23 19.49%
  • Other (Ron Paul)

19 16.10%
  • Undecided

10 8.47%
Page 1 of 22 123451121 ... LastLast

Thread: American Presidential Candidates 2008

Default American Presidential Candidates 2008

Hi, it just occurred to me that nobody (to the best of my search engine use) had started a thread on this yet: If you live in America, who do you want to be elected president this November? I cast my vote for Obama.

This is a private poll, so no-one can tell who you are voting for unless you say so.

I haven't decided for sure yet, but I'm leaning toward McCain. I think I'll have a better idea once they choose their veeps, though.

They're all untrustworthy and party-idealists. I think party separation in the government is a good thing, but none of these candidates have what it takes to be the president that our country actually needs.

I gladly look forward to 2012.

McCain is certainly not a party idealist. Look how a lot of the hardcore right opposed him and didn't want him to get the nomination. The only reason they'll support him now is they like him more than the alternative. He's got a history of crossing party lines and working with both sides, so I am not sure why you say he is a party idealist.

I voted for Mitt Romney back during the GOP/republican primary here in CA but due to Mike Huckabee I think Mitt was pretty much doomed to fail even tough he still made it close.

So I'll either vote for John McCain or write in a name of a true republican. Its just that do I want to vote for someone who has a shot at winning (McCain) or vote only for my ideals (write-in). So far my votes going to McCain since I don't really want to "waste" my vote.

I'm probably going to offend someone, I hope not though. I'm really, really sorry, but I have to be honest. In my opinion, Obama is a fake, he's rude, and he's a snob. (I used to be for him myself until I thought about it a bit.) It's like people are mesmerized by him and don't care though... as if he could get away with anything. (I think this is all why Clinton didn't want to give up at first) If he wins, then I certainly hope he doesn't become a democratic Bush. Also kinda afraid McCain could be another Bush. I really, really hope Obama picks Clinton as his running mate... she's not fake, she's not rude, and she's not a snob. Plus, she knows something about the White House, while Obama just thinks he does. And if McCain wins, which I have a feeling he may, then he better not pick Romney as his running mate (I just have a really bad gut feeling about that guy). I hope I'm wrong about them though... I hope Obama and McCain would actually both make great presidents, but there's really no way to know for sure. And this is such a major thing.... we don't need another guy like Bush in office.... not at all....

I'm not 100% sure who I'll actually vote for... I guess it will sorta depend on who picks who as a running mate. Probably Obama though....

FullMetal

It all depends for me. I was for Clinton, so both of these candidates are untrustworthy. Not that Clinton wasn't untrustworthy, but for me, a little less. Now that it comes down to McCain or Obama, I would gladly pick Obama...IF Clinton is is vice. This election is going to be interesting, Obama really does depend on Clinton. Even though the Clintonites are democratic, I believe that the majority will not vote for Obama if he does not have Clinton as vice.

Then again, I do feel it is all a free for all now, and we all have to wait at least a good month before we (I) make a decision.

So,

Let the games begin?

FullMetal

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I'm probably going to offend someone, I hope not though. I'm really, really sorry, but I have to be honest. In my opinion, Obama is a fake, he's rude, and he's a snob. (I used to be for him myself until I thought about it a bit.) It's like people are mesmerized by him and don't care though... as if he could get away with anything. (I think this is all why Clinton didn't want to give up at first) If he wins, then I certainly hope he doesn't become a democratic Bush. Also kinda afraid McCain could be another Bush. I really, really hope Obama picks Clinton as his running mate... she's not fake, she's not rude, and she's not a snob. Plus, she knows something about the White House, while Obama just thinks he does. And if McCain wins, which I have a feeling he may, then he better not pick Romney as his running mate (I just have a really bad gut feeling about that guy). I hope I'm wrong about them though... I hope Obama and McCain would actually both make great presidents, but there's really no way to know for sure. And this is such a major thing.... we don't need another guy like Bush in office.... not at all....

I'm not 100% sure who I'll actually vote for... I guess it will sorta depend on who picks who as a running mate. Probably Obama though....

Hilary lies though...And she's scripted...I think Obama is nice, and he wouldn't have insulted people, if they didn't attack him first...