Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy better than reality

Default Fantasy better than reality

Often, when it comes to fantasies, the fantasy itself can be so much sweeter than the reality.

While mowing down hordes of zombies with a chainsaw may make a great fantasy, chances are I'd more likely be running away from them instead.

While running over cops with a stolen tank makes a great fantasy, I think I'd pass on actually carrying that out.

Hell, even something like telling a rude clerk that he is acting like a real cunt to his face makes a decent fantasy, but actually carrying out that is socially unacceptable, and for good reason.

And I have had some sexual fantasies before that completely defied logic and physics - in those cases, the fantasy is far better than reality.

I think that people who come on this part of the board hoping that they are becoming IC, or looking for ways to become IC, need to look at those fantasies in exactly the same light.

I have no problem with people writing fap fantasy stories surrounding it. But there is a time and a place for such things, and I really don't think that the people who come to this part of the board with messages like, "I really hope this (insert minor detail here) is a sign I'm losing control" is all that appropriate.

I'm not IC myself, nor do I really want to be. I have had leakage problems before, that were relatively minor, but it was enough to convince me that fantasies surrounding this are often much better off remaining fantasies. The fantasies most often don't factor in the harsh realities, after all.

Just thoght I'd throw my half-cent worth here. To those who are actually coping with the real problem, no disrespect is intended. I used to be one of those people who often wondered about how it would be like to be IC - now, I don't even want to consider it.

EDIT - I really don't have violent fantasies, unless playing video games with that content qualifies. Just thought I'd clarify that to make this post look less creepy.
    Last edited by KaworuVsDrWily; 05-Dec-2010 at 21:21.

I would have to agree with you, in almost every aspect of life, fantasy is better than reality.

Unless that fantasy is Final Fantasy, keep it a fantasy. Its better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamatt View Post
    Unless that fantasy is Final Fantasy, keep it a fantasy. Its better that way.
    Watch it, or I'll drop a Hadoken on you!

Quote Originally Posted by WoulBeDaddy View Post
    Watch it, or I'll drop a Hadoken on you!
    I said Final Fantasy, not Street Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamatt View Post
    I said Final Fantasy, not Street Fighter.
    Don't tell me you've never read 8-bit theater - heck, you've got BM as your avatar!

Fantasy, people are ALWAYS nicer in fantasy. I wish there was a 'reset' holiday, everyone in the US, for a day acts nice to EVERYONE, see how it would work, then, even if it's to an enemy, use that day to think about why you hated each other in the first fucking place. Some girls I've known have been nice, but not ever to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WoulBeDaddy View Post
    Don't tell me you've never read 8-bit theater - heck, you've got BM as your avatar!
    Yes, I've read 8-bit theatre. I've also played the games it was based off of. Besides, we're getting off topic here.

Dream the fantasy; live in the reality; enjoy both for what they are.