Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help...

Unhappy help...

I've known i'm an Adult Baby for some time now, and i've dedicated a lot of my free time trying to expand on and exploring that to make it a part of my life. I've been able to regress on my own before, to play and act little just for the sake of being myself...
    But here's the thing: I'm stuck, I'm trapped inside myself and i can't get out. I want to play and be a brat and be the big baby that i am... but I can't make it come out anymore. I've tried to stay positive, but I've been on a three month "purge" if you will... all my toys and bottle and binkies have been locked away in a drawer... I have little inclination to get them out again. And it's so very depressing... the more i think about it, the more upset i get, but i can't bring myself to let any of that out right now.
    Some of the people i've talked to have told me its either because i'm running away, or hiding... for whatever reason. And that might be true, i don't know. I know there are plenty of reasons for that to be true... and i can't really fix any of them...

So now i'm just locked away inside my own custom cage, with a lock i can't break and no one to come save me... so i'm just going to sit here, all curled up, and cry... cuz i don't know what else to do.

Im not sure i fully understand but i dont see why you should have to be ashamed of something you are. *shrugs* Im japanese and through that culture its pretty normal to partake in acting kiddy or childish and chibi stuff = yay so i dont know why your beating ur self up, you sound pretty normal to me idk.

it's not that i'm beating myself up or ashamed of anything... I love being me and being open about it... but for some reason, i don't know why, it's like that side of me has decided it's not worth coming out anymore. So half of me is hiding and has left emptiness behind.

Your little is still there, it's just happy and content.

When I would try to force that side to come out, he would always be too scared, or just not be there at all. It worked alot better when I would just relax, and let what happened, happen. Eventually the little will come out again.

I had a huge purge from October of last year (when I discovered that I was a DL and didn't want to admit it) until October of this year, so I can honestly say that if this is a part of you, you will eventually be inclined to get out your baby stuff again and regress. Sometimes, though, when your heart wants to be little, your brain won't let you. Has something happened in the past three months that you needed to be mature for? Perhaps a new job or school? Or maybe somebody told you to 'grow up'? If so, you could subconsciously be repressing your little side because your brain is telling you to be mature. (Brains are big meanies like that.)

I'd simply find a way to get into the regression mood, like taking a bubble bath or watching a little kids' show. Doing simple, babyish things could help you get in the headspace for full-on regression/ little time. I can't know how to help for sure unless I know more about the situation, though. But I'll definitely try to help in any way I can.

Quote Originally Posted by stardustangel42 View Post
    it's not that i'm beating myself up or ashamed of anything... I love being me and being open about it... but for some reason, i don't know why, it's like that side of me has decided it's not worth coming out anymore. So half of me is hiding and has left emptiness behind.
    Hmmm... maybe being open about it makes it less fun? Less personal, if you will. A lot of things aren't fun if they're all out in the open. (Like farting in the shower and laughing at how loud it is. Since I told my friend about that, it's not that funny anymore. I know that's probably a horrible comparison, but whatever. You catch my drift.)

It sounds like there is a possibility that you're not feeling like it because you're trying to force yourself to enjoy it. You're probably going through a purge, which, if allowed to end on its own, will probably be followed by a binge. (think going on a lifestyle diet and suddenly wanting cheesecake...and eating the whole box). A lot of things can lose appeal when you try to push yourself into it. Think back to being in school. Your professor assigns you an essay on a topic you enjoy. You love it until you realize you're being forced into writing a 10 page essay on it due in a week. Suddenly, it's not enjoyable.
    Yet, if allowed to research without being instructed to, the joy of doing it returns. Give yourself time and do other things you enjoy. You should find it comes back in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    A lot of things aren't fun if they're all out in the open. (Like farting in the shower and laughing at how loud it is. Since I told my friend about that, it's not that funny anymore. I know that's probably a horrible comparison, but whatever. You catch my drift.)
    Nope, still fun. It's like farting in the bathtub and being horrifically amused at the bubbles...until you realize the looming smell, XD.

The purge/binge cycle can be a real pain in the buttinski. One day, you can feel at the top of your game; your little set of mind is cute and adorable, and "OMG! IS THAT A BUBBLE?". Then certain emotions come into play... emotions caused from events in your life that distract you. This can really make an AB/DL upset, because they like being a baby, and now they have (ironically) lost control of having control at being a baby.

It's different for all people, but for me, I usually purge if something has been upsetting me for a week or so (or if something spectacular has happened!). It's so hard, because all you want is to be in your happy place, but these thoughts and emotions that are so common with adulthood keep bombarding you.

3 months of purging can be common; my longest was 4 months. The best advice I can give you, is to identify what is happening. Find out what problem is keeping you from being who you want to be, and then solve that problem. Having closure is the best way to get rid of that purge.

BabyRai is right: If left alone, you will probably start to binge again, and man is that always fun!

Don't force it, and enjoy the simple things. Listen to Shukkume: Fart in the shower once in a while...

Maybe you just need to be really little right now and cry things out with your blankie and a nice stuffie. I am guessing there is some trauma somewhere that is being repressed/supressed and you are feeling uncomfortable about being vulnerable?

I have felt like this before. I will be upset, and WANT to be little and cry, but my brain is like "Be a grown-up" or I get scared. I have been in some shitty relationships before, so it can be hard to open to Daddy, even though I trust him. You might try to not even think about it or force yourself to want it for a week. After a week, go "Do I want to do this?" If yes, good. If not, maybe you need another week, or month. I have never had to purge, but I'm assuming it feels like losing your best friend, then binging (besides being expensive) is the embarrassing apology. : ( Just take it slow, and try to relax in other ways.

Maybe IŽll be little bit cruel, but I had same problem. Accept youŽre AB and be happy. Is for nothing some slf-kicking for be as youŽre. And search something more: Some activities, which make desconect you from your problem, the best is some bar and some girl. If youŽre alone, is normal, that your incontinent part screaming give me my cake (paci ?) GOOD LUCK !!!