Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The AMAs

Default The AMAs

Justin Bieber is the best we have to offer? Really?

I give up on mainstream music. Radio can die, too. The same monotonous 30 songs over and over again.

Ugh, does this make me feel like a cranky old man.

American Music Awards of 2010 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Justin won over Eminem????? It's a sign of the apocalypse!!!!!

It's just a sign that the record companies are shoving this new era of music down everyone's throat, trying to make them forget what real music is. lol

Brutal.... im a teen girl and i disagree with beiber and his sharad D: curse his mainstream horrible music....

Well, maybe I don't have to be a cranky old man to hate the outcome of the AMAs, then...but I am. lol

Remember guys, the award is favorite (as in most popular) artist. Nowhere is there any implication of talent...

Oh, and to celebrate my countryman's achievement, a little song:

YouTube - Banelings - (Justin Bieber - Baby PARODY) ft HuskyStarcraft / KurtHugoSchneider

Of all the nominees, the only "Rock" act in the nominees were Muse, and they weren't a nominee in the rock sections!!!!

Beiber's music is a disgrace to the music industry, and is proof that music is no longer a form of expression or art (or skill, or virtuosity, or talent)

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder92 View Post
    Of all the nominees, the only "Rock" act in the nominees were Muse, and they weren't a nominee in the rock sections!!!!

Beiber's music is a disgrace to the music industry, and is proof that music is no longer a form of expression or art (or skill, or virtuosity, or talent)
    It's out there...you just have to search for it. Just because Leo Kottke, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani aren't currently popular doesn't mean they aren't still out there being incredible.

I will admit, I do listen to a lot of mainstream rap, and I do enjoy it very much........ But outside of that, I really don't listen to a lot of new music.

I have never heard Justin Beiber, but I somehow doubt I am missing much.

It's impossible for me to slam on people who do like his music, though. After all, I do dig Lil' Wayne quite a bit, and I have heard countless people talk trash about his music.

If you really want quality artists getting the attention they deserve, why not shell out some dollars to see them if they ever show up in your town? If you can, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheeer View Post
    It's out there...you just have to search for it. Just because Leo Kottke, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani aren't currently popular doesn't mean they aren't still out there being incredible.
    True, very true. I wasn't saying that there were NO virtuosic or skillful musicians out there any more, heck, I went to see some last week (Ash are amazing) but the thing is, the majority of people listen to the same old recycled music, that follow the same pattern every time, with pretty much the same chord structure. It just annoys me that people can't realise that a lot of the "best new X" or "best Y" are almost identical musically to the previous 5!