Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABDL Parents and their Children

Default ABDL Parents and their Children

And I wasn't quite sure where to put it so I opted for here. I want to know if any AB/DLs ever have kids and what they do to hide their lifestyle from them, if at all.

I was also wondering what I would say to my kid if she ever told me that she was an AB/DL (as of right now she's only two so this is something to know for the future.) I wouldn't be against it, I just wouldn't know what to say or how to help. I'd rather be supportive of her than dislike her for her choice in lifestyle. I happen to be a furry so it would be rather hypocritical of myself if I were to be against her.

Again, I apologize if this is taboo subject manner or is in the wrong subject area.

Pandaoras I have two kids. A boy 10 and a girl 13. My wife knows and accepts but does not participate in any way but my kids do not know at all. I do wear diapers quite frequently during the day on weekends and almost every night.

To your questions:
    1) I do not want my kids to know and never plan to expose them or tell them. Although a couple close calls, they have never seen anything. If for any reason they did, I would explain it as a medical need and drop it.
    2) I keep my diapers in a foot locker in my closet that can be locked. I know kids may tend to "snoop around" sometimes so I will lock it when I travel or if I ever believe the kids will be home by themselves
    3) When I wear, I do what others do when wearing in public by wearing loose fitting jeans. My wife's biggest concern was always the crinkle so I will wear underwear over the diaper which does help, or I have used cloth covered Attends which tend to be quiet while fitting good and not leaking.
    4) I dispose of my diapers on trash day so they are never visible in the trash
    5) Lastly, if for any reason my kids expressed an interest (highly unlikely given the low % of population with this desire) I would not reveal my own tendancies rather try to support them as best I could to make sure they feel accepted and loved rather then shameful.

I feel strongly that kids are impressionable and although I do not want my kids to lead a sheltered live, there is noo need for them to ever know that I wear diapers and I like it!!

Good luck with your daughter as they grow up way too fast.

angelabauer

Being a parent is never going to be easy. Non-parents often have impractical opinions.

Growing up in the 1960s I knew all about diapers for infants, kids, teens and adults. If anyone was writing about people who wore diapers for fun, that material was way, way underground. My Mom, Granny and Aunt Betsy never made a secret that all were urinary incontinent and therefore wore larger versions of the pinned gauze diapers smaller people wore. Mom suspected she inherited her bladder problems, as had her younger sister Betsy, from their mother Granny Vi. Mom reasoned the chances were high all her daughters, including me, would have bladder problems, so we might as well grow up without fear of diapers.

Shortly after my youngest sister Missy gave birth to her daughter in 1990, Missy told me about how playing Adult Baby helped her cope with her incontinence. I gave AB a try and it worked for me. Then we discussed AB with our Mom. She apologized that she knew nothing about AB, but if she had known she would have told us. Missy and I talked it over, then she talked about AB with her husband. They decided to be discreet about AB with their daughter, but to not try making it a top secret.

Coincidentally and earlier, about 1982, my husband Don's late wife Jean became urinary incontinent at menopause. Her gynecologist suggested that Jean join The Simon Foundation for Continence. That was how Jean discovered AB as a way to cope. She joined Diaper Pail Friends and even wrote on the subject. Jean assumed only mature adults were into AB, so she made a major effort to hide her pacifiers, bottles and non-incon stuff from her kids. The older two were adults and living at university, so that part was easy. More complicated was keeping her AB interest from their son, who was 7 when Jean hit menopause. Jean wrote about having storage cabinets made for the master bedroom with locked doors.

Flash forward to 1986. Don and Jean were in Europe on business, with their younger son. Their daughter, then 22, flew over to join them for a week in Germany. A few days later Jean and her daughter passed a shop displaying Bavarian dresses. The daughter said one of those would be adorable on Jean. That night at dinner the daughter presented such a dress to her mother, saying, "Mommy this will be so cute when you play big baby" Clearly that secret had leaked, as secrets always do within families.

By the time Missy's daughter was old enough to take notice, I was married to Don. His daughter, who is 4 months older than me, knew about my incontinence. She must have suspected about my AB. Anyway, she told me about the Bavarian dress shortly after we met. She even offered to buy one for me.

Missy's daughter is almost 21 and in pre-med. She is as profoundly urinary incontinent as Missy and me. AB is no secret to her, yet she calls that "Silly." Who can be sure what her feelings will be at age 26?

My gut feeling is that as a parent I would never want to be caught in a lie or cover-up by my offspring. Although controversial I would be as open as practical about my AB.

Since 1998 I have been active in preventing child abuse. I was a co-founder of the website When Kids Love Diapers. Our theory is that kids either are not infantilists or they are infantilists. Even a kid with no infantilist potential can and often does express interest in diapers. They are a natural object of fascination for children. Should a child either ask to try a diaper or "borrow" a diaper, the important thing is for the parents to remain calm and never panic.

Most important is to never place the child in a position in which stealing diapers is justified. The easiest way to prevent that is for the parent to find the correct size and buy some of those diapers for the child. Now, if the kid is not an infantilist, the discomfort and ridicule from friends will end the diaper experiment.

However, if a kid is still fascinated by wearing diapers as the first bag runs out, then chances are strong that kid or teen is already a confirmed infantilist. Still the parents must not panic. There is no safe or effective treatment to remove infantilism, without replacing it with behaviors far more dangerous. Where counselors and parents can help is by teaching the young infantilist how to be discreet and ethical acting out in diapers. This includes the kid learning to pay for the diapers, to be responsible about buying diapers and storing them. To do this the parents must work hard to keep lines of communication open with the young infantilist.

I am not an AB, but as a full time LG I think my comments are still pretty valid.

I don't hide the fact that I am a kid from my foster kids or my younger friends, but I also do not explain it all in detail. I honestly think I am probably more seen as a cool adult in some sense...but they also notice that I obey their parents and their parents rules...and that makes me seem like less of an adult.

---

On to you though,
    I would, if your kid told you they had any kind of fetish or lifestyle or whatever you wanna call it, where they were not like eating people or something...You should support them and help them explore it before they are on their own. Not only will your kid actually probably trust you in the future, but they might actually love you without it just being words.

At the same time, it depends on your kids age, but if they are past 14 or 15, and they came out to you, I would at the same time tell them about your furriness. Then they probably won't worry as much that you are accepting them for a few days, while you figure out how you want to kick them out.

I know for myself telling my parents I was a girl, the first time they destroyed my life (when I was 5) and then when I was 15 or 16 and I told them again, they "accepted me", only for me to find out two days later, when I came home from school, that most of my stuff was in the lawn and they had taken some specific things of mine like custom paintball markers and sold them for money. My mom also took my baby blanket and those things and threw them away in a dumpster far from our house so I couldn't find them.

I have never talked to any of my friends who were not at least 20 about the fact that I wear diapers at night and on long car trips or to movies, but my kiddies know I wear one, and 2 of the 3 wear one also at night. It's been easier to explain that I sometimes wet the bed because am suffering long term affects of being abused than it is to say there is anything physical about it.

I think that at least one or two of my friends know because they were told at some point by a foster kid, but I have never been asked about it. I am just pretty sure that at some point it has been leaked (not trying to make a bad pun).

I don't have interest in having sex or in doing much anything intamate and I usually cannot be physically connected and emotionally connected to a person at the same time. It kinda has to be one or the other. Since this has to do with sex, the only people who really know this are parents or some of the people I know because I have explained it to them.

I have found, at least for me as a LG, that the best thing I can do is to be very, very open with parents, and to insist on meeting them before ever going over to someone's house. When I was in collage I got in a little trouble, not real trouble, but I had a few parents kinda upset until they had a few weeks to digest things and to accept that although I was weird, I was not dangerous. Althought back then I was much closer to 8 than the 12 I am now. It seems to take me about 3 years to age one for some reason.

1) I do not want my kids to know and never plan to expose them or tell them. Although a couple close calls, they have never seen anything. If for any reason they did, I would explain it as a medical need and drop it.
    2) I keep my diapers in a foot locker in my closet that can be locked. I know kids may tend to "snoop around" sometimes so I will lock it when I travel or if I ever believe the kids will be home by themselves
    3) When I wear, I do what others do when wearing in public by wearing loose fitting jeans. My wife's biggest concern was always the crinkle so I will wear underwear over the diaper which does help, or I have used cloth covered Attends which tend to be quiet while fitting good and not leaking.
    4) I dispose of my diapers on trash day so they are never visible in the trash
    5) Lastly, if for any reason my kids expressed an interest (highly unlikely given the low % of population with this desire) I would not reveal my own tendancies rather try to support them as best I could to make sure they feel accepted and loved rather then shameful.

I feel strongly that kids are impressionable and although I do not want my kids to lead a sheltered live, there is noo need for them to ever know that I wear diapers and I like it!!

Good luck with your daughter as they grow up way too fast.
    OH I see! Wow, you really have things worked out. It seems like a lot of work to keep it a private affair but a necessary thing.

And thanks! If I had things my way she wouldn't grow up. :P I just can't wait for her to start talking. Everyone keeps telling me that once she starts I'll want her to stop. She talks a little bit but not a lot. She's more interested in taking her diaper off or escaping places, lol.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being a parent is never going to be easy. Non-parents often have impractical opinions.

Growing up in the 1960s I knew all about diapers for infants, kids, teens and adults. If anyone was writing about people who wore diapers for fun, that material was way, way underground. My Mom, Granny and Aunt Betsy never made a secret that all were urinary incontinent and therefore wore larger versions of the pinned gauze diapers smaller people wore. Mom suspected she inherited her bladder problems, as had her younger sister Betsy, from their mother Granny Vi. Mom reasoned the chances were high all her daughters, including me, would have bladder problems, so we might as well grow up without fear of diapers.

Shortly after my youngest sister Missy gave birth to her daughter in 1990, Missy told me about how playing Adult Baby helped her cope with her incontinence. I gave AB a try and it worked for me. Then we discussed AB with our Mom. She apologized that she knew nothing about AB, but if she had known she would have told us. Missy and I talked it over, then she talked about AB with her husband. They decided to be discreet about AB with their daughter, but to not try making it a top secret.

Coincidentally and earlier, about 1982, my husband Don's late wife Jean became urinary incontinent at menopause. Her gynecologist suggested that Jean join The Simon Foundation for Continence. That was how Jean discovered AB as a way to cope. She joined Diaper Pail Friends and even wrote on the subject. Jean assumed only mature adults were into AB, so she made a major effort to hide her pacifiers, bottles and non-incon stuff from her kids. The older two were adults and living at university, so that part was easy. More complicated was keeping her AB interest from their son, who was 7 when Jean hit menopause. Jean wrote about having storage cabinets made for the master bedroom with locked doors.

Flash forward to 1986. Don and Jean were in Europe on business, with their younger son. Their daughter, then 22, flew over to join them for a week in Germany. A few days later Jean and her daughter passed a shop displaying Bavarian dresses. The daughter said one of those would be adorable on Jean. That night at dinner the daughter presented such a dress to her mother, saying, "Mommy this will be so cute when you play big baby" Clearly that secret had leaked, as secrets always do within families.

By the time Missy's daughter was old enough to take notice, I was married to Don. His daughter, who is 4 months older than me, knew about my incontinence. She must have suspected about my AB. Anyway, she told me about the Bavarian dress shortly after we met. She even offered to buy one for me.

Missy's daughter is almost 21 and in pre-med. She is as profoundly urinary incontinent as Missy and me. AB is no secret to her, yet she calls that "Silly." Who can be sure what her feelings will be at age 26?
    Wow, so you basically had it easier compared to most the people on this site. It must've been nice not being ridiculed by your family at every turn for what you enjoy.

My gut feeling is that as a parent I would never want to be caught in a lie or cover-up by my offspring. Although controversial I would be as open as practical about my AB.

Since 1998 I have been active in preventing child abuse. I was a co-founder of the website When Kids Love Diapers. Our theory is that kids either are not infantilists or they are infantilists. Even a kid with no infantilist potential can and often does express interest in diapers. They are a natural object of fascination for children. Should a child either ask to try a diaper or "borrow" a diaper, the important thing is for the parents to remain calm and never panic.

Most important is to never place the child in a position in which stealing diapers is justified. The easiest way to prevent that is for the parent to find the correct size and buy some of those diapers for the child. Now, if the kid is not an infantilist, the discomfort and ridicule from friends will end the diaper experiment.

However, if a kid is still fascinated by wearing diapers as the first bag runs out, then chances are strong that kid or teen is already a confirmed infantilist. Still the parents must not panic. There is no safe or effective treatment to remove infantilism, without replacing it with behaviors far more dangerous. Where counselors and parents can help is by teaching the young infantilist how to be discreet and ethical acting out in diapers. This includes the kid learning to pay for the diapers, to be responsible about buying diapers and storing them. To do this the parents must work hard to keep lines of communication open with the young infantilist.
    Ohhh I see. It's nice for parents to have a site like yours to help them. I agree, it's important to teach a child to never steal diapers. Or steal in general. I just wish I knew if she was going to be into it so I could further prepare myself but kids are so unpredictable. @_@
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not an AB, but as a full time LG I think my comments are still pretty valid.
    You'll have to bear with me but I'm pretty new to all of this. What does LG mean? I know what AB means, to my credit. :P

I know for myself telling my parents I was a girl, the first time they destroyed my life (when I was 5) and then when I was 15 or 16 and I told them again, they "accepted me", only for me to find out two days later, when I came home from school, that most of my stuff was in the lawn and they had taken some specific things of mine like custom paintball markers and sold them for money. My mom also took my baby blanket and those things and threw them away in a dumpster far from our house so I couldn't find them.
    Oh man, that's so awful. I can't believe someone would do something so awful to their kid. Regardless of what they believed in. My dad didn't even have such an awful reaction when I told them I'm bi.

I think that at least one or two of my friends know because they were told at some point by a foster kid, but I have never been asked about it. I am just pretty sure that at some point it has been leaked (not trying to make a bad pun).
    Puns are okay with me. That one made me chuckle. How do you handle being a kid and having foster kids? Do they listen to you? And you'd think child services would frown upon someone who's into what you're into. I'm glad you haven't been called out on it because you really do seem like a nice person.

Althought back then I was much closer to 8 than the 12 I am now. It seems to take me about 3 years to age one for some reason.
    Lucky! I wish it took me three years to age.
    Last edited by Pandoras; 25-Nov-2010 at 23:46. Reason: forgot to quote bbwanab/messed up on the quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Pandoras View Post
    You'll have to bear with me but I'm pretty new to all of this. What does LG mean? I know what AB means, to my credit. :P
    Adult Little Girl (I am physically an adult, but develomentally closer to a child)

Oh man, that's so awful. I can't believe someone would do something so awful to their kid. Regardless of what they believed in. My dad didn't even have such an awful reaction when I told them I'm bi.
    I was devistated to say the least. Luckally I had a job and a car to live in.

Puns are okay with me. That one made me chuckle. How do you handle being a kid and having foster kids? Do they listen to you? And you'd think child services would frown upon someone who's into what you're into. I'm glad you haven't been called out on it because you really do seem like a nice person.
    Two different issues:

Yes they listen to me, more than the other genetic female parent figure. They know I only ask of them what they have to do, and that I keep them safe, and fed and I help them with their homework and I also have a wonderful toy collection we can play with ^_^

Because I started doing covert filming work for DHS in HS and continued through collage and a few years after, they really like me. I also have passed two polys and multiple interviews where they were probably a little shocked at my honesty.

My bottom line is that I _have_ to help children, the children who were like me. I want them to be less broken. I also have a BS in Psychology. Oh and I also worked for social servies here in my county, working with the homeless for 3 years in collage.

I do know though that sometimes I have worked with people in DHS who I am sure thought by predijus...however you spell that...that I was some kind of creep, but they just couldn't catch me.

Being extreemly open with my community though I think is the overall key to my success. I mean I am probably the person who could least hide in this area if I ever did anything at all. If I like ran a stopsign and they saw my car, they would have me dead to rights. I have a very unique bumper sticker nobody else has, "Normal people worry me." Because it's true, "normal" people are probably the only ones who would ever think to be nasty to me around here and to me if someone is too normal, they must have something they are hiding.

Oh and back on the DHS thing, the local chapter of Girl Scouts even approved me as a parent driver ^_^ omg that felt so good...I was never allowed to be a Girl Scout, so I just love that they approve of me as an adult. They seem so much, sooooooooo much more LGBT friendly than boyscouts.

Lucky! I wish it took me three years to age.
    And sadly I wish it took me less. *giggles* I guess we never get what we want.
    Last edited by DaddysLittleDefect; 26-Nov-2010 at 01:34. Reason: oops, forgot to reply to the last part

was devistated to say the least. Luckally I had a job and a car to live in.
    That is fortunate.

Yes they listen to me, more than the other genetic female parent figure. They know I only ask of them what they have to do, and that I keep them safe, and fed and I help them with their homework and I also have a wonderful toy collection we can play with ^_^

Because I started doing covert filming work for DHS in HS and continued through collage and a few years after, they really like me. I also have passed two polys and multiple interviews where they were probably a little shocked at my honesty.

My bottom line is that I _have_ to help children, the children who were like me. I want them to be less broken. I also have a BS in Psychology. Oh and I also worked for social servies here in my county, working with the homeless for 3 years in collage.

I do know though that sometimes I have worked with people in DHS who I am sure thought by predijus...however you spell that...that I was some kind of creep, but they just couldn't catch me.

Being extreemly open with my community though I think is the overall key to my success. I mean I am probably the person who could least hide in this area if I ever did anything at all. If I like ran a stopsign and they saw my car, they would have me dead to rights. I have a very unique bumper sticker nobody else has, "Normal people worry me." Because it's true, "normal" people are probably the only ones who would ever think to be nasty to me around here and to me if someone is too normal, they must have something they are hiding.

Oh and back on the DHS thing, the local chapter of Girl Scouts even approved me as a parent driver ^_^ omg that felt so good...I was never allowed to be a Girl Scout, so I just love that they approve of me as an adult. They seem so much, sooooooooo much more LGBT friendly than boyscouts.
    I'm so glad that you haven't, save for the prejudice people, had a lot of trouble in what you do. I think it would be awesome to hang out with someone who is LG. I think I'm the same way, in a sense. I love cartoons and hanging out with people younger than me.
    Last edited by Pandoras; 26-Nov-2010 at 02:15. Reason: There were to "havent's", lol. I also added more.

I am always though quite a bit more nervious when I am in some other area where I do not live, because well people can do things they never would otherwise out of fear. It's an acceptable risk though to be able to be myself. Otherwise I would be safer sometimes, but dead inside.

Yeah, like I said before I think it would be I think it would be awesome to hang out with someone who is LG. I think I'm the same way, in a sense. I love cartoons and hanging out with people younger than me.

I have four children, ages 1 - 6, and a 15-year-old niece (cousin's daughter) who frequently stays with us, and there will likely be another girl staying with us after she turns 16 in under a week. My private things are in my closet and bathroom drawers. It is of course only behind closed doors that I am babied by my husband. The niece has found out that I wear diapers. They are needed, as I am urinary incontinent, and that's all the niece knows about this. My 6-year-old has also figured out that I'm padded, though she is a sheltered and unusual child who has yet to see anything taboo or even strange about this.

The only way I would admit the AB/DL fetish to my children (and etc.) is if I were directly asked. If any of my kids develop aspects of the fetish themselves, I will support them in whatever way they would feel would be least awkward, and of course I'd say it is just a kink that many people have and that it's no big deal.