Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do I have the right to be upset? a rant

Default do I have the right to be upset? a rant

Alright for my 20th birthday I told my parents that I'd like 2 new tires since the ones I have in the back are in rough shape. I need the tires to save money on gas and ya know keep my car safe from a blow out. Anyway they agreed to it keep in mind I do most of the errands around the house stuff like pick people up take people places and go to the bank and all that stuff.

So that was around sept. Its been two months since then and my mom and sister had their birthdays my dad got them both $150 cameras. Now I'm not pissed about the cameras if not I'm angry that I still don't have my fucking "present"! and I actually fucking need my present to keep fucking serving them! So do I have a right to be pissed?

EDIT: I have made it clear that I haven't gotten my tires yet and that's kind of why I'm ranting here... Also this is why I made the topic have someone to talk to. oh and my Mother and sister both had cameras that where still working and what not. So it wasn't a "necessary" purchase.

Update 2: Alright seems as tough many people are getting a wrong idea of this.... I was using the F's because I was pretty much pissed off when I wrote this. Don't think clearly.... Hence it's a rant.

But Here's the full story.

Mom and Dad asked me what I'd like for my b-day.
    I told them I could use two tires since the ones I have are in poor shape (no thread or hardly any left)
    They agreed on getting my tires.
    This all happened 2 weeks before my birthday which was at the end of SEPT. So around the beginning of September is when I asked for the tires.
    I asked for tires since my tires are costly. I had to recently pay for repairs on a number of things for my car. So money is tight and I need some money for Christmas presents. I got myself some lucky cash (unexpected money) and with that I usually splurge a bit on myself.
    I've been trying to find a job for a year so I wouldn't have to rely on my parents for shit like this. But well I've gotten some interviews here and there but no one picks me. Filled out applications and what not to every single store at the local mall..... yeah.... So don't be telling me to get a job. and that I'm not trying hard enough.
    My mom and sister got their presents before their birthday, about a month after I asked for my tires.

I live with my parents since I'm a college student and things are a bit different here. I live 15 minutes away from my college, Got great grades (i'm on the deans list) and a number of other things.

I do errands for my parents because they ask me to so I figure the least they can do is maintain my car.

Overall I'm not spoiled (my sister is) I'm just upset that they promised me something and it's been 2 months since then. Public transportation here is non existent So please remember.... Not every place is the same. You might have transportation but here the car is about the only reliable thing.

Why do I keep clearing this up? Mainly because this post won't be deleted and I don't want to come off as some idiot. Also I"m pissed of that I haven't gotten my necessary item before I asked for my thing... Lets put it this way. My mom's birthday is a month away from mine and my sister is two months away. I've been driving everyone everywhere I'm the family chauffeur , I don't complain and I do it all out of the goodness of my heart. When offered with a present I expect people to ya know keep their promise? Ah who gives a rats ass I'm at least venting and I feel a bit better.
    Last edited by dragsnick; 04-Dec-2010 at 14:41. Reason: Clearing stuff up

I think it's kind of you to do so much work for them, and it is rather irksome that you don't have such a necessary item yet, however I don't think you should flip out overly much. Have you reminded your father that you haven't gotten your present yet? If he just straight up says you're not getting them, or maybe there are financial issues right now you're not aware of.
    You should be a little mad, however approaching your father in a pissed off way will most likely not get you anywhere. I'd advise caution and diplomacy, at least until you're sure you're not getting them.

In my book, yes you do. 100% I'dd sure be pissed if i got treated like that... then again im a spoiled brat.

You do have a right to be pissed. I can understand why you feel that way, completely.

But getting pissed off won't get you those tires any quicker.

Blow some steam off the best you can, and talk to your parents only when you are 1000% sure you can get through the conversation with a clear and level head. Remember, if you make a single uncivilized comment towards them, you're giving them the power to back off from the deal they made with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlushingBunny View Post
    I think it's kind of you to do so much work for them, and it is rather irksome that you don't have such a necessary item yet, however I don't think you should flip out overly much. Have you reminded your father that you haven't gotten your present yet? If he just straight up says you're not getting them, or maybe there are financial issues right now you're not aware of.
    You should be a little mad, however approaching your father in a pissed off way will most likely not get you anywhere. I'd advise caution and diplomacy, at least until you're sure you're not getting them.
    Nah I've already talked to them and reminded them. If they are financial issues they shouldn't have purchased $300 worth of non necessary items. And Should have used my that money to give me my fucking "present" first since well Iunno I fucking need it! Since I asked them before hand to get my tires so I can better serve them?

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    You do have a right to be pissed. I can understand why you feel that way, completely.

But getting pissed off won't get you those tires any quicker.

Blow some steam off the best you can, and talk to your parents only when you are 1000% sure you can get through the conversation with a clear and level head. Remember, if you make a single uncivilized comment towards them, you're giving them the power to back off from the deal they made with you.
    Nah I've already talked to them they said that they'll do it eventually....

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Alright for my 20th birthday I told my parents that I'd like 2 new tires since the ones I have in the back are in rough shape. I need the tires to save money on gas and ya know keep my car safe from a blow out. Anyway they agreed to it keep in mind I do most of the errands around the house stuff like pick people up take people places and go to the bank and all that stuff.

So that was around sept. Its been two months since then and my mom and sister had their birthdays my dad got them both $150 cameras. Now I'm not pissed about the cameras if not I'm angry that I still don't have my fucking "present"! and I actually fucking need my present to keep fucking serving them! So do I have a right to be pissed?

EDIT: I have made it clear that I haven't gotten my tires yet and that's kind of why I'm ranting here... Also this is why I made the topic have someone to talk to. oh and my Mother and sister both had cameras that where still working and what not. So it wasn't a "necessary" purchase.
    You have no right to be upset.

How old is your sister?

Insofar as your dad favoring your mom--he should. She is the woman who stands at his side and whom he loves. You, on the other hand, are a man now and should be standing on your own two feet.

If you do not like how things are working out, and are only staying around to do quid pro quo trades, then you should move out and take an apartment somewhere on the island. If you are moved out already, then you should either (a) do these things out of the goodness of your heart and expect nothing in return; (b) stop doing these things completely, as it's a "job" and you are not being "paid." It is very simple.

So no, you have no right to be pissed, especially if your sister is a minor child. Even if not, that's just something that your dad did for your sister. You have as much right to be pissed as I do at you for not buying me a new set of tires: none at all.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chiharu View Post
    In my book, yes you do. 100% I'dd sure be pissed if i got treated like that... then again im a spoiled brat.
    You are, yes. But you are a minor child living at home. This is different.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    You are, yes. But you are a minor child living at home. This is different.

How old is your sister?

Insofar as your dad favoring your mom--he should. She is the woman who stands at his side and whom he loves. You, on the other hand, are a man now and should be standing on your own two feet.

If you do not like how things are working out, and are only staying around to do quid pro quo trades, then you should move out and take an apartment somewhere on the island. If you are moved out already, then you should either (a) do these things out of the goodness of your heart and expect nothing in return; (b) stop doing these things completely, as it's a "job" and you are not being "paid." It is very simple.

So no, you have no right to be pissed, especially if your sister is a minor child. Even if not, that's just something that your dad did for your sister. You have as much right to be pissed as I do at you for not buying me a new set of tires: none at all.[COLOR="Silver"]
    You know, reading that made me reconsider my initial response in this thread.

You're right on this one.

While I do not like the concept of parents saying they'll do something for one of their offspring and then not doing it, your points trump mine completely this time.

I think you have every right to be unhappy. Not raging mad, but definitely a bit annoyed. Your present is pretty important. You didn't ask for a video game or a new TV. They didn't need new cameras. They should realize the new tires benefit them too. And I don't think age is relevant. You don't cease to be their son when you become 18, 21, or any other age.

How old is your sister?

So no, you have no right to be pissed, especially if your sister is a minor child. Even if not, that's just something that your dad did for your sister. You have as much right to be pissed as I do at you for not buying me a new set of tires: none at all.
    I'm not complaining about them getting the presents. I don't mind that they got them.... I just mind that what I asked for wasn't "selfish" it wasn't really for me. It was so I could keep doing shit for them essentially. I need the car for college and taking people around places. I take my sister all over the place and my mom and I do errands for everyone in the house. Need to go to the doc's I'm the taxi. I PAY FOR THE GAS MYSELF. They give me little in return. I live with them still but that'll change in a year and a half. I'm just dying to get out of here already. Get of this shit island. I'd move but my parents won't allow it. That and I can't get a fucking job or nothing. I'm kind of stuck. Only 3 more semester till I'm gone... I"m mainly pissed that they said they would and they haven't. The promised me that and I asked them before hand.... Ya know figuring it was the smartest thing to do....
    Last edited by Trevor; 04-Dec-2010 at 18:08. Reason: Fixing quote syntax.