Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Canadia!

Cool Greetings from Canadia!

Hello everyone, my name is FlyinTyiger, I'm 19 and am from Canada, Ontario. I'm new to ADISC... sorta. I used to be a member here before but was finding it hard to hide my activity from my family so I was unable to really come on here for like a year now. I registered last year but lost the paper I had my password on and the new email I had made up for my account here also, so I had to make a new account. (Ima total n00b... I know :/)

I've been going through some difficult times and I guess I want to come on here to make new friends, talk and vent about stuff. I share an interest that I'm sure all of you can guess (diapers). I'm a TB, a BabyFur and some what D/L but that is not all I'm interested in.

I do lots of other stuff like listening to music, mainly what I listen to is metal, garage rock, alternative metal and punk. Favorite bands, TONS of them but a few would be Chevelle, The Hives, Metallica and The Vines. I love to watch Star Trek (DS9 ftw), Doctor Who and Stargate (SG-1 = win :P) all the time, I want to see every episode some day lol and am a big PC enthusiast, basically a geek.

Paintball (I like to call it PAINball) is another thing I like to do, I play in summer and even during winter too. I own my own equipment and play woodsball, I usually like to play pistol only when possible, depends on the field I'm at. The smaller outdoor fields are perfect for this, booking it from the start to the other end of the field and flanking is what that style is all about. It's pretty nasty stuff honestly, being totally outnumbered and outgunned is a huge disadvantage but it's also an advantage as well. Most players underestimate you, they lower their guard after a while and then it really pays off. If your like me when your done with paintball at the end of the day (a good six to eight hours of it), all your muscles hurt and your back is sore, you know you had a good day dishing out the "rain of pain" (shower of paintballs) on your "victims".

I'm also big on history, definitely a big part of my life, it probably has influenced some of who I am to an extent. I'm always reading books and researching things about history, ranging from the middle ages to modern times.

And last but not least I'm a hard core gamer, my interest in paintball and history was very much inspired by games. I play all sorts of games, used to play a lot of arcade games, still do, but just not as much. I'm usually playing a simulator or stealth game, some of the games I play are Silent Hunter III, IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, Mount & Blade Warband, ArmA 2 and Project Reality (<-- highly recommend it).

I tried to keep this as short as possible and not give you all my life's story lol, I hope that I filled you in some what about who I am and what I like to do etc. If you want to know more about me I guess your gonna have to get to know me :P.

Thanks for reading everyone, talk to you later!

FlyinTyiger

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinTyiger View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is FlyinTyiger, I'm 19 and am from Canada, Ontario. I'm new to ADISC... sorta. I used to be a member here before but was finding it hard to hide my activity from my family so I was unable to really come on here for like a year now. I registered last year but lost the paper I had my password on and the new email I had made up for my account here also, so I had to make a new account. (Ima total n00b... I know :/)
    Welcome to ADISC! Don't worry, all of us were noobs at one point. Anyways, just curious, what was your old username?

I've been going through some difficult times and I guess I want to come on here to make new friends, talk and vent about stuff. I share an interest that I'm sure all of you can guess (diapers). I'm a TB, a BabyFur and some what D/L but that is not all I'm interested in.
    Yay! You included non-*B/DL interests.

I'm also big on history, definitely a big part of my life, it probably has influenced some of who I am to an extent. I'm always reading books and researching things about history, ranging from the middle ages to modern times.
    I have an interest in history too. What periods in particular are you interested in? Oh, and there is a history group here, if you are interested in joining. ADISC Historical Society - ADISC.org

I tried to keep this as short as possible and not give you all my life's story lol, I hope that I filled you in some what about who I am and what I like to do etc. If you want to know more about me I guess your gonna have to get to know me :P.

Thanks for reading everyone, talk to you later!

FlyinTyiger
    Your introduction is, btw, excellent. I wouldn't say it was too long at all! I hope you enjoy your time here...feel free to post in any of the threads that look interesting or join the IRC chat (link is located on the bar on the top of the page).

'Ellos there!
    Welcome to ADISC! :'D
    I'm iKero-chu, the one and only Pirate Ferrachu Ninja.
    Enjoy your stay here.
    <3

Welcome to ADISC! Don't worry, all of us were noobs at one point. Anyways, just curious, what was your old username?
    My old username was PrisinorOfSocity, I doubt anyone will remember me, I only had 20 posts or so and 3 threads, I chose that name because it seemed to suit the way I was feeling about stuff, it was a bad choice, it was kind of depressing me even more too *face palm*. I decided to go with a name that was fun sounding and reflected my furry side plus my love for WWII, The Flying Tigers, a WWII air unit. I'm glad I lost my password, better outcome for me I think :P.

Yay! You included non-*B/DL interests.
    Yeah of course, to me that ruins the whole point of an intro if all your going to talk about is what everyone already talks about day in and day out on the forum lol (that being diapers etc.). I want people to know me better than just some guy who likes baby stuff plus it comes off creepy when reading an intro in my opinion.

I have an interest in history too. What periods in particular are you interested in? Oh, and there is a history group here, if you are interested in joining.
    I'm interested in pretty much any period of history I can think of but I particularly like WWII, it's my favorite area. I have a whole lot of books, movies and games about WWII (takes up half my house ). I never knew about the history group, I'll join right now as a matter of fact.

Your introduction is, btw, excellent. I wouldn't say it was too long at all! I hope you enjoy your time here...feel free to post in any of the threads that look interesting or join the IRC chat (link is located on the bar on the top of the page).
    Thanks, really appreciate it, I am a "bit" of a perfectionist when it comes to forums some times (probably because of all the forum Nazis I've encountered on my gaming sites). You might even remember my old intro, it was longer than this, haha, but very much the same idea. I didn't want to go overboard because I like to go into detail sometimes, a bad habit because I end up with a book instead of a post. It doesn't look bad now that I've posted it but when I was typing it out it looked like it was 3 pages long. I seen some threads that look like they could use my "2 cents" so no worries there, I might try to do a blog too. As for IRC, it sounds like it would be fun but I don't know anyone well enough to hold a conversation just yet, I'm sure I'll be chatting in there sooner or later tho. I've got three weeks of freedom to blab away on here anyways, going on vacation for the holidays to Vancouver, BC tomorrow so I'm sure I can come on here more safely than I ever could at home. I'll just use my aunts laptop as much as possible and tell her I'm doing "history research" while I'm in my room lol.

Again, thanks for the welcome guys, always appreciated.

Hey F.T.
    Nice intro! Welcome to ADISC!
    We hope you have a blast checking out the whole site and being an active member!
    There's lot's of really cool people here from Canada.
    peace!

hey there, nice intro and I love your avatar! Good music choices by the way . Agree about Project Reality being a great game, though its gotten more confusing (to me) then a couple years ago. Haven't played Warband yet, but have the original and that is another fun game (Warband supposed to be about 100x better). You mentioned WWII games (And liking simulators) do you/have you played Hearts of Iron III (or any others in the series)?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    hey there, nice intro and I love your avatar! Good music choices by the way . Agree about Project Reality being a great game, though its gotten more confusing (to me) then a couple years ago. Haven't played Warband yet, but have the original and that is another fun game (Warband supposed to be about 100x better). You mentioned WWII games (And liking simulators) do you/have you played Hearts of Iron III (or any others in the series)?
    Thanks, I like it too, I did some editing in photoshop with it, I love how he looks like hes silently stalking his prey. Really cool to meet someone on here who plays Project Reality and M&B. PR is the best online game I've ever played when doing team tactics and player vs player. I agree, It is not easy to play some times, it has an odd learning curve to it, but it's quite simple compared to Arma 1 and 2 which PR is kinda based on. Arma is a sick game but it's got a realllllly steep learning curve, not exactly for beginners at all. Warband is really good, it's like the original Mount & Blade but it's got a bunch of updates to top it off. I have to say tho, the online is pretty bad at times, it's almost like CoD but with swords, which sounds fun... but it's really not lol. There are a bunch of modders who are revamping the online so its gonna be way better but the single player is realistic as always. As for Hearts of Iron III, I know a lot of my friends on Steam love that game and I hear it's good. I don't have it tho, I probably should just buy it but I guess I just have this thing about seeing the actual battle take place in real time like in the Total War series and Men of War that kind of strategy/tactical/simulator game is more my kind of thing. The closest thing I used to play to Hearts of Iron was Panzer General #1 (1994) it's very much old school and it's not quite as deep as Hearts of Iron is but it's a fun game.

If you want to do a few online games or something and have Steam, Xfire or w/e and want to add me just send me a PM. Always good to know another gamer who likes the same kind of stuff .

HoI III is pretty fun game, it another one of those steep learning curves to it, and can be a bit slow at time. Its much more open to making alternative history then HoI II was (and the Original was even more hard coded I think). M&B is quite amazing though, I usually played without the mods just due to it being easier, sometimes its nice to run and slash without too much worry :P. In HoI you sort of see a battle happening (i think) just it isn't quite as pretty as, well every game since the 90s xD. Its great for trying to rewrite history though (right now want to try to have the USSR go against the historic path).

Yeah, I play M&B Warband with out mods as well, currently I'm destroying the Swadians with my Nordic warriors :P. My character looks like a real badass, he is known as "Leif Ericson". I uploaded a screen shot of it on the site because I'm not allowed to use a link yet but for some reason it ended up in the members gallery, you can find it there. I love how you can make your own unique guy, reminds me of Mass Effect, I made Shepard look like me tho lol. I gave him 3 scars across his right eye and cheek to go with the "survival" and "war hero" stories. I always love to use a pistol and shotgun as soldier class, theres nothing like blasting someone with a shotgun and making them fly 10 feet in the air lol .

haha I use Rifle and shotgun mostly in Mass Effect, The only game I can remember using pistols heavily is in the Hitman Series (Silverballers , want to buy some real ones one day xD).