Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Canada!

Default Hello from Canada!

Hi Guys,

Just stumbled across this community site and was naturally interested in joining. It's nice to meet new people with similar interests, especially those that most other people don't understand. So communities like this are really important to me.

Anyway, I am a 26 year old, Male, Diaper Lover living in Vancouver Island, BC Canada. I love gaming (Video games and Tabletop (Like D&D)), I'm a huge movie buff, I love Electronica Music (Daft Punk Forever!!) and Anime (Hellsing, Akira, Princess Mononoke and more). I am also a talented artist, I enjoy Sketching, Acrylic and Oil painting, but my specialty is Digital Art (Photoshop, Etc.).

I am hoping to meet some really nice, fun and interesting people here.

I just realized that I don't need to mention my age or location, and would have edited that out if this site gave you that option. So please forgive that small fopar on my part.

Please and Thank you.
    Last edited by Peachy; 25-Nov-2010 at 16:54. Reason: merging doulbe post

*wave* Hello BabyBlue! It's nice to meet you! I also love video games AND table top games! I love meeting new gamers. What do you think of D&D 4th Edition? I particularly don't care for it but that's just me. I'm a 3.5 kind of girl.

I actually haven't had the chance to try it yet. I hear mixed things about it. My friend and I tend to use the older Editions, 3.5 and lower. So yea, my favorite video games are Diablo, Zelda, Half-Life, Portal, Unreal Tournament, Heroes of Might and Magic, and from there, I love a lot of the old skool RPG's like Breath of Fire, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger,etc. out of all of those games, most of my passion goes to the Diablo games, I LIVE for that franchise. Diablo 3 is looking amazing. What games do you like?

I like Zelda, Half-Life, Portal, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Plants vs Zombies (I know, it's lame. :P)... that's all I can think of right now. My fiance got me the first Half-Life for our PS2 but I can barely play it because it makes me have motion sickness.

I wasn't even aware that Half-Life was available for PS2..huh. Anyway, Its awesome to meet other gamers. I'm sure we will have many a good conversation in that regard. It's great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBlue26 View Post
    I just realized that I don't need to mention my age or location, and would have edited that out if this site gave you that option. So please forgive that small fopar on my part.

Please and Thank you.
    You can edit your posts, you just can't do it until you've reached "Contributor" status, as you now have. Your age and location is shown anyway, but you can hide that information if you wish. You don't *have* to give us a location, you just shouldn't lie if you do, but you do need to provide your correct date of birth for safety and security reasons whether you decide to show it or not. Hope that helps. If you have any further problems or questions, then don't hesitate to ask!

Anyway, welcome to the site =)

Fancy sharing some of your art with us?

I would love to show off my artwork, What is the best (fast and efficient) way for me to do that? There are quite a few images. Maybe I should just link you to a website where It's already posted? My FB page has an artwork album in it. Would that suffice? Also, Is it only you who cares to see my work? or are you speaking for everyone else who hasn't asked that may or may not be interested?

Keep in mind, that I am somewhat paranoid about posting my work elsewhere other than my personal websites. For fear of someone taking my work and claiming it as their own. I am still pondering on the idea of putting it on DeviantART for speculation and critiquing by other artists.But the jury is still out on that one. I also am very easily intimidated by artists who are far better than me. which deviantART is full of.
    Last edited by BabyBlue26; 25-Nov-2010 at 11:16.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBlue26 View Post
    I would love to show off my artwork, What is the best (fast and efficient) way for me to do that? There are quite a few images. Maybe I should just link you to a website where It's already posted? My FB page has an artwork album in it. Would that suffice? Also, Is it only you who cares to see my work? or are you speaking for everyone else who hasn't asked that may or may not be interested?
    I cannot speak for anybody else, unfortunately. =)

Linking us to your Facebook page may not be the best idea, unless you want the whole world to know who you are.

Perhaps you could show us one or two images, and then you can see if anybody's interested in seeing more?

I suggest getting a DeviantArt page. It's a great way to show off your art and not as personal as a Facebook is. I have one myself.

I remembered that I already had a deviantART page. I just didn't have any submissions in it yet. There are now 2 artworks in there to start. I want to choose wisely which pieces I put in there. I only want to show my best work. In any case, you may now have a look.

I am unable to give a direct link it seems, so you will have to look up my profile. I go by the alias DragonChi.