Thread: My hello

Default My hello

Hello ADISC community.

I my name is Thomas, but I use the handle Tomahawk for no other reason that i rhymes with Thomas.

I am a pacifier addict. I have been using a pacifier on and off since I was 13 years, and it is a love/hate thing, but I have settled on the love thing now. I used a pacifier at home until I was 3-4 years, but I had Grandparents that allowed me my secret craving until I was 8 (yes, eight years old). I don't sleep with one every night, but when it comes there is no way of stopping it. :-)

I have been a lurker for a while in AB foras, because I figured that I was an more of a PL (paci lover) rather than an AB. But yesterday I created an account and decided to write a hello here. Lurking is a lonely thing to do.

Besides sucking on pacifiers I work as a computer guy with competences within Linux and web programming. I am a regular churchgoer and a fan of the Blues Brothers films (and no, I don't think the second one sucks. It is fine as it is, and the first one doesn't go away, just because there is a second one!)

I reckonize a few people writing here, that I encountered other places on the Net. Hello to you :-)

All for now.

Tomahawk

Hello Tomahawk!

Don't feel out of place for not being an AB because I'm not one either. I'm just a curious outsider to all of this. It's a really great community here. You should feel welcome. I have a daughter, she's two, and she never took to a pacifier. I thought it to be the strangest thing. Instead, she sucks her thumb, which I guess is worse in the long run because you can take away a pacifier but not a thumb!

You know, I think it's been a very long time since I've watched the first Blues Brothers movie. I don't think I've ever seen the second one though. How long have you been working with computers?

Hi Pandoras

Thank you! Judging by your number of posts, you seem pretty curious for an outsider After all we are all outsiders in a cruel world like this.

I touched a computer for the first time in 1975 (I would have been 9 years by that time) and made it print "Hello computer" in an infinite loop. I got my first computer in 1980, and at that time home computers were totally unknown to the wide population. I remember one of my parent's friends ask: "If I give you my SSN, what can you tell about me?" which I found strange since it visibly wasn't connected to any kind of data net or mass storage.

Regarding Blues Brothers: The second one is called "Blues Brothers 2000". The plot is taking place 20 years down the road from the first one. Everyone aged and the life outside "the joint" (not the smoking kind, the penaltentional(sp?) kind) has forgotten the Blues Brothers, or almost. So getting the band together is even harder this time, but this time they end up being four Blues Brothers. It is interesting to see how the actors aged from the first film and naturally fit the time shift.

Tomahawk

crazykittensmile

Hi Thomas,

Welcome to adisc

I too would first and foremost class myself as a PL! I have always been completely obsessed, and even somewhat besotted, by pacifiers. I never had one as a baby/toddler, but for as long as I can remember I wanted one. My parents eventually gave in and bought me one when I was 5, but it later mysteriously 'got lost' (I'm fairly sure now they threw it away). When I was about 8 I found one a baby had discarded and picked it up, after which I continued to use pacifiers I found until I was able to go into a store and buy one alone aged about 10. Since then I have built up a collection of pacifiers (about 220), there is something about them which almost entrances me. I sleep with one every night and also use as much as possible at home (my housemate is more than used to me having a dummy in my mouth around her). I am also an AB, and have always had an interest in diapers and other 'baby' things as well, but my loves of pacifiers certainly comes before my interest in diapers. There are a few other pacifier enthusiasts around here as well, so don't worry about not being so interested in diapers. If you want to meet more of the pacifier lovers on this site then there are a few groups you may be interested in, including this one: People with Paci's - ADISC.org

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you around the forums
    Jess

Hi Jess

Thank you! I guess we have had the pleasure before. I remember a vivid collector that bragged a hundred pacifiers or dummies as she called them. I can see you collected some more since. Nice seeing you again :-)

Tomahawk

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
    Hi Jess

Thank you! I guess we have had the pleasure before. I remember a vivid collector that bragged a hundred pacifiers or dummies as she called them. I can see you collected some more since. Nice seeing you again :-)

Tomahawk
    We have indeed had the pleasure of meeting before, and I have expanded my collection a lot since we spoke years ago. I think I must have bought about 30 pacifiers just in the last month - I go through little phases of really being intent on expanding my collection, and I guess I am stuck in the middle of one at the moment!

When we last spoke you had just recently bought a pacifier and confessed to your wife. Have you managed to expand your collection, or how often you use, since then?

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    When we last spoke you had just recently bought a pacifier and confessed to your wife. Have you managed to expand your collection, or how often you use, since then?
    Hi Jess.

Sorry, I have not started a collection. I use one at a time. Unfortunately my dog likes pacifiers too, and she chews them to a point beyond any recognition (or use for that matter), so I buy new ones faster than my liking. My wife accepts it as long as she doesn't have to see it or hear about it. I hide it for her sake and it is alright with me.

Tomahawk

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
    Hi Pandoras

Thank you! Judging by your number of posts, you seem pretty curious for an outsider After all we are all outsiders in a cruel world like this.

I touched a computer for the first time in 1975 (I would have been 9 years by that time) and made it print "Hello computer" in an infinite loop. I got my first computer in 1980, and at that time home computers were totally unknown to the wide population. I remember one of my parent's friends ask: "If I give you my SSN, what can you tell about me?" which I found strange since it visibly wasn't connected to any kind of data net or mass storage.

Regarding Blues Brothers: The second one is called "Blues Brothers 2000". The plot is taking place 20 years down the road from the first one. Everyone aged and the life outside "the joint" (not the smoking kind, the penaltentional(sp?) kind) has forgotten the Blues Brothers, or almost. So getting the band together is even harder this time, but this time they end up being four Blues Brothers. It is interesting to see how the actors aged from the first film and naturally fit the time shift.

Tomahawk
    I am a very curious person. And I want to make it a point to learn everything I can before I die. I honestly had no intention to stay this long but people were so friendly to me I decided to stay.

Wow, if you've been messing with computer for this long you must be awesome at it.

Hey, welcome to the site. It's interesting to see a little variety in people's desires. I hope there will be enough pacifier action in the forums to keep you engaged or at least that the non-diaper/infantile content might draw your interest.

Nice avatar! The Blues Brothers is a most excellent movie but I stayed well clear of the sequel as the idea of doing with John Belushi seemed sick and wrong.

Hi tomahawk, welcome to the site, i hope you enjoy your stay, and your avatar is so full of win, The Blues Brothers, what a great movie, *hugs*