Thread: Forget about New Years Resolutions.

Default Forget about New Years Resolutions.

If one really wants to make a major change in his life, why wait until Jan 1?

I'm going to start by giving up all products with high-fructose corn syrup. And I'm also going to stop drinking energy drinks (such as Rockstar and Red Bull) at the same time.

And I am going to start right now.

So, if you have a new year's resolution in mind, keep in mind that waiting until the new year is a symptom of not actually wanting to make that change. Don't wait - dive right in. You'll be happier for it.

/end armchair philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    If one really wants to make a major change in his life, why wait until Jan 1?

I'm going to start by giving up all products with high-fructose corn syrup. And I'm also going to stop drinking energy drinks (such as Rockstar and Red Bull) at the same time.

So, if you have a new year's resolution in mind, keep in mind that waiting until the new year is a symptom of not actually wanting to make that change. Don't wait - dive right in. You'll be happier for it.

/end armchair philosophy
    I have posted here before about High-Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), and posted at some length. A few observations:
    1. HFCS really mangles the body's "fullness sensor" and has other metabolic ramifications, so it's good that you're looking to go off it.
    2. The Corn Board is now running commercials that say, "sugar's sugar!" Sure, unless you look at the metabolic impact and other trickery that happens. It is not the case that ATP/ADP production is the same between sugar (cane or beet) and HFCS. Be on the lookout for the newly rebranded HFCS name, "Corn Sugar."
    3. HFCS initially did NOT qualify--with four out of five FDA scientists on the panel shit-canning it--as "safe for human consumption." FDA and the Corn Board brought in some no-name in 1980 (IIRC) to "make this happen." He fired off the four scientists, brought in new ones, and HFCS was then qualified as being safe for human consumption. The no-name guy now has a huge career trajectory in politics. His name? Donald Rumsfeld. The point is, HFCS was not safe, "something" transpired, and then it was passed through FDA trials.
    4. HFCS is in a LOT of foods these days. You're effectively going off soft drinks (unless they're made with sugar, which is rare these days due to the cheapness of HFCS), many breads and bread products, most pre-mixes, and a hell of a lot of packaged/processed food. Do the best you can, but don't be surprised at some point if you eat HFCS.

I thought it would be to get Megaman 1-6 on that NES you found in your coffee table? ^_^

Since I am usually the person I neglect the most, usually my resoultions are to do something nice for myself instead of someone else like usual.

My resoultion for this year was to finally get myself that Galaxy Frauline Yuna tattoo I have wanted since the 90s. I failed.

I guess I am gonna have to carry that one over into the next year.

Hmmm...... I've already given up hydrogenated oils, aspartame and alcohol..... Yeah, it's been a while since I consumed any of those things.

If I keep this up, my diet will look radically different in a very short time.

Hmmm...... I've already given up hydrogenated oils, aspartame and alcohol..... Yeah, it's been a while since I consumed any of those things.

If I keep this up, my diet will look radically different in a very short time.
    *said forcefully, but playfully*

You're avoiding the Megaman issue!!! What have you to hide!?

What I have to hide? Nothing. That also means I have no hidden reserves of cash to hide. And for the Mega Man games, those non-existant hidden reserves of cash would be very nice. :P

Unless you need them complete, get some loose, dirty and in need of a home. That's how I prefer to get all my Fami and Nes games ^_^ There are sooo many loose copies of the MM games for sale (and RM), if you really like them, you really should look into them. Sadly capcom didn't use extra sound channels on the MM/RM games so there is little reason to get them on the Fami.

Well, i suppose mines alittle akward to talk about but i guess my new years resolution that i have been working on is to re-learn or achieve if you will... the ability to use my forearm crutches again to walk. So far over the past month of my recovery I have made it up to using a walker during rehab... i can make it from one end of my lolhospitalroom which... i guess really isnt that big... to the other. I suppose its kinda silly but... if my biggest christmas gift was a small bit more independance from the ones i love... even if its just around the house, idd be a greatful little girl this christmas and it would bring me a very cheerful opening newyear.

meh....