2 20.00%
  • nay

6 60.00%
  • abstain

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turkey twizzlers, yay or nay?

Arrow Turkey twizzlers, yay or nay?

as the title says. Are you a fan of turky twizzlers or do you disise them? Does MRM scare you or do you not care?

crazykittensmile

No, they're more like chicken nuggets, but turkey, and in a twizzly shape. They were classically served to British school children in their school dinners:

http://www.fwi.co.uk/blogs/lincolnshire-farming-blog/turkey%20twizzlers.jpg

Personally I don't like them at all. I'm vegetarian, but even when I wasn't I tried to stay away from any processed meats, you just don't know what's in it or where it's come from. Eugh.

MRM wouldn't be used if it was a health risk you know, and besides I only got them served in school dinners twice in the 6 years I was at primary school, but the was still too often for one certain nosey SoAB chief .

Loopygone

Bernard Matthews died a few days ago... just thought I'd mention it :P.

And I don't know. I've never tried them. I'm not much of a fan of turkey tbh, far prefer chicken and other birds. Its just so dry :O

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Bernard Matthews died a few days ago... just thought I'd mention it :P.

And I don't know. I've never tried them. I'm not much of a fan of turkey tbh, far prefer chicken and other birds. Its just so dry :O
    they wern't too dry if I recall, and I saw that on the news. Thanks giving time too.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by MrPurple View Post
    MRM wouldn't be used if it was a health risk you know, and besides I only got them served in school dinners twice in the 6 years I was at primary school, but the was still too often for one certain nosey SoAB chief .
    Well, just because it's not a health risk doesn't mean they're good for you! I believe turkey twizzlers were high in salt and fat and low in nutritional value, hence not having them in schools any more. (In fact they're not even made anymore.) Since Jamie's School dinners the nutritional value of school dinners nationwide is much better than when we were kids. I also think that they were made from battery raised turkeys, which makes me sad.

I never had school dinners at school, but my sister did and I remember she used to beg my mum to buy them at home (she didnt) so I guess they must have had them a few times at least.

once a month won't do any harm, if it was your tea 3 times a week then it would be problomatic.

Crazymaze

Wow for awhile thought that the twizzlers candy company had come out with a turkey flavored twizzler! Nasty thought, but these don't look to good either.

I think I would prefer turkey-flavored candy over this, actually.

Or, turkey vodka! Why not? They make vodka in every other flavor.....

OK, I'll run out of this thread before the rotten tomatoes start to hit me.