Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monsters under my bed... Oh dear!

Default Monsters under my bed... Oh dear!

Who likes to pretend that monsters live under their bed? Just last night I was having a wee bit of a regression session, trying to get back into the mind set, and I found myself actually getting scared at the idea of dem big, scawwy monsters under my bed.

I found it was a blast (after I got back into the grownup mindset). Anyone else try this?

I'm actually still frightened of them. When I was little I accidentally saw part of some scary movie where a girl gets out of her bed and as soon as her foot touches the ground something drags her underneath. Now I can't get that out of my head, which is probably why I learned to deal with my nightmares on my own. I sure as hell wasn't getting out of bed to bother my parents. ;D

I'm actually kinda afraid of the dark when I'm in the little mindset, just like i was when i was actually little. I still cover my head with the blankets, letting only my nose stick out so the monsters don't get me. I still don't know why the monsters don't get my nose... :p

I've done that once before, a while back.
    Now, though, that my under my bed is FULL of trash, I pretend they're in the closet >.>
    More room to hide x.x

On some nights tho, I actually believe it... Too many horror movies as a kid...

Quote Originally Posted by BlushingBunny View Post
    I'm actually still frightened of them. When I was little I accidentally saw part of some scary movie where a girl gets out of her bed and as soon as her foot touches the ground something drags her underneath. Now I can't get that out of my head, which is probably why I learned to deal with my nightmares on my own. I sure as hell wasn't getting out of bed to bother my parents. ;D
    I remember a show like that when I was little, too! After seeing it, I had to stand on my bed and jump across the room, so I wouldn't get eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by stardustangel42 View Post
    I'm actually kinda afraid of the dark when I'm in the little mindset, just like i was when i was actually little. I still cover my head with the blankets, letting only my nose stick out so the monsters don't get me. I still don't know why the monsters don't get my nose... :p
    Hehe, I'm reminded of a Far Side comic, by Gary Larson, on the Monster Snorkel.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Last edited by Adyson; 04-Dec-2010 at 03:45. Reason: Gorram Double Post...

I think everybody is afraid of the dark to a certain extent, and it can even make adults behave irrationally. When you see a spooky shadow out of the corner of your eye at night, who doesn't at least glance at it just to be sure? Everybody believes in monsters, at least momentarily, when night has fallen and they they check the spooky shadow or see the faint outline of a strange object that they don't recognise. Even when we have locked the doors and snuggled up in bed we still watch the shadows even though we know there can't possibly be anything threatening in our room. I think it's because of where our species evolved, if your sleeping on the African savannah under the moonlight, there really are monsters where you sleep, and they are planning on eating you, hence why all children have monsters under their bed.

never did believe in that stuff :/ i was more affraid to fall asleep in case i had a nightmare

Here is a possible idea that may help... Cut the legs off the bed...

If the bed is on the floor, no monsters beneath it shall be.

The closet is a whole other issue, however.

I still won't let any limbs stick out from under the covers in complete dark. Even at my college dorm in my loft bed, with practically no room for a monster to hide because the room is so smal. lol

I've always been afraid of the dark. But after seeing the movie Cloverfield when they're walking through the subway and the fat guy is commenting on the flaming homeless people coming out of nowhere. Anytime now that i'm afraid of the dark, i just remember that scene and laugh.