Thread: My PS3 works again!!! So pumped I just had to tell everyone about it!

Default My PS3 works again!!! So pumped I just had to tell everyone about it!

Ok so I just had to let people know because im stoked! My disk drive for my ps3 is working again!

So a few months ago my dad was watching the second season of "the shield" and for some reason the disk would not eject, I tried everything I could think of to get the disk out, manual eject, turning it off then holding eject then turning the system on and a slew of other remedies that people have told me about.
    So today I finally caved in and was about to send it to sony to fix, but it would cost me a slew of money since I have the older fat model and my three year warranty had expired. Anyways I took my ps3 out of its box and tried rejecting the disk just for the heck of it....AND IT WORKED!!! I put a cd in just to see if it was a fluke but it wasnt! it is ejecting every single time.

so anyways im gonna stop rambling on. First thing tomorrow afternoon im going over to my buddies and picking up my controllers I let him barrow so I can get back to gaming!!! Im so pumped!

My DVD player, also made by Sony has this exact same problem. Though mine isn't slot loading it's tray loading.

Another problem was the first batches of PS3's did not come with a HDMI cable at all. My DVD player that up converts to 1080i however does. Personally I would of rather seen Sony be smart and give HD cables to a system that can actully display HD, not a DVD player that upconverts where there s little difference in quality.

Im sorry to hear about your dvd player! my ps3 isnt the first batch of them then since mine has hdmi. mine is the 80 gig backwards compatible. 4 usb slots and memory card slots for cameras... apperantly if I sold it to my independent game store in town I would get more out of it than I would selling a brand new 2010 ps3

That's great, I hope that doesn't happen to mine! (It would be hell for the whole household!)

Quote Originally Posted by cweezy928 View Post
    Im sorry to hear about your dvd player! my ps3 isnt the first batch of them then since mine has hdmi. mine is the 80 gig backwards compatible. 4 usb slots and memory card slots for cameras... apperantly if I sold it to my independent game store in town I would get more out of it than I would selling a brand new 2010 ps3
    Well like your PS3.. I simply had to unplug it and replug it back in. I just don't get why either the DVD player or your PS3 did it. Considering ones tray loading and one's slot loading.

Quote Originally Posted by masterlink View Post
    That's great, I hope that doesn't happen to mine! (It would be hell for the whole household!)
    I hope your ps3 disk drive doesnt break! I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy! It sucked so much not having my PS3 for almost 2 months.... I wish I could put mor emphasis on the sucked part haha.