Thread: Lebron James returns to Cleveland tonight

tbmoney

Default Lebron James returns to Cleveland tonight

To anybody who happens to be a fan of the NBA...tonight is the night that Lebron James returns to Cleveland...Who do you think will win? Miami? or Cleveland? I hope Cleveland wins...i use to be a HUGE fan of Lebron but he's lost a little respect from me. I still think he is an unbelievable basketball player but I thinnk he totally disrespected the city of Cleveland and there fans. I think Cleveland will play there heart out and beat the Heat tonight...101-95. It will be a tough hard knock battle but the city of Cleveland will prevail. So for this night GO CAVS!

/----------------------\ /----------------------\
    |-----Fan of NBA--- | |----Fan of Lebron---|
    \----------------------/ \----------------------/

Intersection not necessary.

As for me, I'm a fan of neither.

SteelCity

Hes a grown man and should be able to chose what he wants. The way he did it though was stupid. But to diss him considering all the stuff he has done for cleveland, all the charity events, donations. I cant diss on anyone who helps less fortunate children. Cleveland is Cleveland..the mistake on the lake, and the new motto is "At least its not Detroit". As for Lebron, he is an extremeley talented player but will never be as good as MJ. MJ made his jump shots consistently night in and night out, and his fade-away could never be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by tbmoney View Post
    To anybody who happens to be a fan of the NBA...tonight is the night that Lebron James returns to Cleveland...Who do you think will win? Miami? or Cleveland? I hope Cleveland wins...i use to be a HUGE fan of Lebron but he's lost a little respect from me. I still think he is an unbelievable basketball player but I thinnk he totally disrespected the city of Cleveland and there fans. I think Cleveland will play there heart out and beat the Heat tonight...101-95. It will be a tough hard knock battle but the city of Cleveland will prevail. So for this night GO CAVS!

bink

LeBron James is hated because he took shortcut in joining Heat - Michael Rosenberg - SI.com

This is the best article i have ever read about sports. the question is, Why does everybody hate LeBron?
    He has never done anything wrong in the public eye. he has never been arrested for punching his girlfriend, he has never been arrested for dealing drugs and he has never been arrested for fighting dogs. But he did something maybe even worse. He did something against sports. The main purpose of sports is to provide competition. LeBron James cheated competition

I need to say something on this...

As a Cleveland fan, I can explain why he is hated. On July 7th, he had that over-blown commercial for himself on ESPN hosted by Jim Gray. The Decision was seen as a bitch-slap to the city of Cleveland because Cleveland fans didn't deserve to have that happen. I would rather he have told the owner Dan Gilbert that he was leaving Cleveland and that the Cavs were out rather than just keep mum on it and then appear on national TV in a personal commercial for himself. Sure I am a Cavaliers fan and have been all my life. I will be a fan long after LeBron retires. I was a fan before he became a Cavalier.

The reason fans dislike him is because he didn't do Cleveland a favor. I lost all respect I had for him with that stupid Decision show. I thought it was the dumbest and most over-blown, over-hyped piece of tripe I'd ever seen in my life. And no, I didn't watch The Decision as I had a feeling after seeing on ESPN's ticker the night before at the bar- ALL SOURCES INDICATE LEBRON JAMES SIGNING WITH THE HEAT- Once I saw that, I knew that Cleveland was in one word- fucked. However, I decided to not participate in the Lebon-fires they had around the area. I did not burn my stuff. I put it in a footlocker I have.

I still harbor some resentment over LeBron leaving Cleveland because I have been all my life, a Cleveland fan. I have yet to see a championship, I have seen some stuff as a Cleveland fan that makes me wonder. For example, I still never got over the move of the Browns to Baltimore by Art Modell. Sure I have that team back, but it's not the same and I hated the three years we didn't have football.

Being a Cleveland fan is hard. However, what I will do is give LeBron James props, never been in trouble, never gotten into the news for crap and he still does a lot of work around Akron, Ohio. Akron is actually right next door to me, so I know what he does there well. He has foundations that do charity work and stuff. The dude is loyal to his hometown.

WildThing121675