Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powder? Lotion? :S

Red face Powder? Lotion? :S

Hello everyone

I'll be honest, usually when wearing diapers I just put the diaper on - no powder or lotion.. I suffered the consequence of that by getting diaper rash (8 years without!!).. So now, I've bought lotion and powder but do you put both on together like I've done or are they suppost to be seperate?

Help me out

RedApple

I usually use only powder. Never used lotion.

I'm of the understanding you don't do both together. There's a time for each I think...

My inclination would be that they would sort of cancel each other out. The lotion moisturizes while the powder absorbs moisture… but I have no idea.

I don't know, but i think the lotion is for already damaged skin, and the powder is for preventing damaged skin... Or the other way around :p but as i said, have no clue

I only use scented wipes & lotion when ever i need to change my bottom, i think used together would make an awful mess. Thankfully i have never had nappy rash as i change as soon as is practically possible to avoid this from happening. It sometimes can happen if the skin in the nappy /diaper area is more sensitive

I don't think you're supposed to use baby lotion for diaper rash because of the scents in it. It'd probably sting and annoy your skin even more. (Really, it's just good for keeping your skin soft and baby-smelling.) Diaper rash cream, on the other hand, is often used in conjunction with powder to provide healing and extra protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    I don't think you're supposed to use baby lotion for diaper rash because of the scents in it. It'd probably sting and annoy your skin even more. (Really, it's just good for keeping your skin soft and baby-smelling.) Diaper rash cream, on the other hand, is often used in conjunction with powder to provide healing and extra protection.
    Diaper rash cream is some of the... how can I say it? Most stubborn cream ever. It's almost impossible to get off your hands or anything else it manages to get on, which is everywhere, by the way. It does work extremely well though, I will have to say.

Back on topic. I would generally pick one or the other. Maybe use lotion for the first time you wear one, and then each change after that use powder? I didn't think the lotion actually did much, though I'm not sure what mineral oil does for the skin besides makes it smooth. I do like both though.

Quote Originally Posted by Babyo View Post
    I don't know, but i think the lotion is for already damaged skin, and the powder is for preventing damaged skin... Or the other way around :p but as i said, have no clue
    Don't worry, ya got it right the first time.

This is hilarious! Here we have a whole forum full of *B/DL/CG, and hardly any of us know what to use when.

Mind you, I haven't the slightest on what to do, but I usually use just powder. I know that after the diaper is taken off, some people will wipe, use lotion, and then wait 10 minutes or so, so the lotion soaks in, and the skin dries. After the skin is dry and lotion is absorbed, then powder is added to fully dry the skin, and the diaper is put on (or left off, if you like to run nakey everywhere... *ahem* ).

Peachy

They'Re supposed to be separate, otherwise you'll create sandpaper on your butt. Imagine having a sheet of sandpaper in your diaper...then you're guaranteed to have a rash, or more!