Thread: Mockumentaries

Default Mockumentaries

OK so I've seen a few mockumentaries. I've known about ones like Spinal Tap for a while and am big fan, but it wasn't until I hit the subgenera on Netflix that I realized how many more there were out there.

I watched CSA: Confederate States of America last night and am watching American Zombie now.

What Mockumentaries have you seen?
    Which ones do you recommend?

PS If you watch CSA it deals with with the US had the Southern States won the war and kept the slave trade. It is dark humor and somewhat offensive, however the end is informative concerning US culture and history. I was also a bit surprised that it is a Spike Lee presentation.

Butterfly Mage

One of my favorite Mockumentaries was "The Ruttles". It was a parody of the life and times of "The Beatles". Their treatment of the faux Yoko was just plain awesome. They had her done up to look like a Nazi storm trooper and the narrator said "Her dad invented WWII". Ha ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    OK so I've seen a few mockumentaries. I've known about ones like Spinal Tap for a while and am big fan, but it wasn't until I hit the subgenera on Netflix that I realized how many more there were out there.

I watched CSA: Confederate States of America last night and am watching American Zombie now.

What Mockumentaries have you seen?
    Which ones do you recommend?

PS If you watch CSA it deals with with the US had the Southern States won the war and kept the slave trade. It is dark humor and somewhat offensive, however the end is informative concerning US culture and history. I was also a bit surprised that it is a Spike Lee presentation.

Racist.

Also, mockumentaries are funny cause irony and sarcasm and all that junk is spectacular. Except for I don't think I've seen very many. Maybe some day... maybe some day...