Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling numb

Default Feeling numb

Has anybody ever had so much going on that they just stop feeling? I'm at that point. I'm at a point where I wouldn't care if I got hit by a train or won a million dollars. But then you find that one thing that makes the feelings and emotions come back, and it lets you escape from life. (for me this thing is music). Anybody else ever feel just 'numb'??

I spend most of my life like that...
    but for me, it's very "comfortably numb" (love that song XD and no, I'm not on drugs :P)
    I enjoy that numbness and that's a good thing because it comes with so many of the things I do.
    for example, when most people listen to music, they feel varying emotions, feelings and thoughts about it... if I'm listening to good music, it completely consumes me... everything else ceases to exist... my emotions, my feelings, myself. it's the greatest feeling in the world ^.^

SteelCity

Yeah my days can be like that, but then after working out I get this rush, and all of a sudden I feel good and content like things are going my way.

yes. Never really hit untill this year when iv been really stressed. happens more often then ill admit now.

Yeah... That's how I spend my days... lately nothing has really pulled me out of the rut, but i suppose that's fine too.....

Quote Originally Posted by turtleie View Post
    Has anybody ever had so much going on that they just stop feeling? I'm at that point. I'm at a point where I wouldn't care if I got hit by a train or won a million dollars. But then you find that one thing that makes the feelings and emotions come back, and it lets you escape from life. (for me this thing is music). Anybody else ever feel just 'numb'??
    Wow. That's EXACTLY how I've been feeling the past year and half!

That's my life. I work two jobs. The demands of my school job are constantly changing as I am being requested by more and more teachers. Everyone seems to want me as an assistant, and now my day has no breaks in it. My church job has become more demanding as we expand the role of the praise band. After I get home from that job I help my wife get on her dialysis machine. This is an hour and a quarter process. I have so little time for myself. I get on adisc usually from 10 to 11 o'clock at night. My writing keeps me sane, but the time to write is disappearing as life gets more complicated.

Yah, I've felt like that before when I got laid off. You didn't really say what the problem is so can't realy give you advice. But best of luck buddy.

looks like there are more of us feeling this way then I would have really thought. I too, like many of the others fell numb. So much that I have shut down so much that I am not doing hardly anything away from the house. On weekends, if I can, I shut off my phones and just do as little as possible. I am so numb that I don't want to be around my own family. My being numb comes from medical problems I am dealing with along with the lack of love in my house. i just go to work and come home and the strange thing is, I could just stay at work the entire day and night if I could and it wouldn't bother me, I would at least be doing something to keep me from being so numb.

I've been feeling like this for almost the last year. Between moving out on my own and work I've been super stressed and to top it off I got myself into so financial issues and had to get a 2nd job. I get home from my Sun-Thurs 8am-5pm job and just can't move. But then have to go to my Mon-Sat 6pm-12am job. O and just a few weeks ago I found out my mom has to have surgery and won't be able to work for 2 months. So now on top of my medical issues I'm worried about her. I just started seeing this girl I really like but I struggle for free time to talk and see her and I can already see it causing issues.

It 24/7 stress for me about the only thing I can enjoy is my Sunday night kicking back in the recliner and watching The Walking Dead on AMC or playing my Xbox.