untill I get myself a white onesie.

Questions I ask is would it be legal to create a bigger pair when you already own the regular size? Or would you have to get the main manufacture permission and have them make a bigger size?

Is it possible to make a bigger size? If so what kind of tools would you need? Does anyone already do this with legal permissions? If so are their websites?

I see some people getting Pokemon onesies for adults and such but I figure they go through the legal manufactuers which I have a list of somewhere for many cartoons and games.

I'd totally love to be able to make kids clothing in much bigger sizes for myself and others. Whatcha think?

Yes i like the ide. And yes kids clothes have many good and nice design. And i would like to wear this Pokemon clothes

Good thing about Pokemon is that they make shirts for 13 year olds out there and even adultwear sometimes. So it's pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nayfin View Post
    Good thing about Pokemon is that they make shirts for 13 year olds out there and even adultwear sometimes. So it's pretty cool
    yes it is. Bad that i is to fat to use some of this clothes. Pokemon 4Ever or like a say Pikachu 4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Nayfin View Post
    Questions I ask is would it be legal to create a bigger pair when you already own the regular size? Or would you have to get the main manufacture permission and have them make a bigger size?

Is it possible to make a bigger size? If so what kind of tools would you need? Does anyone already do this with legal permissions? If so are their websites?
    If you want an article of clothing bigger, you need a custom tailor to make it, or you can do it yourself. It isn't illegal to reproduce any product as long as it isn't for personal gain (ie: money or trade).

All you'd need to do to find some fabric similar to the clothing you'd want to replicate. Take out the stitches in the article of clothing, so you can separate each piece. Trace each piece out onto some paper, so you have a pattern. Then - following the same outline - redraw the pattern, but bigger so it'll fit you. Trace the new, enlarged pattern onto the new fabric, cut it out, and then sew it into a new, larger article of clothing!

You'd only need a sewing machine, seam ripper, pencil, thread, fabric, sample clothing item, and any other material to make the outfit (ie: elastic for the waistband).

You can google a lot of this stuff if you need in depth information on sewing. Personally, I think that Pokemon clothing is just plain cute, and I think you should try it out and see how it works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by jimini View Post
    If you want an article of clothing bigger, you need a custom tailor to make it, or you can do it yourself. It isn't illegal to reproduce any product as long as it isn't for personal gain (ie: money or trade).

All you'd need to do to find some fabric similar to the clothing you'd want to replicate. Take out the stitches in the article of clothing, so you can separate each piece. Trace each piece out onto some paper, so you have a pattern. Then - following the same outline - redraw the pattern, but bigger so it'll fit you. Trace the new, enlarged pattern onto the new fabric, cut it out, and then sew it into a new, larger article of clothing!

You'd only need a sewing machine, seam ripper, pencil, thread, fabric, sample clothing item, and any other material to make the outfit (ie: elastic for the waistband).

You can google a lot of this stuff if you need in depth information on sewing. Personally, I think that Pokemon clothing is just plain cute, and I think you should try it out and see how it works for you!
    That sounds like an amazing idea. Really good advice and information. Thanks Jimini.

Shame I'm hopeless at sewing but I can always learn and have a friend to help me. But yeah I'd love to make all the kiddy items I've always wanted actually my size.

You can always get iron on transfers, or make your own by simply finding a picture you like printing onto the right kind of paper and then ironing it onto a t-shirt or a pair of pants or something. Ive done this tonnes of times so yeah just print some ben10/pokemon pics onto iron on transfer paper (which I believe you can buy from most craft and computer shops) and follow the instructions Iron On Transfers | HP Home Printing

Quote Originally Posted by ikklesammy View Post
    You can always get iron on transfers, or make your own by simply finding a picture you like printing onto the right kind of paper and then ironing it onto a t-shirt or a pair of pants or something. Ive done this tonnes of times so yeah just print some ben10/pokemon pics onto iron on transfer paper (which I believe you can buy from most craft and computer shops) and follow the instructions Iron On Transfers | HP Home Printing
    Excellent idea! I've always wanted to try that. I know there are websites where you can buy plain underpants and shirts both in different shapes and sizes as well right? If so anyone know any websites?

Doing printed patterns over and over would take some time but it'd be worth it. I know iron-ons are not forever lasting, anyone know how long it'd last for?

I have some Osh Kosh shortalls and overalls that I bought a long time ago when they still made adult sizes. I have had snaps added to 2 pair of shortalls and then sewn up the fly to make it a mock fly. I still have 1 pair of railroad stripe overalls that haven't been hemmed up yet. I bought some Osh Kosh denim jeans and shorts. The problem with the jeans and shorts is that they do not have elastic waist and the pockets uses a cheap material that didn't last long. I would like to get some children's shirts like Sponge Bob or Bob the builder , but I wear adult medium or large depending on brand.
    Last edited by liljonny; 12-Dec-2010 at 13:30.

That sounds pretty cool. Speaking of which that reminds me I have a pair of Pokemon overalls that is a great size but the brace was too small and had clips similar to what you'd find on wallets (Those little hooks) unfortunally one side broke cause it was too small. I haven't been able to wear them for ages. I need to find somewhere that will make me a brace with hooks. I'll have to ask around some tailor shops.