Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: How do you separate your baby part from the adult part?

  1. #1

    Default How do you separate your baby part from the adult part?

    Hello! I need some advice. Well it is very hard for me to seperate the baby part of me when i its time to be an adult and I know I'm not the only one here that struggles with that. I was just curious for those who have more experience and have already kind of tackled that issue. How did you do it? What kind of things helped you and whatever else?

    I do have other emotional/mental stuff that I'm sure doesn't help any with it. I just feel like I always want to do what I want to do and just be babylike! It annoys me cus I know other people are able to seperate it without it making them depressed 24/7. Did any of you feel depressed cus you simply didn't want to drive your car to the store because you felt like such a little girl/boy and little girls and boys don't drive cars? That is what it feels like practically everyday for me and every year I get older I swear it feels like I want more and more to just be me and stay little forever.
    Thanks any advice and input is appreciated.

  2. #2

    Default

    How much are you indulging in ab/dl/tb-ism?

    I find it much easier to seperate the two if i'm not always doing something related to ab-ism. For example, i'll pad up maybe twice a week but usally not more than that, i'll only do ab-play with daddy when he also seems interessted and i'll only use my dummy when having a baby night, not every single night just because I can.

    I think that's the key, disciplining yourself enough so that you can cope without it. If you think about it 24/7 that's ok, just don't get depressed over the fact that you can't indulge all the time as that is an un-healthy relationship you are having with this side of yourself.

    Use your baby-ness as an occasional treat, as constant indulgence leads to dependance, and honestly, giving in to ab-ism can become an addiction.

    To break that, as it seems that you could be getting that way, try to go a day or two without AB play e.g. no mental inner regression, no nappies, no playtime and cartoons etc. If you can cope with that then after a while make it 2-3 days, after that 3-4 days and just start breaking that bond of dependance you have with your 'little-self' and you will find it easier to a) cope with adult stresses and b) supress the baby side when you actually need to be totally adult for a while.

    Also then, hopefully, you will stop actually imagining that you are a little baby boy/girl and come to terms with the fact that you are infact; an 'adult who plays baby' and not a 'baby who pretends to be an adult' - I think getting this balance back is the best thing you can do to seperate adult time from baby.

    This is just my advice, i'm no expert, but I hope it helps

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Littleabgirl View Post
    How much are you indulging in ab/dl/tb-ism?

    I find it much easier to seperate the two if i'm not always doing something related to ab-ism. For example, i'll pad up maybe twice a week but usally not more than that, i'll only do ab-play with daddy when he also seems interessted and i'll only use my dummy when having a baby night, not every single night just because I can.

    I think that's the key, disciplining yourself enough so that you can cope without it. If you think about it 24/7 that's ok, just don't get depressed over the fact that you can't indulge all the time as that is an un-healthy relationship you are having with this side of yourself.

    Use your baby-ness as an occasional treat, as constant indulgence leads to dependance, and honestly, giving in to ab-ism can become an addiction.

    To break that, as it seems that you could be getting that way, try to go a day or two without AB play e.g. no mental inner regression, no nappies, no playtime and cartoons etc. If you can cope with that then after a while make it 2-3 days, after that 3-4 days and just start breaking that bond of dependance you have with your 'little-self' and you will find it easier to a) cope with adult stresses and b) supress the baby side when you actually need to be totally adult for a while.

    Also then, hopefully, you will stop actually imagining that you are a little baby boy/girl and come to terms with the fact that you are infact; an 'adult who plays baby' and not a 'baby who pretends to be an adult' - I think getting this balance back is the best thing you can do to seperate adult time from baby.

    This is just my advice, i'm no expert, but I hope it helps

    Hey thanks for replying! It is helpful but I am scared right now cus being a baby is the only thing I seem to be interested in. it also doesn't help that I don't get out much therefor I am like always in my babymode until of course my mom gets home from work and my siblings get home from school! I am mostly home and do not work (ssi). So that's prolly why I want to be that way cus I don't have much to do. But I am gonna try anyway.

  4. #4

    Default

    your adult side and your is one and the same dude. in time you will learn how to balance the 2 it just tacks time.

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default

    Pressure from reality can be depressing, yes. I understand it well, I combat it everyday too. I wish everyday that the laws of physics would break down and the worlds I build in my mind would be even remotely possible. Unfortunately, we're stuck with reality.

    I could suggest a lot of things. Psychologists, hypnosis, withdrawal, lucid dreaming. But I won't, and that's because I believe the best solution is the one you find for yourself. You know you best, and with a bit of self-reflection, I think you will find the balance.

    Try to think of the times when you act most adult most naturally. What do you do? How do you feel? What's around you? Try to think of things that would trigger that change between your adult self and your "baby" self.

    I also want to explore another thing. What kind of responsibilities do you currently carry? Did they come suddenly? Did you have a drastic change in lifestyle recently? Maybe you feel so affiliated with your young self because you were thrust into adulthood and responsibility too quickly for you to cope with?

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by SoaringLittleGirl5 View Post
    Hello! I need some advice. Well it is very hard for me to seperate the baby part of me when i its time to be an adult and I know I'm not the only one here that struggles with that. I was just curious for those who have more experience and have already kind of tackled that issue. How did you do it? What kind of things helped you and whatever else?

    I do have other emotional/mental stuff that I'm sure doesn't help any with it. I just feel like I always want to do what I want to do and just be babylike! It annoys me cus I know other people are able to seperate it without it making them depressed 24/7. Did any of you feel depressed cus you simply didn't want to drive your car to the store because you felt like such a little girl/boy and little girls and boys don't drive cars? That is what it feels like practically everyday for me and every year I get older I swear it feels like I want more and more to just be me and stay little forever.
    Thanks any advice and input is appreciated.
    In those who have theorized about this stuff, this is what would be called dropping into that "black hole", also known as unhealthy infantalism. Fantasies aside, the truth is we all have to be adult-like during portions of our lives. In other words, go out in society and act like a big girl. However, that doesn't mean you have to completely discard your baby side. For instance, you might have be wearing diapers under your adult clothes (whether you need them or not). I, personally, have a whole slew of childish type behaviors that are quite minor, but taken as whole keep my self balanced in the outside world. Remember I said, quite minor. I don't start talking baby talk around people in a business meeting. I don't do baby talk at home either, but you get the point.

    It would probably help if you had other activities to do that were not related to being a baby. If you're not working or can't work, maybe a hobby that is more adult-like. If you find that you really can't push yourself to do any big girl things, I would suggest finding a therapist to discuss it.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    In those who have theorized about this stuff, this is what would be called dropping into that "black hole", also known as unhealthy infantalism. Fantasies aside, the truth is we all have to be adult-like during portions of our lives. In other words, go out in society and act like a big girl. However, that doesn't mean you have to completely discard your baby side. For instance, you might have be wearing diapers under your adult clothes (whether you need them or not). I, personally, have a whole slew of childish type behaviors that are quite minor, but taken as whole keep my self balanced in the outside world. Remember I said, quite minor. I don't start talking baby talk around people in a business meeting. I don't do baby talk at home either, but you get the point.

    It would probably help if you had other activities to do that were not related to being a baby. If you're not working or can't work, maybe a hobby that is more adult-like. If you find that you really can't push yourself to do any big girl things, I would suggest finding a therapist to discuss it.
    Thanks I will keep that in mind. Don't get me wrong but I don't like always be a baby 24/7 I know when to keep in under control like for instance I don't act like a baby when I'm driving and don't talk to another adult babyish when it comes to important adult stuff. I think it may be more of being so overwhelmed about the adult world especially since I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder and other stuff aswell. But I think it may have to do with the social anxiety. That I feel so overwhelmed by all the adult stuff that it would be easier to stay little forever and not have to do any of that stuff. Yes that is it! Thanks everyone for helping me lol! I do see a therapist by the way and he knows some about this ab part of me but haven't told him everything.

  9. #9

    Default

    It's funny, just earlier today it occurred to me that I tend to have a Dr. Jekyll/and Mr. Hyde thing going on with my desires. Except my Mr. Hyde is a man sized baby of course.

    Personally, I find it awkward when I'm forced to see or do something that is adult related when I'm in "baby mode." I guess I try to keep the two balanced and separate.

  10. #10

    Red face



    Quote Originally Posted by RazorFox View Post
    Pressure from reality can be depressing, yes. I understand it well, I combat it everyday too. I wish everyday that the laws of physics would break down and the worlds I build in my mind would be even remotely possible. Unfortunately, we're stuck with reality.

    I could suggest a lot of things. Psychologists, hypnosis, withdrawal, lucid dreaming. But I won't, and that's because I believe the best solution is the one you find for yourself. You know you best, and with a bit of self-reflection, I think you will find the balance.

    Try to think of the times when you act most adult most naturally. What do you do? How do you feel? What's around you? Try to think of things that would trigger that change between your adult self and your "baby" self.

    I also want to explore another thing. What kind of responsibilities do you currently carry? Did they come suddenly? Did you have a drastic change in lifestyle recently? Maybe you feel so affiliated with your young self because you were thrust into adulthood and responsibility too quickly for you to cope with?

    Hey razorfox like I was explaining to spaz I think it may have a lot to do with me having sociol anxiety disorder and being very overwhelmed with being an adult and doing adult like things that I think it would be easier to just be little forever. I don't think I was pushed into adulthood to quickly probably too slowly if any.

    ---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

    Sorry everyone for telling you my issues. I'm sure u couldn't care less! Lol I'm just starting to figure myself out now
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-Dec-2010 at 01:55. Reason: Removing duplicate auto-merged post.

Similar Threads

  1. What's the best part?
    By SweetPinkCaramel in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-Oct-2010, 07:28
  2. Hey Part II
    By EvaIlyxtra in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-Sep-2009, 06:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.